Jump to topic:

How do i make reading a passion???

Kryptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 11:26:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Obviously I am not illiterate and can understand the English language fairly well, I'm just curious as to how someone can make reading an avid passion. I have read copious amounts of science literature, but this doesn't satisfy my taste for learning, some people say reading is relaxing, tiring, and enriched in a world of wonders.

But how would I get around beginning? What books should I read? What time should I read them? I have many questions involving this.

I have read 3 novels in my entire life from cover to cover that included more than 100 pages. And this was when I was 12, I had moved up to a new city and had no friends, no computer and was bored out of my brain. It was more or less... read something entertaining or depression will instil.

Any tips will be handy. okay thanks.
belladb8s
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 12:26:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/6/2015 11:26:57 AM, Kryptic wrote:
Obviously I am not illiterate and can understand the English language fairly well, I'm just curious as to how someone can make reading an avid passion. I have read copious amounts of science literature, but this doesn't satisfy my taste for learning, some people say reading is relaxing, tiring, and enriched in a world of wonders.

Read political/philosophical books...definition of enriching, and different from science. I'd recommend Amusing Ourselves to Death, How the World Really Works, anything by Harpley (covers 9/11 truths), A Century of War (original and oil one), and there are tons more....or just dabble some in fiction. The first step to enjoying reading is, well, finding books you actually enjoy reading. If you really are interested, I have TONS of suggestions.

But how would I get around beginning? What books should I read? What time should I read them? I have many questions involving this.

Give yourself time. Even when you do find something you are interested in, it will take practice to make it into a habit, especially since you have only ever committed to 3 novels. Force yourself to read a chapter a day...it really is a skill. There's more to reading then just understanding/hearing what the text says. Think about it...a strategy I often use is imagine a person you were debating said what the book said. How would you rebut it?

I have read 3 novels in my entire life from cover to cover that included more than 100 pages. And this was when I was 12, I had moved up to a new city and had no friends, no computer and was bored out of my brain. It was more or less... read something entertaining or depression will instil.

Any tips will be handy. okay thanks.