Jump to topic:

Espresso...

ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 7:02:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
It's a crutch for me, to be perfectly honest. This isn't to say that I *can't* function without it, but I'm far less aware and productive. That may have something or other to do with inadequate sleep.

Does anyone know of any alternatives, or am I doomed to binge-drink espresso for the remainder of my pathetic, lonely days?
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 7:42:01 AM
At 5/11/2015 7:02:32 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
It's a crutch for me, to be perfectly honest. This isn't to say that I *can't* function without it, but I'm far less aware and productive. That may have something or other to do with inadequate sleep.

Does anyone know of any alternatives, or am I doomed to binge-drink espresso for the remainder of my pathetic, lonely days?

Coffee doesn't really affect me. I think what you really need is to transition to something else. For me I love me some Root Beer. What I could do for you is get you some MRE coffee and you'll never be able to drink coffee or Espresso ever again after that.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 8:08:00 AM
i don't drink coffee i don't like it and it doesn't affect my system well
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 8:50:29 AM
EWWWW coffee bleh
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 8:50:50 AM

get off :P
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 9:09:48 AM
At 5/11/2015 7:42:01 AM, lannan13 wrote:

Coffee doesn't really affect me. I think what you really need is to transition to something else. For me I love me some Root Beer. What I could do for you is get you some MRE coffee and you'll never be able to drink coffee or Espresso ever again after that.

Root Beer is great
I bet fanfics are already being posted on random blogs about us.-Vaarka

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

All hail the great and mighty Butters, who died for our inactive cause.-Vaarka

fuckith offith, lol.-Ore(talking to me)

And guess what happened to FT? He got raped to death.-Xlav

You are so obviously town I love you man.-VOT
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 11:06:50 AM

It might also have something to do with moderate caffeine dependence. Most people start drinking coffee pretty soon after they wake up, and they continue to do so throughout the day. It's got an average half-life of 5 hours, so it makes sense that people would want to redose with some frequency given to maintain or intensify the buzz (since caffeine stimulation scales pretty well). Problem is, though, that, in the process of habituating yourself in such a way, you substitute caffeine for the natural bursts of things like cortisol and norepinephrine which are usually responsible for jolting you from grogginess in the morning. More problematic is that, for many people who drink coffee frequently throughout the day, actually getting to sleep is troublesome. With residual stimulant still pumping around, your body is pretty disinclined to produce terribly much melatonin, a crucial hormone in the regulation of your circadian rhythm (so, when you feel extra sleepy in the morning, what do you do? Coffee!). So, as you become habituated to moderate or high caffeine intake, you deprive yourself of get-up chemicals in the morning, go-to-bed chemicals at night, and lower quality of sleep once you've actually gotten settled in for the night.

Also, caffeine is a pretty potent diuretic, so it wouldn't surprise me if the resultant dehydration plays some kind of role in feeling out of juice.
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 11:45:29 AM

Apple juice..
Or a Monster, though they can be bad for your inside's forget that..Gatorade should probably work as well..
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 12:41:56 PM
At 5/11/2015 11:45:29 AM, Lee001 wrote:

Apple juice..
Or a Monster, though they can be bad for your inside's forget that..Gatorade should probably work as well..

gatorade is just flavored salt water, seriously look at a bottle and you'll see
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 12:44:08 PM
At 5/11/2015 12:41:56 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

Apple juice..

Dude, no it's not. My weight training coach tells us to drink it after practice.
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 12:45:43 PM
At 5/11/2015 12:44:08 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 5/11/2015 12:41:56 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

Apple juice..

Dude, no it's not. My weight training coach tells us to drink it after practice.

My chemistry teacher tells us its colored salt water. I looked Its literally just salt water with a kind of coloring. I will type up the ingredients for gatorade if i have to
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 1:06:30 PM

Caffeine can be addictive, so there's a chance if you cut it off you may resort back to a normal self where your functioning will not be impaired without an espresso. I personally don't drink anything with caffeine in it, and I function fine.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 2:22:22 PM

Are you functioning fine on coffee? If so, I don't see the problem.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz

"No aspect of your facial structure suggests Filipino descent."
~ YYW
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2015 5:47:26 PM
At 5/11/2015 9:09:48 AM, ButterCatX wrote:

Root Beer is great

Yes, yes it is.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2015 5:55:51 PM

I don't drink espresso... at least not usually. Just black coffee. Both, though, are healthier than almost all of the alternatives.
Tsar of DDO
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2015 5:58:54 PM
At 5/12/2015 5:55:51 PM, YYW wrote:

I don't drink espresso... at least not usually. Just black coffee. Both, though, are healthier than almost all of the alternatives.

I don't think I could ever drink it black. I usually use gobs of cream, lol.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2015 6:00:48 PM
At 5/12/2015 5:58:54 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

Uncultured savage.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz

"No aspect of your facial structure suggests Filipino descent."
~ YYW
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2015 6:00:49 PM
At 5/12/2015 5:58:54 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

Yeah... I think a lot of people do. Really, the way to be able to drink black coffee is to get really good quality coffee. It should have a nutty/smooth consistency.

But, I don't really do dairy other than cheese and yogurt.
Tsar of DDO
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2015 6:05:09 PM
At 5/12/2015 5:47:26 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/11/2015 9:09:48 AM, ButterCatX wrote:

Root Beer is great

Yes, yes it is.

Have you ever had Appalachian Brewing Company Root Beer? It is one of the best ones I have ever had
I bet fanfics are already being posted on random blogs about us.-Vaarka

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

All hail the great and mighty Butters, who died for our inactive cause.-Vaarka

fuckith offith, lol.-Ore(talking to me)

And guess what happened to FT? He got raped to death.-Xlav

You are so obviously town I love you man.-VOT