Jump to topic:

I need to rant

ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 6:31:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
If there's one thing that truly grinds my gears, it's audacity in the face of cowardice: people who passive-aggressively attack others, in lieu of an explicit call out, or mutter things under their breath - calibrated such that it has some impact, though withdrawn insofar that one can plead innocent thereafter, upon being called on such behavior.

It's utterly detestable, and I haven't any respect for anyone who does it. If you have an issue - with me or with anyone (though I will note that this is *not* directed toward any particular individual or individuals, nor does it even directly concern me) - have the courage of your convictions to be forthright. Otherwise, you're nothing more than a contemptible coward who wants to have your cake and also eat it. You're undeserving of respect, and should be rebuked forcefully and met with brute condemnation.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 10:55:51 AM
You should probably name who you are talking about, right?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 11:34:46 AM
At 5/14/2015 10:55:51 AM, Maikuru wrote:

If I were attacking or even directly addressing someone, yes, but I took care to note that I wasn't.

DDO's Economics Messiah
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 12:53:52 PM
At 5/14/2015 6:31:52 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
If there's one thing that truly grinds my gears, it's audacity in the face of cowardice: people who passive-aggressively attack others, in lieu of an explicit call out, or mutter things under their breath - calibrated such that it has some impact, though withdrawn insofar that one can plead innocent thereafter, upon being called on such behavior.

It's utterly detestable, and I haven't any respect for anyone who does it. If you have an issue - with me or with anyone (though I will note that this is *not* directed toward any particular individual or individuals, nor does it even directly concern me) - have the courage of your convictions to be forthright. Otherwise, you're nothing more than a contemptible coward who wants to have your cake and also eat it. You're undeserving of respect, and should be rebuked forcefully and met with brute condemnation.

I don't want to have my cake and also eat it.

I will have my cake and also eat it.

http://cdn.yourepeat.com...
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 3:17:37 PM
At 5/14/2015 11:34:46 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

If I were attacking or even directly addressing someone, yes, but I took care to note that I wasn't.

I could guess a few people...but I'm not.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 3:39:06 PM
At 5/14/2015 12:53:52 PM, RevNge wrote:

lol

DDO's Economics Messiah
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 3:41:41 PM
At 5/14/2015 3:17:37 PM, lannan13 wrote:

It was a generalized rant, rather than a targeted attack - because, obviously, if I were targeting one person in particular, I would make clear upon whom my attack was levied. A few people have certainly done this, and if you really wanted to get into the nuts and bolts, you *could* apply it to them ex post facto, but that wasn't my intention. If I were to directly condemn someone's actions, (a) I wouldn't do it publicly, because I'm not an arshole, and (b) I would be direct, because I haven't any reason to fear anyone, on DDO or otherwise, and that's the crucial demarcation that is critical to lay out in this thread. Online anonymity affords us this veil whereby we *think* we can say and do whatever we want - or at least some do - but that simply isn't the case, nor will I stand idly by and allow it to become the case.

DDO's Economics Messiah
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 3:59:35 PM
At 5/14/2015 3:41:41 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 5/14/2015 3:17:37 PM, lannan13 wrote:

It was a generalized rant, rather than a targeted attack - because, obviously, if I were targeting one person in particular, I would make clear upon whom my attack was levied. A few people have certainly done this, and if you really wanted to get into the nuts and bolts, you *could* apply it to them ex post facto, but that wasn't my intention. If I were to directly condemn someone's actions, (a) I wouldn't do it publicly, because I'm not an arshole, and (b) I would be direct, because I haven't any reason to fear anyone, on DDO or otherwise, and that's the crucial demarcation that is critical to lay out in this thread. Online anonymity affords us this veil whereby we *think* we can say and do whatever we want - or at least some do - but that simply isn't the case, nor will I stand idly by and allow it to become the case.

Alright fair enough.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 4:05:36 PM
Unless you're committing the horrible crime of cake burglary, I'm pretty sure you can have cake and eat it.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 4:07:49 PM
At 5/14/2015 4:05:36 PM, Zaradi wrote:
Unless you're committing the horrible crime of cake burglary, I'm pretty sure you can have cake and eat it.

If you eat it, you no longer have it - it gets flushed down your bowels and pushed out the shoot. I guess if you're constipated or something you can have it for slightly longer, but eventually we know where it all goes.

Yup, admit it: I just increased your suffering five-fold (or you laughed at it...because you're weird like that).

DDO's Economics Messiah
Varrack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 4:08:20 PM

I thought this was going to be about econ..
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 4:09:13 PM
At 5/14/2015 4:08:20 PM, Varrack wrote:

I thought this was going to be about econ..

Lmfao.

I just ranted about econ, man.. I keep those confined to the econ forum, which I revitalized two days ago with a wonderful list of projections.

Here, check it out: http://www.debate.org...

DDO's Economics Messiah
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 4:22:56 PM

Yeah...passive-aggressive behavior can be truly loathosme and infuriating.

And it is all too common, I am afraid. I find it especially so in the workplace. Which is, when you think about it, a perfect atmosphere for it, since "in your face" retaliation or aggression is frowned upon.

Not to sound like a misogynist, but my experience has been that many women are egregiously afflicted with the tendency to apply passive-aggressive tactics on folks they come in conflict with.

Again...makes sense, eh? Weaker sex, physically speaking. So why risk direct confrontation?

And Sociopaths can be masters, nee....artists! At "P/A" tactics! Smile in your face why they screw you royally from behind the scenes. Of course, these guys just usually have a head full of bad wiring, so they are hard to deal with anyway.

And sadly (scarily?) there are far more of them about than most people realize. The stats say about two or three in a hundred, but I believe it to be higher.

Much higher.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 4:26:13 PM
At 5/14/2015 4:22:56 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

Yeah...passive-aggressive behavior can be truly loathosme and infuriating.

And it is all too common, I am afraid. I find it especially so in the workplace. Which is, when you think about it, a perfect atmosphere for it, since "in your face" retaliation or aggression is frowned upon.

Not to sound like a misogynist, but my experience has been that many women are egregiously afflicted with the tendency to apply passive-aggressive tactics on folks they come in conflict with.

Again...makes sense, eh? Weaker sex, physically speaking. So why risk direct confrontation?

And Sociopaths can be masters, nee....artists! At "P/A" tactics! Smile in your face why they screw you royally from behind the scenes. Of course, these guys just usually have a head full of bad wiring, so they are hard to deal with anyway.

And sadly (scarily?) there are far more of them about than most people realize. The stats say about two or three in a hundred, but I believe it to be higher.

Much higher.

I don't know if it's more common amongst women. In fact, I'd go so far as to say, if anything - and, mind you, my inclination is to discard sex from the equation entirely - that it may be more common amongst men because it induces some false sense of power they can lord over others.

DDO's Economics Messiah
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 6:31:09 PM
At 5/14/2015 12:53:52 PM, RevNge wrote:

Cake is fattening.
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3