Total Posts:64|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why do Men Need Women in their Lives?

Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 1:35:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Because we are superior, without women, men wouldn't survive.
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 1:53:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/1/2015 1:35:54 PM, Lee001 wrote:
Because we are superior, without women, men wouldn't survive.

Sex.
kasmic
Posts: 1,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 1:54:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/1/2015 1:35:54 PM, Lee001 wrote:
Because we are superior, without women, men wouldn't survive.

"It is not good for man to be alone...."
"Liberalism Defined" http://www.debate.org...
"The Social Contract" http://www.debate.org...
"Intro to IR An Open Discussion" http://www.debate.org...

Check out my website, the Sensible Soapbox http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
My latest article: http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 2:02:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/1/2015 1:53:09 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/1/2015 1:35:54 PM, Lee001 wrote:
Because we are superior, without women, men wouldn't survive.

Sex.

But 2 guys can have sex :p
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Anna08
Posts: 42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 2:05:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/1/2015 1:54:27 PM, kasmic wrote:
At 6/1/2015 1:35:54 PM, Lee001 wrote:
Because we are superior, without women, men wouldn't survive.

"It is not good for man to be alone...."

Lets get two men then. :P
Anna08
Posts: 42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 2:07:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/1/2015 1:35:54 PM, Lee001 wrote:
Because we are superior, without women, men wouldn't survive.

I think without women the human race won't even exist. lol
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 2:09:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/1/2015 1:35:54 PM, Lee001 wrote:
Because we are superior, without women, men wouldn't survive.

I agree to a certain extent. Women have a civilizing effect on men. Wit hour women we'd try to walk off a broken leg and physically attack people for sleighting us, and women have a habit of preventing us from going overboard.
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 2:09:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/1/2015 2:07:10 PM, Anna08 wrote:
At 6/1/2015 1:35:54 PM, Lee001 wrote:
Because we are superior, without women, men wouldn't survive.

I think without women the human race won't even exist. lol

in this evolutionary scenario yes. but lets say the evolutionary roles were reverse or the whole thing was completely different. Thats why that idea is kind of out the window.
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 2:17:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/1/2015 1:35:54 PM, Lee001 wrote:
Because we are superior, without women, men wouldn't survive.

even though i'm pretty sure you're kidding, I have to say that the superiority idea, joking or not, is illogical. And I mean that in every way shape and form. No gender, race, or other disposition is superior over the other. Which is why I say it goes both ways, women and men both need each other, and neither would survive without the other.

It goes back to the whole yin and yang thing. The two feed off of and depend on each other to survive and exist. I feel that once we reach a state of true gender and racial equality that we should keep that balance. Thats my one issue with a lot of feminists. They don't just want equality they want superiority. I'm sorry but pay back/revenge for history is out of the question and just a bad idea. We should just get to gender, and racial equality and then stop. No furthering one over the other. Such political beliefs are the first domino to lead to war, and I hat to be chicken little about it.

So neither are superior or inferior
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 2:19:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/1/2015 1:54:27 PM, kasmic wrote:
At 6/1/2015 1:35:54 PM, Lee001 wrote:
Because we are superior, without women, men wouldn't survive.

"It is not good for man to be alone...."

Agreed.
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 2:51:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/1/2015 2:09:51 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/1/2015 1:35:54 PM, Lee001 wrote:
Because we are superior, without women, men wouldn't survive.

I agree to a certain extent. Women have a civilizing effect on men. Wit hour women we'd try to walk off a broken leg and physically attack people for sleighting us, and women have a habit of preventing us from going overboard.

Aw ;')
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,068
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 3:09:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Good question. They really don't, though human instincts may certainly make it feel like a need. I mean, it seems to me that with a sufficiently large supply of pornographic material the sexual desires of men could be satisfied, no real life women needed. There's probably millions of pornographic images on the internet right now, so all one would need is a very large download followed by large-scale copying and distribution.
Less dominant men could be employed for domestic services traditionally provided by women.
Of course, this is not a good way to live.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 4:24:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/1/2015 3:09:19 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Good question. They really don't, though human instincts may certainly make it feel like a need. I mean, it seems to me that with a sufficiently large supply of pornographic material the sexual desires of men could be satisfied, no real life women needed. There's probably millions of pornographic images on the internet right now, so all one would need is a very large download followed by large-scale copying and distribution.
Less dominant men could be employed for domestic services traditionally provided by women.
Of course, this is not a good way to live.

-_-
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,355
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 4:27:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/1/2015 3:09:19 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Less dominant men could be employed for domestic services traditionally provided by women.
kinky
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 4:29:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/1/2015 1:35:54 PM, Lee001 wrote:
Because we are superior, without women, men wouldn't survive.

I agree to a certain extent, but without men women wouldn't survive either because then no breeding can be done. For now, we'll have to deal with them, but once we figure out how to combine two embryo in order to create a child, men will become obsolete and all women would become lesbians (which I actually didn't just make up, look up lesbian separatism).
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 4:30:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/1/2015 1:35:54 PM, Lee001 wrote:
Because we are superior, without women, men wouldn't survive.

I thought we were about to have a conversation, but it looks like you answered your own question.

Seriously, though, I read a statistic a long time ago (so long ago that I'm not even sure it's true) that said the median age of death for married men is something like 76, but for unmarried men, it's 57, whereas the median age of death for married women is 78, and for unmarried women is 75. So being married adds 19 years to a man's average lifespan but only adds 3 years to a woman's average lifespan. This lead me to believe that men need women more than women need men. It also lead me to believe that for a man, getting married is literally a matter of life and death.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 4:30:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/1/2015 2:07:10 PM, Anna08 wrote:
At 6/1/2015 1:35:54 PM, Lee001 wrote:
Because we are superior, without women, men wouldn't survive.

I think without women the human race won't even exist. lol

The human race wouldn't exist without men either.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,068
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 4:54:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
In past civilizations, even if women could breed with each other they wouldn't survive without men (or at least they wouldn't thrive) things such as large-scale construction and farming is much more difficult for women on average than it is for men. Basically civilization would be confined to hunter-gathered cultures, because the huge amount of manpower to build and maintain a civilization would not be available. Even in the modern day with modern labor-saving technology, raw manpower is still used on a large scale.

Basically men caused most of the world's suffering, but civilization also wouldn't have happened without men, and to be fair women do possess very minor violent tendencies, which would mean a world with just women would still have a little violent crime.

If women naturally had the strength of men one could get around this, but that'd essentially be cheating; one might also suggest that men be born without violent tendencies. If women were to be genetically engineered to have greater strength, one could just as easily genetically alter men to remove their violent tendencies.
Even in a modern world where physical labor is in less demand, men still have the advantage of greater amounts of ambition, which is necessary to get ahead in a capitalist society. Women who have equal amounts of ambition are often raised in very masculine homes, so even their own ambition was influenced by men.
One might say that reproductively men are unneeded, but once artificial wombs are developed the same could be said about women.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,068
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 4:56:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
And of course, without men, in a primitive society women would be very easy targets for wild animals.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
ButterCatX
Posts: 2,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 5:02:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/1/2015 2:17:37 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 6/1/2015 1:35:54 PM, Lee001 wrote:
Because we are superior, without women, men wouldn't survive.

even though i'm pretty sure you're kidding, I have to say that the superiority idea, joking or not, is illogical. And I mean that in every way shape and form. No gender, race, or other disposition is superior over the other. Which is why I say it goes both ways, women and men both need each other, and neither would survive without the other.

It goes back to the whole yin and yang thing. The two feed off of and depend on each other to survive and exist. I feel that once we reach a state of true gender and racial equality that we should keep that balance. Thats my one issue with a lot of feminists. They don't just want equality they want superiority. I'm sorry but pay back/revenge for history is out of the question and just a bad idea. We should just get to gender, and racial equality and then stop. No furthering one over the other. Such political beliefs are the first domino to lead to war, and I hat to be chicken little about it.

So neither are superior or inferior

Thank you! Finally someone who understands why I dislike feminism and doesn't yell that I am sexist for it
I bet fanfics are already being posted on random blogs about us.-Vaarka

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

All hail the great and mighty Butters, who died for our inactive cause.-Vaarka

fuckith offith, lol.-Ore(talking to me)

And guess what happened to FT? He got raped to death.-Xlav

You are so obviously town I love you man.-VOT
Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 5:08:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/1/2015 4:29:54 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/1/2015 1:35:54 PM, Lee001 wrote:
Because we are superior, without women, men wouldn't survive.

I agree to a certain extent, but without men women wouldn't survive either because then no breeding can be done. For now, we'll have to deal with them, but once we figure out how to combine two embryo in order to create a child, men will become obsolete and all women would become lesbians (which I actually didn't just make up, look up lesbian separatism).

*For now* XD
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 5:20:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/1/2015 4:27:36 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 6/1/2015 3:09:19 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Less dominant men could be employed for domestic services traditionally provided by women.
kinky

You are.
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 5:20:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/1/2015 5:02:30 PM, ButterCatX wrote:
At 6/1/2015 2:17:37 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 6/1/2015 1:35:54 PM, Lee001 wrote:
Because we are superior, without women, men wouldn't survive.

even though i'm pretty sure you're kidding, I have to say that the superiority idea, joking or not, is illogical. And I mean that in every way shape and form. No gender, race, or other disposition is superior over the other. Which is why I say it goes both ways, women and men both need each other, and neither would survive without the other.

It goes back to the whole yin and yang thing. The two feed off of and depend on each other to survive and exist. I feel that once we reach a state of true gender and racial equality that we should keep that balance. Thats my one issue with a lot of feminists. They don't just want equality they want superiority. I'm sorry but pay back/revenge for history is out of the question and just a bad idea. We should just get to gender, and racial equality and then stop. No furthering one over the other. Such political beliefs are the first domino to lead to war, and I hat to be chicken little about it.

So neither are superior or inferior

Thank you! Finally someone who understands why I dislike feminism and doesn't yell that I am sexist for it

meanie :'(
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 5:52:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/1/2015 5:02:30 PM, ButterCatX wrote:
At 6/1/2015 2:17:37 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 6/1/2015 1:35:54 PM, Lee001 wrote:
Because we are superior, without women, men wouldn't survive.

even though i'm pretty sure you're kidding, I have to say that the superiority idea, joking or not, is illogical. And I mean that in every way shape and form. No gender, race, or other disposition is superior over the other. Which is why I say it goes both ways, women and men both need each other, and neither would survive without the other.

It goes back to the whole yin and yang thing. The two feed off of and depend on each other to survive and exist. I feel that once we reach a state of true gender and racial equality that we should keep that balance. Thats my one issue with a lot of feminists. They don't just want equality they want superiority. I'm sorry but pay back/revenge for history is out of the question and just a bad idea. We should just get to gender, and racial equality and then stop. No furthering one over the other. Such political beliefs are the first domino to lead to war, and I hat to be chicken little about it.

So neither are superior or inferior

Thank you! Finally someone who understands why I dislike feminism and doesn't yell that I am sexist for it

well radical feminism is illogical and really a step back in time instead of step forward. RADICAL tho, not regular feminism
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 5:54:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/1/2015 5:20:47 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 6/1/2015 5:02:30 PM, ButterCatX wrote:
At 6/1/2015 2:17:37 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 6/1/2015 1:35:54 PM, Lee001 wrote:
Because we are superior, without women, men wouldn't survive.

even though i'm pretty sure you're kidding, I have to say that the superiority idea, joking or not, is illogical. And I mean that in every way shape and form. No gender, race, or other disposition is superior over the other. Which is why I say it goes both ways, women and men both need each other, and neither would survive without the other.

It goes back to the whole yin and yang thing. The two feed off of and depend on each other to survive and exist. I feel that once we reach a state of true gender and racial equality that we should keep that balance. Thats my one issue with a lot of feminists. They don't just want equality they want superiority. I'm sorry but pay back/revenge for history is out of the question and just a bad idea. We should just get to gender, and racial equality and then stop. No furthering one over the other. Such political beliefs are the first domino to lead to war, and I hat to be chicken little about it.

So neither are superior or inferior

Thank you! Finally someone who understands why I dislike feminism and doesn't yell that I am sexist for it

meanie :'(

well i was talking about radical feminism
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 10:05:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/1/2015 1:35:54 PM, Lee001 wrote:
Because we are superior, without women, men wouldn't survive.

I don't need women in my life.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 10:07:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/1/2015 2:07:10 PM, Anna08 wrote:
At 6/1/2015 1:35:54 PM, Lee001 wrote:
Because we are superior, without women, men wouldn't survive.

I think without women the human race won't even exist. lol

Without men, the human race would not exist, so I don't see your point...
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 10:18:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/1/2015 10:05:54 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 6/1/2015 1:35:54 PM, Lee001 wrote:
Because we are superior, without women, men wouldn't survive.

I don't need women in my life.



Roflmao
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Anna08
Posts: 42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 10:19:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/1/2015 10:07:39 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 6/1/2015 2:07:10 PM, Anna08 wrote:
At 6/1/2015 1:35:54 PM, Lee001 wrote:
Because we are superior, without women, men wouldn't survive.

I think without women the human race won't even exist. lol

Without men, the human race would not exist, so I don't see your point...
We can breed with animals.