Jump to topic:

Fiction

Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2015 8:38:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hey, so, I've got this book that I'm working on, and there is a snippet I've selected that I was hoping to get some feedback on. I can't judge my own writing style terribly well (except with respect to internal stylistic consistency), so, if anyone would be interested in reading about 5 pages/2,000 words, let me know. As a warning, it's very NSFW, so readers would preferably be possessed of relatively little sensitivity to explicit content.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2015 8:45:11 PM
I would help, but unfortunately, I've still got a lot to read on my plate.

You could ask bsh and Endark, but I think they might be busy too.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2015 9:28:11 PM
At 5/30/2015 8:38:22 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
Hey, so, I've got this book that I'm working on, and there is a snippet I've selected that I was hoping to get some feedback on. I can't judge my own writing style terribly well (except with respect to internal stylistic consistency), so, if anyone would be interested in reading about 5 pages/2,000 words, let me know. As a warning, it's very NSFW, so readers would preferably be possessed of relatively little sensitivity to explicit content.

Send it to me in a PM. I'd be happy to offer feedback when I can get around to it.
Debate.org Moderator
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2015 9:40:28 PM

Define "very".
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2015 9:45:51 PM

with finals i can probably read it, i'm already studied up for all my tests
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2015 12:27:01 AM

I'd be happy to read it if you wanted. Did you want it copy edited, too?
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2015 12:45:05 AM

I'd like to see it.
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2015 1:24:05 AM

Send me a PM.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2015 2:20:57 AM

I can check it out sometime over the next week.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -