Jump to topic:

California

ConnorSween16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2015 12:05:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I have the option to move to California with my family in the next month or so. We're looking into the Carlsbad, Encinitas area, or really anywhere close to a beach. I want to know what you guys know about california, good and bad. Whether you would recommend it or not. I have heard both good and bad things about it depending on the location. I want to know about the area, whether its nice and how many gangs and whatnot there are. I want to know if this is a good place to grow as a person. I currently live in Pennsylvania so its a pretty huge move and I'm a little nervous.
ConnorSween16
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2015 1:32:48 PM
At 5/28/2015 12:05:20 PM, ConnorSween16 wrote:
I have the option to move to California with my family in the next month or so. We're looking into the Carlsbad, Encinitas area, or really anywhere close to a beach. I want to know what you guys know about california, good and bad. Whether you would recommend it or not. I have heard both good and bad things about it depending on the location. I want to know about the area, whether its nice and how many gangs and whatnot there are. I want to know if this is a good place to grow as a person. I currently live in Pennsylvania so its a pretty huge move and I'm a little nervous.

Depends on the kind of person you are.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2015 1:36:00 PM
California is amazing. I was born and raised in Texas but both my parents came from California and all my family still lives there so I've spent a lot of time in the state, and it's got to be one of the best. I wouldn't worry about the move, especially if you're thinking of somewhere close to the beach...I'm jealous in fact
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2015 1:37:08 PM
I live in California. I love it. But I must say, California is a liberal state.
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2015 4:08:04 PM
At 5/28/2015 1:37:08 PM, Lee001 wrote:

"California is a liberal state."

Understatement of the year, it's also bankrupt
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2015 4:11:03 PM
At 5/28/2015 4:08:04 PM, sadolite wrote:

You think? lol
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2015 4:12:24 PM
At 5/28/2015 4:11:03 PM, Lee001 wrote:

You think? lol

It's going to start looking like Detroit in about ten years
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2015 4:23:42 PM
At 5/28/2015 4:12:24 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 5/28/2015 4:11:03 PM, Lee001 wrote:

You think? lol

It's going to start looking like Detroit in about ten years

Yep, all that redistribution.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
UndeniableReality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 7:32:37 PM

I haven't seen much of California, but if you have a chance to visit UCLA, it's a beautiful campus.
Death23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2015 12:12:31 AM
I'd pay pretty close attention to the railroad tracks if you're planning on being near the beach between OC & SD. The tracks aren't far from the ocean. Freight runs on those rails at night and commuter rail by day. The trains have to use their horns when approaching certain crossings. It's loud.

The gangs are more centered around Oceanside. Carlsbad is just south of that. Encinitas is a newer place. I haven't heard of any gang activity there. Pretty waspy.
Kyle_the_Heretic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2015 1:09:25 AM

I lived in California off and on for 44 years before I finally escaped. I grew up in Los Angeles county, (Inglewood, Hawthorne, Redondo Beach, Torrance, and then moved up north to Santa Maria for 17 years.

It got too crowded and noisy for me. The cost of living and taxes were getting kind of ugly too. But I was the only one among my family and friends who left. They all love it there (both in L.A. county and Santa Barbara county).

I moved out 13 years ago, and haven't returned, and probably never will. The beach was nice while I was young--I practically lived on the sand, I was there so much--but now I love my mountains.

If you can get past the smog, the weather is fantastic. Gangs can be a problem, but mostly leave you alone, unless you're in a rival gang.

It's a whole different culture from Pennsylvania, (I spent a number of years in south, central, and southern states. I also lived in England and Mexico, and I got used to those two countries a lot faster than I got used to New Jersey.

If you move there, expect to be a fish out of water for a while. If you find yourself unhappy there, give it at least three months before you give up.
Thinking is extremely taxing on the gullible, and it takes hours to clear the smoke.
Kyle_the_Heretic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2015 1:23:12 AM
At 5/31/2015 1:09:25 AM, Kyle_the_Heretic wrote:

...south, central, and eastern states...
Thinking is extremely taxing on the gullible, and it takes hours to clear the smoke.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 5:33:41 PM
I grew-up in California. Born and raised in SoCal...around the San Fernando area, and then I did my teens and high school in Central Cali..the Silicon Valley area: from San Jose to Palo Alto.

And after the military I lived in Santa Cruz/Capitola for a couple years. A truly gorgeous area, right across the Bay from Monterrey/Carmel. It was my favorite place I ever lived.
(Where I currently live--Prescott, AZ--is my 2nd favorite!

So..yeah. Cali. I have a love/hate thing going on with it these days. My ex's parents had a condo in Oceanside--right next to your Carlsbad--that we used to vacay at a few times a year.

You need to go visit before you move. The good: gorgeous geography; the ocean; the beach; awesome weather; mild winters; lots or recreation; culture. And the diversity of the state. Where you have everything from desert to forest to cities to mountains to over-populated to seclusion.

The bad: mucho dinero, amigo. The cost of living and real estate prices can be off the charts. Can you afford it? I would never recommend moving there "cold" witout a job or a residency lined-up. Not unless you had a sizeable nest egg that you could live off of for at least a year.

How do you feel about minorities? Illegal aliens? Welfare states? Crazy bad drivers and traffic? Taxation out the bung-hole? You will find all of that in the Golden State.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.