Jump to topic:

Procrastination...

ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 4:49:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
So much to do, but so little time. I probably shouldn't be on DDO, to be perfectly honest..

Any advice?
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 5:09:41 PM
At 5/8/2015 4:49:34 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
So much to do, but so little time. I probably shouldn't be on DDO, to be perfectly honest..

Any advice?

Trade passwords with me. So we'll both stay off D:
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 5:11:55 PM

Any advice?

take your own advice
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 5:16:47 PM
At 5/8/2015 5:11:55 PM, sadolite wrote:

Any advice?

take your own advice

Clearly it's easier said than done, hence this thread.

DDO's Economics Messiah
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 5:17:42 PM
At 5/8/2015 5:09:41 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Any advice?

Awesome.

Here's my account info:

E-mail: EnnieandJoey4life<3@g mail.com

Password: <3Endark

DDO's Economics Messiah
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 5:22:35 PM
At 5/8/2015 5:16:47 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

Any advice?

take your own advice

You can only lead a horse to water....................
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 5:24:09 PM
At 5/8/2015 5:22:35 PM, sadolite wrote:

Any advice?

take your own advice

I agree, but the point of the thread is to assess strategies for how to avoid the temptation of DDO. For instance, I can't describe in words the extent to which I'd rather respond to you on DDO than write my term paper. I'm sure plenty of others have the same problem. But step one is acknowledging that there's a problem; step two is dealing with it.

DDO's Economics Messiah
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 5:55:22 PM
Uhm, I can never get myself off a DDO like I try to work on my report and stay on DDO at the same time, and I work on it and 2 hours go by...and ive only written 10 words.. lol

So then I just leave my laptop in one room and go in the other.
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Nac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 6:18:27 PM

Any advice?

https://www.youtube.com... Her voice and charisma sometimes grow grating for me, but the tips are pretty well thought out.
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 6:30:01 PM

Any advice?

I know how it feels. Last night, I waited until 1-1:30 a.m. to start my math and humanities homework.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 7:11:57 PM
At 5/8/2015 5:24:09 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

Any advice?

take your own advice

I agree, but the point of the thread is to assess strategies for how to avoid the temptation of DDO. For instance, I can't describe in words the extent to which I'd rather respond to you on DDO than write my term paper. I'm sure plenty of others have the same problem. But step one is acknowledging that there's a problem; step two is dealing with it.

There are no strategies. Just get off your arse and do what needs done. Don't be a wus, be a man. That's what men do. Get what needs to be done,done. Wussies procrastinate. How about that? Do you want everyone to think you are a whiny wus? Then do what needs to be done.

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 7:14:18 PM
At 5/8/2015 7:11:57 PM, sadolite wrote:

Any advice?

take your own advice

There are no strategies. Just get off your arse and do what needs done. Don't be a wus, be a man. That's what men do. Get what needs to be done,done. Wussies procrastinate. How about that? Do you want everyone to think you are a whiny wus? Then do what needs to be done.

This is what my father would say to me but more rudely. I am being polite.

ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 7:16:34 PM

Any advice?

take your own advice

Lol.

I don't know of anyone who actually knows me who would call me a "wus," nor do I think the label could ever be warranted by virtue of a penchant toward procrastinating.

What's funny, also, is nowhere, in this thread or elsewhere, did I "whine," though I can't say I would expect better reading comprehension from you.

DDO's Economics Messiah
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 7:32:58 PM

Any advice?

There is no advice. You are a procrastinator, mostly because your subconscious knows that you're smart enough to finish whatever task at the last minute and still get an acceptable score. No matter how hard you try to convince yourself that you need to get the work done early, it'll never change, because your subconscious knows better. It knows that you can do it with only an hour to spare, and it says F-YOU to your consciousness because your consciousness is simply suffering from doubt.

Stop doubting your true power. Accept that you are awesome enough to procrastinate and still get better scores than people who actually try, and just bask in your godliness. Society wants to break you down, make you think that you have to do the same thing as everyone else, but you don't. You're better than most, and with that betterness comes a subconscious will that never allows you to do things that don't have to necessarily be done just yet.

Change your perspective from thinking procrastination is a bad thing, it's not, unless you're dumb, but you're not, so stop stressing, because no matter what - you'll have that paper done if you wanna graduate, and you do, so your subconscious will make sure you get it done, but only when you truly need to get it done - not when you want to get it done.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 7:40:13 PM
At 5/8/2015 7:32:58 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Any advice?

There is no advice. You are a procrastinator, mostly because your subconscious knows that you're smart enough to finish whatever task at the last minute and still get an acceptable score. No matter how hard you try to convince yourself that you need to get the work done early, it'll never change, because your subconscious knows better. It knows that you can do it with only an hour to spare, and it says F-YOU to your consciousness because your consciousness is simply suffering from doubt.

Stop doubting your true power. Accept that you are awesome enough to procrastinate and still get better scores than people who actually try, and just bask in your godliness. Society wants to break you down, make you think that you have to do the same thing as everyone else, but you don't. You're better than most, and with that betterness comes a subconscious will that never allows you to do things that don't have to necessarily be done just yet.

Change your perspective from thinking procrastination is a bad thing, it's not, unless you're dumb, but you're not, so stop stressing, because no matter what - you'll have that paper done if you wanna graduate, and you do, so your subconscious will make sure you get it done, but only when you truly need to get it done - not when you want to get it done.

I feel so much better about procrastinating now. This also explains... a lot... about me, at least.
Tsar of DDO
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 10:04:09 PM
At 5/8/2015 7:16:34 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

Any advice?

take your own advice

Lol.

I don't know of anyone who actually knows me who would call me a "wus," nor do I think the label could ever be warranted by virtue of a penchant toward procrastinating.

What's funny, also, is nowhere, in this thread or elsewhere, did I "whine," though I can't say I would expect better reading comprehension from you.

Sounds like whining to me. "How do I pay attention and do what I am supposed to do." pretty pathetic if you ask me. I like how you try to redirect and make your procrastination about me. It's all about you and your refusal to take responsibility and use the lame excuse of I can't stay away from DDO. I call it like I see it and that's what I see. Excuses to shirk responsibility.

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 10:07:00 PM
At 5/8/2015 10:04:09 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 5/8/2015 7:16:34 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

Any advice?

take your own advice

Lol.

Sounds like whining to me. "How do I pay attention and do what I am supposed to do." pretty pathetic if you ask me. I like how you try to redirect and make your procrastination about me. It's all about you and your refusal to take responsibility and use the lame excuse of I can't stay away from DDO. I call it like I see it and that's what I see. Excuses to shirk responsibility.

You are either going to do what is expected of you or you are not. If you don't then your character will suffer and it will be seen by all who are affected.

ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 10:07:09 PM
At 5/8/2015 10:04:09 PM, sadolite wrote:
Sounds like whining to me. "How do I pay attention and do what I am supposed to do." pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Where's the whining? It was a mere observation, and reaching out to the community for advice, acknowledging that others likely have gone through similar bouts of procrastination; I don't think you know what "procrastination" means.

I like how you try to redirect and make your procrastination about me.

Nope, you just made that up entirely. I never once did that.

It's all about you and your refusal to take responsibility and use the lame excuse of I can't stay away from DDO.

When did I say ANYTHING about not taking responsibility?

You're the one intentionally and needlessly instigating conflict.

I call it like I see it and that's what I see. Excuses to shirk responsibility.

I don't doubt that you see X, though that doesn't afford X any credibility. In fact, coming from you, it affords it less credibility given your history.

DDO's Economics Messiah
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 10:07:42 PM

Any advice?

take your own advice

You can force it to drink by tossing it into water that is 20 feet deep. It will resist drinking at first, but eventually drinking will be forced upon it.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 10:08:24 PM
At 5/8/2015 10:07:00 PM, sadolite wrote:
You are either going to do what is expected of you or you are not. If you don't then your character will suffer and it will be seen by all who are affected.

How does this have anything to do with my character? You don't know me, so it's best you not be so gratuitously presumptuous.

DDO's Economics Messiah
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 10:09:25 PM
At 5/8/2015 5:17:42 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

Any advice?

Awesome.

Here's my account info:

Hey, no it's not!
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 10:09:42 PM
At 5/8/2015 10:07:42 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Any advice?

take your own advice

You can force it to drink by tossing it into water that is 20 feet deep. It will resist drinking at first, but eventually drinking will be forced upon it.

Actually it isn't drinking at all it is inhaling water into it's lungs (Drowning)

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 10:10:15 PM
At 5/8/2015 10:09:42 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 5/8/2015 10:07:42 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Any advice?

take your own advice

Actually it isn't drinking at all it is inhaling water into it's lungs (Drowning)

Same difference. I'm sure if you cut it open, some water will be in the stomach.
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 10:10:30 PM
At 5/8/2015 10:09:25 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Any advice?

Awesome.

Here's my account info:

Hey, no it's not!

Lol, fine, you got me!

Here's the correct one:

Email: VTLOre@g mail.com

Pass: PinkiePieisthebestpony

DDO's Economics Messiah
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 10:10:32 PM
At 5/8/2015 10:08:24 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

How does this have anything to do with my character? You don't know me, so it's best you not be so gratuitously presumptuous.

Are you going to live up to your responsibility or aren't you?

ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 10:11:14 PM
At 5/8/2015 10:10:32 PM, sadolite wrote:

Of course I am; nowhere did I ever suggest that I wouldn't.

Once more, you should stop being so damned presumptuous.

DDO's Economics Messiah
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 10:12:33 PM
At 5/8/2015 10:11:14 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

Then why make the thread?

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 10:12:49 PM
At 5/8/2015 10:10:30 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

Any advice?

Awesome.

Here's my account info:

Hey, no it's not!

Lol, fine, you got me!

Here's the correct one:

I went to create a "VTLOre@g mail.com" account and someone has already taken that email... I blame you!
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 10:14:34 PM
At 5/8/2015 10:12:33 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 5/8/2015 10:11:14 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

Then why make the thread?

I just answered this question in an earlier reply to you: "reaching out to the community for advice, acknowledging that others likely have gone through similar bouts of procrastination." [http://www.debate.org...]

DDO's Economics Messiah
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 10:15:18 PM
At 5/8/2015 10:12:49 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 5/8/2015 10:10:30 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

Any advice?

Awesome.

Here's my account info:

Hey, no it's not!

Lol, fine, you got me!

Here's the correct one:

I went to create a "VTLOre@g mail.com" account and someone has already taken that email... I blame you!

Lol, yup! That's what you get for designating... pffft... Apple Jack as the best pony.

Actually, was it Flutter Shy? I can't remember.

DDO's Economics Messiah