Jump to topic:

Trying to start a Gay-Straight-Alliance

phiLockeraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 8:15:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'm trying to start a GSA at my high school. The administration seems to be going through bureaucratic technicalities in order to delay this as long as possible. How can I get a club in the school, or perhaps one outside of the school that instead has the banner of the county off of the ground, and ready for the school year next year, with minimal risk to me and my members?
"Philosophy is a great conversation that never ends"

Writing for this website ----> www.dailyfreethinker.com
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 8:23:05 PM
At 5/3/2015 8:15:38 PM, phiLockeraptor wrote:
I'm trying to start a GSA at my high school. The administration seems to be going through bureaucratic technicalities in order to delay this as long as possible. How can I get a club in the school, or perhaps one outside of the school that instead has the banner of the county off of the ground, and ready for the school year next year, with minimal risk to me and my members?

Last I checked the gay community is alienating the strait community left and right by forcing their gayness on others through threats of death and financial destruction. Good luck with that.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
phiLockeraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 8:25:05 PM
At 5/3/2015 8:23:05 PM, sadolite wrote:

Last I checked the gay community is alienating the strait community left and right by forcing their gayness on others through threats of death and financial destruction. Good luck with that.

While I understand your concern that the gay community is following the same legal norms established by the civil rights act, and/or using their power as consumers in a free market to bankrupt businesses that disrespect their basic humanity, that's not what this club is about.

This club is about ensuring that students of the LGBTQA community are no longer bullied, harassed, or demeaned for being themselves.

Would you like to have a discussion on the topic in another forum?

Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 8:23:01 AM

Just the other day I was walking down the street, then from out of no where a bunch of "gays" said would you like to be gay ? I said no thanks. At which point they produced a gun and said unless I become a gay they would kill me !!!

At this point they called in reinforcements and anyone who didn't turn into a gay was lined up and shot.

Luckily some christian prayer warriors came to save us and in the name of Jesus raised from the dead those who were killed and prayed the gay away.

Now I am happy to report that all the men want nothing more than vag, just like the Lord intended.

We now celebrate this as an annual holiday known as vag day.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Gustav_Adolf_II
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 9:37:43 AM

I have a question, why are clubs like these called gay-straight-alliances? Why does it need to be called an alliance? Don't get me wrong, the purposes of these clubs is just, but I simply wondering about the name these clubs share.

I'm not sure how you could get around the red tape other than starting the club under a different name, such as an anti-bullying club.
"Quoting yourself only makes you look like an arrogant jerk" - Gustav_Adolf_II
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 9:39:55 AM

I'm not sure how it is at your school, but at mine you just need a teacher as a sponser and 10 members to start a club.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
retrogamer176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 9:54:50 AM
At 5/4/2015 8:23:01 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Just the other day I was walking down the street, then from out of no where a bunch of "gays" said would you like to be gay ? I said no thanks. At which point they produced a gun and said unless I become a gay they would kill me !!!

At this point they called in reinforcements and anyone who didn't turn into a gay was lined up and shot.

Luckily some christian prayer warriors came to save us and in the name of Jesus raised from the dead those who were killed and prayed the gay away.

Now I am happy to report that all the men want nothing more than vag, just like the Lord intended.

I seriously think your joking.
Retro, out.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 3:08:56 PM
Of course Sadolite has to post.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 3:12:53 PM
At 5/4/2015 3:08:56 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

I think it was a joke... >.>
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 3:15:49 PM
At 5/4/2015 3:12:53 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

That sort of thing would be a thing Sadolite says.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 3:25:31 PM
At 5/4/2015 3:15:49 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 5/4/2015 3:12:53 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

That sort of thing would be a thing Sadolite says.

I know he's special, but I don't think he's homophobic...
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 8:43:16 PM
At 5/3/2015 8:25:05 PM, phiLockeraptor wrote:

While I understand your concern that the gay community is following the same legal norms established by the civil rights act, and/or using their power as consumers in a free market to bankrupt businesses that disrespect their basic humanity, that's not what this club is about.

They haven't done that alone. They have used coercion as well. A bakery, owners of which have 5 kids, for refusing to bake a gay marriage cake was fined 135,000 dollars due to a complaint to the labor and business bureau. the lesbian couple cited pain and anguish of 90 symptoms to include smoking, Irritable bowl syndrome, insomnia, weight gain ect...

A former CEO of Mozilla donated to proposition 8, and due to complaints from the gay community forced to resign.

Apparently if you disagree with the gay agenda you have your rights of freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and freedom to participate in the legislative process are all threatened. People who consider LGBTQI to be aberrant behavior are bullied, harrassed, and demeaned. They lose their businesses, their property, their jobs, and labeled hate groups.

Yes that alienates a lot of people.

Question. Is the consensual sexual activity between a father and daughter to be accepted as normal behavior?

Question. If someone consents that their body can be used for sexual gratification by another adult, is that a scenario in which necrophilia should be an acceptable choice?

This club is about ensuring that students of the LGBTQA community are no longer bullied, harassed, or demeaned for being themselves.

Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 9:25:26 PM
At 5/4/2015 8:43:16 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

They haven't done that alone. They have used coercion as well. A bakery, owners of which have 5 kids, for refusing to bake a gay marriage cake was fined 135,000 dollars due to a complaint to the labor and business bureau. the lesbian couple cited pain and anguish of 90 symptoms to include smoking, Irritable bowl syndrome, insomnia, weight gain ect...

A former CEO of Mozilla donated to proposition 8, and due to complaints from the gay community forced to resign.

Apparently if you disagree with the gay agenda you have your rights of freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and freedom to participate in the legislative process are all threatened. People who consider LGBTQI to be aberrant behavior are bullied, harrassed, and demeaned. They lose their businesses, their property, their jobs, and labeled hate groups.

You ask the best questions.

Question. Is the consensual sexual activity between a father and daughter to be accepted as normal behavior?

Legally? There seems to be an argument that says incest should not be criminalized http://www.vocativ.com.... I don't think incest is a wide spread thing, and in US its taboo, unless it's your cousin in certain States. So if decriminalized a hand full of Lannisters will live their lives as normal and life will go on.

Question. If someone consents that their body can be used for sexual gratification by another adult, is that a scenario in which necrophilia should be an acceptable choice?

It's typically understood that once you die you can't consent to any more deals or requests, other than your will, of course. So unless "F*ck my naked corpse" is in the will, I don't see how anyone can claim to have a right to necrophilia, even if s/he was a whore in life.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 9:37:11 PM
At 5/4/2015 9:25:26 PM, Bennett91 wrote:

Sarcastic?

Legally? There seems to be an argument that says incest should not be criminalized http://www.vocativ.com.... I don't think incest is a wide spread thing, and in US its taboo, unless it's your cousin in certain States. So if decriminalized a hand full of Lannisters will live their lives as normal and life will go on.

So anyone not advocating father-daughter sex should lose their jobs, businesses, and right to fund political motivations?

It's typically understood that once you die you can't consent to any more deals or requests, other than your will, of course. So unless "F*ck my naked corpse" is in the will, I don't see how anyone can claim to have a right to necrophilia, even if s/he was a whore in life.

I stated a person gave consent, I think it save to say this was given before death.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 9:38:33 PM

How attractive are the daughter and dead person?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 9:42:39 PM
At 5/4/2015 9:38:33 PM, Maikuru wrote:

How attractive are the daughter and dead person?

Extremely. If it was a dead daughter I doubt I could contain myself.
Varrack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2015 12:07:21 AM
At 5/4/2015 9:54:50 AM, retrogamer176 wrote:

You think?
retrogamer176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2015 8:56:07 AM
At 5/5/2015 12:07:21 AM, Varrack wrote:
At 5/4/2015 9:54:50 AM, retrogamer176 wrote:

You think?

Of course I do.
Retro, out.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2015 10:55:12 AM

What's the point of these alliances? As in, what's the point of having straight people in them?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
kbub
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2015 11:00:42 AM

Your humor gets me through the day ;O)
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2015 4:03:06 PM
At 5/5/2015 11:00:42 AM, kbub wrote:

Not humour, the truth. Go ask the business owners who have had their businesses shut down and death threats on their families.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2015 4:25:42 PM
At 5/4/2015 9:37:11 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

Sarcastic?

So anyone not advocating father-daughter sex should lose their jobs, businesses, and right to fund political motivations?

Not advocating? What? What kind of stupid loaded question is this? Nobody has to advocate anything if they don't want to. Are you trying to string this along to a bakery or incest marriage? If so, making a cake is not advocating anything, it's doing your job.

I stated a person gave consent, I think it save to say this was given before death.

Ah then it seems the problem comes from "acceptable". In what context are you talking about? From a social level necrophilia is taboo and probably illegal. But other than that, assuming precautions were taken to prevent the spread of disease, I don't see what would be immoral about consensual necrophilia. But just because it's not immoral doesn't mean I have to accept it in my presence.
kbub
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2015 4:29:17 PM
At 5/5/2015 4:03:06 PM, sadolite wrote:

Not humour, the truth. Go ask the business owners who have had their businesses shut down and death threats on their families.

Dawwww ;) cute homophobia
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2015 4:34:55 PM
At 5/5/2015 4:29:17 PM, kbub wrote:
At 5/5/2015 4:03:06 PM, sadolite wrote:

Dawwww ;) cute homophobia

Welcome back K!
phiLockeraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2015 11:54:27 AM
At 5/5/2015 10:55:12 AM, socialpinko wrote:

What's the point of these alliances? As in, what's the point of having straight people in them?

There's two reasons.

First of all, allowing straight people in means that joining the club wouldn't de facto out somebody.

Second, allowing straight people in makes it clear that you don't have to be gay to support gay rights, much like you don't have to be black to support racial equality, or be a woman to support suffrage.

Any questions?

phiLockeraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2015 11:58:06 AM

That's the free-market at work. If you do something that alienates your customers, you pay the consequences. Perhaps your real problem is capitalism?

The problem with that logic is that anybody can sue for having services refused arbitrarily. It's not just a gay thing. Your rights end where another's begin.

No it's not. It's a good thing that being gay, lesbian, bi, or pansexual has nothing to do with incest, right?

Maybe it should, maybe it shouldn't. It's a good thing that being gay has nothing to do with necrophilia, right?

phiLockeraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2015 11:59:46 AM

Sarcastic?

No, because the free-market does not demand it. If the free market did, then it would be perfectly acceptable.

As for Mozilla, the company made a decision using their rights as American citizens to get him to fire, based on pressure from the free market. Again, pretty standard procedure.

Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2015 12:42:31 PM
At 5/6/2015 11:58:06 AM, phiLockeraptor wrote:

That's the free-market at work. If you do something that alienates your customers, you pay the consequences. Perhaps your real problem is capitalism?

Freedom of religion means I can live my life according to religious tenets as long as they don't impede on anothers freedoms. Does not getting a cake impede on your freedoms? Absolutely not. No one should be forced to expend money or energy to support what they consider against thier religion.

The consequences of a business in a capitalist society is LOSS of consumers. Not strong arm taking of property or livelihood.

You don't like a business don't use it, but hey you suggest we just burn it shut it down take it away, thats not capitalism that's how socialism works. Where the state not consumer power encourages or denies a particular business.

I don't blame you though. Poor education and media you probably don't understand the difference between the two.

The problem with that logic is that anybody can sue for having services refused arbitrarily. It's not just a gay thing. Your rights end where another's begin.

Yeah learn where yours ends and mine begins. I have the constitution protecting my right to try and live sin free and the political protections to advocate for what I feel right.

Guess what that bakers family of 7 people lost thier income and severly impact thier life. Guess what you can buy a cake somewhere else. Don't buy from that bakery and they will go out of business. Thats how a free capitalist society works.

So who is forcing who? Gays force their views and desires unto others. Those are the haters and bullies.

No it's not. It's a good thing that being gay, lesbian, bi, or pansexual has nothing to do with incest, right?

They have everything in common with incest. When you consider sex and marriage to be the consensual gratification of sexual desire you MUST then accept as normative behavior like incest.

Maybe it should, maybe it shouldn't. It's a good thing that being gay has nothing to do with necrophilia, right?

Nothing to do? Maybe you should learn what aberrant means.

Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2015 12:49:02 PM
At 5/6/2015 11:59:46 AM, phiLockeraptor wrote:

Sarcastic?

No, because the free-market does not demand it. If the free market did, then it would be perfectly acceptable.

Did people stop using mozilla? No they harrased and preasured to injure a person for what? Participating in the political process in accordance to his rights! How stupid are you? If someone doesn't vote the way you want or fund the position you like man handle and harrass to get them fired! You think that is democrstic and capitalist? Wow you are so twisted by a liberal agenda.

Look I don't care how you get your rocks off, but don't force me to support your decision when I DON'T agree with it.

As for Mozilla, the company made a decision using their rights as American citizens to get him to fire, based on pressure from the free market. Again, pretty standard procedure.

Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2015 1:04:09 PM
Hey the next time someone votes to not have government money subsidize and encourage behavior they consider harmful to the american society and economics lets just cut thier head off.

Then everyone will vote in accordance with the gay agenda, thats what rule by the people (minority) means.