Jump to topic:

I need a hobby/project

Rubikx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2015 8:50:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I've been kinda bored lately and i need something to do (long term). Anyone have any ideas? Just so you know I'm bad at art, not very athletic and not the most creative person. I'm just looking for something to do other then spend time on my computer.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2015 11:24:23 PM
At 5/7/2015 8:50:22 PM, Rubikx wrote:
I've been kinda bored lately and i need something to do (long term). Anyone have any ideas? Just so you know I'm bad at art, not very athletic and not the most creative person. I'm just looking for something to do other then spend time on my computer.

KNITTING!!!!!!
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
Rubikx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 9:04:59 AM
At 5/7/2015 11:24:23 PM, mishapqueen wrote:

KNITTING!!!!!!

Im a 16 year guy.... any other ideas?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 9:21:14 AM
At 5/8/2015 9:04:59 AM, Rubikx wrote:

KNITTING!!!!!!

Crocheting.

Rebuilding a car. Charity work. Learn a language.
My work here is, finally, done.
Surrealism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 9:49:26 AM

KNITTING!!!!!!

-Learn a programming language
-Learn Latin, then read Ovid
-Read awesome books
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 11:02:17 AM

KNITTING!!!!!!

Guys can knit. :P

But you might like carpentry.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 11:05:14 AM

Pottery :)
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 11:23:39 AM

I agree with learning a human language and learning a programming language. While you're at it, I suggest studying linguistics too. :) Oh, and of course, debating on DDO. That can be a long-term pursuit even if you don't debate IRL (I don't).
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
Samantha22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 11:56:44 AM
At 5/8/2015 11:05:14 AM, Lee001 wrote:

Pottery :)

I hate you Lee.
Rubikx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 2:58:27 PM
At 5/8/2015 11:23:39 AM, Diqiucun_Cunmin wrote:

I agree with learning a human language and learning a programming language. While you're at it, I suggest studying linguistics too. :) Oh, and of course, debating on DDO. That can be a long-term pursuit even if you don't debate IRL (I don't).

I used to know spanish, but I haven't used it in a long time. I actually taught myself how to use python (to at least some extent) and i'm currently learning Java.
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 4:43:45 PM

You should get into leather working. There's all kinds of things you can make with leather, and it doesn't require a lot of creativity.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 4:44:23 PM

KNITTING!!!!!!

I'm a 41 year old guy, and I knit. I highly recommend it. It's a lot less expensive to get into than leather working, and you can make a lot of stuff.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 5:23:50 PM

Coin collecting
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 6:57:19 PM

I got an idea!! Solve Rubik's Cubes! ;)
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Kaynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 9:09:30 PM
Rubik's cube gets repetitive and boring after you learned the algorythm(talking from experience)

Try chess
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 9:28:47 PM

Write a book.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 9:57:17 PM
At 5/8/2015 9:51:45 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
My wife is wanting to write a children's book.

I thought you would recommend MLP...
Tsar of DDO
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 9:59:22 PM
At 5/8/2015 9:57:17 PM, YYW wrote:

Of course I did, and of course she rolled her eyes.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 9:59:56 PM
At 5/8/2015 9:59:22 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 5/8/2015 9:57:17 PM, YYW wrote:

Of course I did, and of course she rolled her eyes.

lulz
Tsar of DDO
Rubikx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2015 10:11:48 AM
At 5/8/2015 6:57:19 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

I got an idea!! Solve Rubik's Cubes! ;)

Lol I did that for a long time. 2x2 to 5x5 and solved a 3x3 in 16 seconds... so i'm looking for something else.
Rubikx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2015 10:14:03 AM
At 5/8/2015 9:28:47 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

Write a book.

I've actually have (what i think) is a good idea for a story, I'm just not that good at writing.
Philocat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2015 10:24:27 AM
Battle reenactment? I would recommend either viking or medieval, dependent on money and fitness level.
Rubikx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2015 10:35:03 AM
At 5/9/2015 10:24:27 AM, Philocat wrote:
Battle reenactment? I would recommend either viking or medieval, dependent on money and fitness level.

well i'm poor and don't exercise...
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2015 1:38:26 PM
At 5/9/2015 10:14:03 AM, Rubikx wrote:

Write a book.

I've actually have (what i think) is a good idea for a story, I'm just not that good at writing.

It doesn't matter if you're good or not. How do you think people become good writers? They keep on writing. If you have a good idea, then act on it. Like it or don't, you could always make a revised version that's better than ever once you feel you've become a better writer. And if you're still worried, then note that 50 Shades of Grey was a best seller, considered to have one of the "worst writing" in this generation. Let that sink in.

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2015 2:19:47 PM
At 5/9/2015 10:35:03 AM, Rubikx wrote:
At 5/9/2015 10:24:27 AM, Philocat wrote:

well i'm poor and don't exercise...

Then reenact WW2 and be on the Canadian side.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 4:57:02 AM

Debate so much you get on the front page of the debating leaderboard. While you're at it, find out how the uncertainty in energy can ensure a violation of energy conservation. Also, learn another programming language.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 5:51:11 AM
At 5/9/2015 1:38:26 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

Write a book.

It doesn't matter if you're good or not. How do you think people become good writers? They keep on writing. If you have a good idea, then act on it. Like it or don't, you could always make a revised version that's better than ever once you feel you've become a better writer. And if you're still worried, then note that 50 Shades of Grey was a best seller, considered to have one of the "worst writing" in this generation. Let that sink in.

I'd much rather be unknown than reach that level of notoriety, LOL. A lot of geniuses get no recognition until death, and a lot of once popular artists sank quickly into obscurity after death. Only a few (Jack London, for example) get the best of both worlds.
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:

Response to conservative views on deforestation:

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 1:17:48 PM
At 5/10/2015 5:51:11 AM, Diqiucun_Cunmin wrote:
At 5/9/2015 1:38:26 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

Write a book.

I'd much rather be unknown than reach that level of notoriety, LOL. A lot of geniuses get no recognition until death, and a lot of once popular artists sank quickly into obscurity after death. Only a few (Jack London, for example) get the best of both worlds.

He doesn't have to publish it, he was just asking for a hobby.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 1:31:35 PM

Go to instructables.com and find something that you like, then make it
I bet fanfics are already being posted on random blogs about us.-Vaarka

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

All hail the great and mighty Butters, who died for our inactive cause.-Vaarka

fuckith offith, lol.-Ore(talking to me)

And guess what happened to FT? He got raped to death.-Xlav

You are so obviously town I love you man.-VOT