Jump to topic:

Kids Games

mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2015 8:16:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'm planning a camp for 3-5 year olds and I'm trying to think of crafts and games for them. What are some games/crafts you liked at that age or you've seen kids like?
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2015 8:38:39 PM
At 5/15/2015 8:16:09 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
I'm planning a camp for 3-5 year olds and I'm trying to think of crafts and games for them. What are some games/crafts you liked at that age or you've seen kids like?

TV
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2015 8:42:56 PM
At 5/15/2015 8:38:39 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

TV

Not gonna work. Emphasis on CRAFTS or GAMES.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
iDaire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 1:10:48 AM
At 5/15/2015 8:42:56 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 5/15/2015 8:38:39 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

TV

Not gonna work. Emphasis on CRAFTS or GAMES.
Play Simon Says.
Or Red Light Green Light.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 4:51:46 AM

Candyland was always popular, Chutes and Ladders, Pickup-stix, Connect 4, hopscotch and jump rope. Bingo. Generic "Story Time" works. Popcicle stick bird houses, just make sure the glue you use is easy to wash off fingers. It goes by many names but "Memory" was what I remember it as, where you have pairs of pictures on cards face down, you then pick cards, each pair you "remember" after so many turns is a point. Make-your-own sock puppet. Pipe-cleaner critters.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 7:30:37 AM

Craft: Whirly-birds

Game: duck-duck-goose.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 8:57:29 AM
At 5/16/2015 7:30:37 AM, Zarroette wrote:

I remember trying to play goose-goose-duck. :3
DarthKirones
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 9:11:09 AM
This may be a little advanced, but you could make Fortune-Makers.
"I am not religious. I am a genius. I have the Universe in my hands."
-Aerogant

"Of course a jewish baby cannibalizing a jewish mommy is fine"
-Heil being retarded

"Eradicating the baby scourge from our midsts is most certainly fun. And I am proud to be your hero. Babies tremble then they hear my name.. Airmax, the hero of baby annihilation."
-Airmax
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 9:30:44 AM

I helped out at a day care once with a bunch of little four and five year olds. They seemed to like the "wolf" game a lot. Basically you count to three and turn your back while people sneak up on you. Then you turn around and everyone has to freeze, the one who moves loses. If you get touched, they win the game.

Another game they seemed to like more than anything was playing soccer. But if that's too rough, you can try tag. But you can try the creative version where you touch someone and they have to freeze. Someone else must touch that person to release them. You have to freeze as many people as possible.

That's all I got.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 11:49:21 AM
At 5/16/2015 11:44:21 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Mafia.

is a waste of time, as we all well know.

Duck-duck-lynch is a good idea, though (or its bastardized stepchild, "Duck-duck-dayvig.")
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 2:06:35 PM

I work with kids afterschool 2 days a week so i have a whole slew of stuff you could use
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 5:17:11 PM
At 5/16/2015 8:57:29 AM, RevNge wrote:

Yep, just like yesterday, because it was yesterday, as you thought "I'm 13 now. Maybe I will finally understand this game. All I have to do is try!"

Keep trying, little boy.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 6:13:12 PM
At 5/16/2015 9:30:44 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

I helped out at a day care once with a bunch of little four and five year olds. They seemed to like the "wolf" game a lot. Basically you count to three and turn your back while people sneak up on you. Then you turn around and everyone has to freeze, the one who moves loses. If you get touched, they win the game.

I like that idea

Another game they seemed to like more than anything was playing soccer. But if that's too rough, you can try tag. But you can try the creative version where you touch someone and they have to freeze. Someone else must touch that person to release them. You have to freeze as many people as possible.

That's all I got.

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 10:15:14 PM
At 5/16/2015 5:17:11 PM, Zarroette wrote:
At 5/16/2015 8:57:29 AM, RevNge wrote:

Yep, just like yesterday, because it was yesterday, as you thought "I'm 13 now. Maybe I will finally understand this game. All I have to do is try!"

Keep trying, little boy.

No, it's just that I tagged everyone as goose except for the last guy, who pretty much just sat there, lol. I think it was at a camp a year or two ago.
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 10:36:38 PM
I'm planning a camp for 3-5 year olds and I'm trying to think of crafts and games for them. (...)

1. Tag( running around with one person trying to tag another person. That person must chase others and try to tag them). ( A large field is required).
2. Hide and seek(a place with hiding places)
3. Musical chairs.
4. A good game of Boxing.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
kaleidosc0pe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2015 10:59:15 AM
Join Pinterest. It has a whole host of stuff regarding children's activities, crafts, games, gifts, etc. I have included a link just below of my "Children's Activities" board.

(It may not work as Pinterest is a mostly private website, but I can email you a link so you can join as it is invitation only.)

I hope this helps. (:

https://uk.pinterest.com...