Jump to topic:

How I See the World

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 6:01:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I was thinking about this as I walked home from work today. I don't typically work on the weekends (or, at least I don't usually do work I get paid for on the weekends), but it's been a wild and crazy week and this is just what had to happen. Life is very hard. The key to success is to do more than you can, without complaining, and doing everything in your power to make it look easy. I have never met a challenge I could not overcome, but I have met many that have nearly taken me under in the process.

So few people in this world are good or dependable. Many of them do bad things to other people, and expect to get away with it. People never fail to find new ways to disappoint me, and in many ways a fatalistic worldview is perhaps the only truly "rational" one that there is.

Despite this, the only reason to get out of bed in the morning is to get up and believe that tomorrow will be better than the day before. Whether that happens or not, even if you have to consciously lie to yourself, it's necessary. You want self affirming biases working for you, as opposed to the other way around.

I have to believe that I can do the things I want to do, and giving up is just not an option. We all have to do that, because in the moment we don't we're withdrawing from our own lives. Eventually, there comes a point where there is no reason to even go on at all.

That is why I try; it is why we all have to try, no matter how bad it gets, to make tomorrow better. No matter how high the wall, or how overbearing the obstacle; get over it, around it, under it, or through it. Do not accept failure as an option.

That kind of attitude is what has defined me since I was much younger. I'm a bastard to work for and with, and my standards are uncompromising. I hold myself to a higher standard than I hold other people too, and with very few exceptions I expect them to fail or disappoint me -whether I'm depending on them or not.

But every now and then, it's possible to find people who you really care about, who you can trust and rely on; people who have your back, and who know you have theirs. Those are the people who make every tomorrow better than the day before, and it is those people and only those people who you should allow to affect you. Other people don't matter.

People who say "It can't be done." or "You're not good enough." don't matter. They are blemishes on the face of humanity, and they do not matter. What matters are the choices you make, within the range of options you have. Some of us have more options than others, but the choices we make today define the scope of options we have tomorrow. Never let an opportunity pass you by, and look for them when they come -because they will come. Make the most of them when they do, because they very likely will not come again.
Tsar of DDO
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 8:45:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
To me the key to success is to work smart, not hard. And what you do after work is what builds the bulk of your wealth and success.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%