Total Posts:20|Showing Posts:1-20
Jump to topic:

Kasmic AMA

Varrack
Posts: 2,410
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2015 10:35:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/9/2015 10:24:40 AM, kasmic wrote:
I am bored... AMA

Do you still want me to vote on your marijuana debate? I was planning on doing it but it looks like it has 5 votes already.
kasmic
Posts: 1,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2015 10:36:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/9/2015 10:35:25 AM, Varrack wrote:
At 6/9/2015 10:24:40 AM, kasmic wrote:
I am bored... AMA

Do you still want me to vote on your marijuana debate? I was planning on doing it but it looks like it has 5 votes already.

Nah that's ok... 35-0 is sufficient haha. I do have another really easy debate that could use voting... http://www.debate.org...
"Liberalism Defined" http://www.debate.org...
"The Social Contract" http://www.debate.org...
"Intro to IR An Open Discussion" http://www.debate.org...

Check out my website, the Sensible Soapbox http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
My latest article: http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
Geogeer
Posts: 4,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2015 4:24:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/9/2015 10:24:40 AM, kasmic wrote:
I am bored... AMA

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
kasmic
Posts: 1,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2015 4:26:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/9/2015 4:24:31 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 6/9/2015 10:24:40 AM, kasmic wrote:
I am bored... AMA

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

haha... How many boards would the Mongols hoard if the Mongol Hoards got bored?
"Liberalism Defined" http://www.debate.org...
"The Social Contract" http://www.debate.org...
"Intro to IR An Open Discussion" http://www.debate.org...

Check out my website, the Sensible Soapbox http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
My latest article: http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
kasmic
Posts: 1,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 4:39:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/9/2015 10:24:40 AM, kasmic wrote:
I am bored... AMA

Still bored........
"Liberalism Defined" http://www.debate.org...
"The Social Contract" http://www.debate.org...
"Intro to IR An Open Discussion" http://www.debate.org...

Check out my website, the Sensible Soapbox http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
My latest article: http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
Fkkize
Posts: 2,149
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2015 5:03:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2015 4:39:24 PM, kasmic wrote:
At 6/9/2015 10:24:40 AM, kasmic wrote:
I am bored... AMA

Still bored........

Refute the pessimistic meta-induction argument against scientific realism.
Still bored?
: At 7/2/2016 3:05:07 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
:
: space contradicts logic
kasmic
Posts: 1,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2015 5:17:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/30/2015 5:03:27 PM, Fkkize wrote:
At 6/10/2015 4:39:24 PM, kasmic wrote:
At 6/9/2015 10:24:40 AM, kasmic wrote:
I am bored... AMA

Still bored........

Refute the pessimistic meta-induction argument against scientific realism.
Still bored?

gimme a min haha.
"Liberalism Defined" http://www.debate.org...
"The Social Contract" http://www.debate.org...
"Intro to IR An Open Discussion" http://www.debate.org...

Check out my website, the Sensible Soapbox http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
My latest article: http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
kasmic
Posts: 1,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2015 5:19:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/30/2015 5:03:27 PM, Fkkize wrote:
At 6/10/2015 4:39:24 PM, kasmic wrote:
At 6/9/2015 10:24:40 AM, kasmic wrote:
I am bored... AMA

Still bored........

Refute the pessimistic meta-induction argument against scientific realism.
Still bored?

Wikipedia sums it up well haha!

"One might see shortcomings in the historic examples Laudan gives as proof of his hypothesis. Theories later refuted, like that of crystalline spheres in astronomy, or the phlogiston theory do not represent the most successful theories at their time. A further objection tries to point out that in scientific progress we indeed approximate the truth. When we develop a new theory, the central ideas of the old one usually become refuted. Parts of the old theory, however, we carry over to the new one. In doing so, our theories become more and more well-founded on other principles, they become better in terms of predictive and descriptive power, so that, for example, aeroplanes, computers and DNA sequencing all establish technical, operational proof of the effectiveness of the theories. Therefore, we can hold the realist view that our theoretical terms refer to something in the world and our theories are approximately true."

https://en.wikipedia.org...

Just kidding I will read up on it.
"Liberalism Defined" http://www.debate.org...
"The Social Contract" http://www.debate.org...
"Intro to IR An Open Discussion" http://www.debate.org...

Check out my website, the Sensible Soapbox http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
My latest article: http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
SamStevens
Posts: 3,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2015 5:43:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/9/2015 10:24:40 AM, kasmic wrote:
I am bored... AMA

Did you ever slip and fall?
Did you ever trip and fall?
Were you ever involved in a physical altercation?
Do you go window shopping?
Do you have a criminal record?
Did you ever have a run in with the law?
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
kasmic
Posts: 1,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2015 5:50:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/30/2015 5:43:44 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 6/9/2015 10:24:40 AM, kasmic wrote:
I am bored... AMA

Did you ever slip and fall?

Yes I broke my jaw in one particular instance

Did you ever trip and fall?

Yes I broke my ankle in one particular instance

Were you ever involved in a physical altercation?

um, not really... a few close encounters.

Do you go window shopping?

No

Do you have a criminal record?

No

Did you ever have a run in with the law?

No
"Liberalism Defined" http://www.debate.org...
"The Social Contract" http://www.debate.org...
"Intro to IR An Open Discussion" http://www.debate.org...

Check out my website, the Sensible Soapbox http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
My latest article: http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
SamStevens
Posts: 3,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2015 5:58:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/30/2015 5:50:10 PM, kasmic wrote:
At 6/30/2015 5:43:44 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 6/9/2015 10:24:40 AM, kasmic wrote:
I am bored... AMA

Did you ever slip and fall?

Yes I broke my jaw in one particular instance

Did you ever trip and fall?

Yes I broke my ankle in one particular instance

Were you ever involved in a physical altercation?

um, not really... a few close encounters.

Do you go window shopping?

No

Do you have a criminal record?

No

Did you ever have a run in with the law?

No

Did you ever witness a car accident?

Were you ever in a car accident?

Do you have any pets?

Did you have any pets?

Are you in a relationship?

Were you ever in a relationship?

Do you like zebras?

Do you like horses?

Can you spot the mistake? A bird in the
the tree.

Did you ever see road kill?

Did you ever run over an animal?

Did you ever ride a bike?

Did you ever fall of of said bike?

Did you ever witness a crime?

Did you ever go to a morgue?

Are your grandparents still alive?

Did you ever troll someone on youtube?

Did you ever participate in a flame war?

Were you ever insulted on the internet?

Did you ever insult someone on the internet?

Did you ever participate in road rage?

Were you a victim of road rage?

Did you witness road rage?
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
kasmic
Posts: 1,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2015 6:04:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Did you ever witness a car accident?

Yes a handful

Were you ever in a car accident?

Yes a few minor accidents and one that I was ran over.

Do you have any pets?

No

Did you have any pets?

Yes I had a dog for 11 years growing up.

Are you in a relationship?

I am in many relationships haha... as far a romantically, yes I am happily married.

Were you ever in a relationship?

Yes quite a few.

Do you like zebras?

Like is a strong word... I don't dislike them haha.

Do you like horses?

same as last question

Can you spot the mistake? A bird in the
the tree.

?

Did you ever see road kill?

Yes

Did you ever run over an animal?

No

Did you ever ride a bike?

I was an LDS Missionary.. spent literally two years on a bike.

Did you ever fall of of said bike?

Yes

Did you ever witness a crime?

I am sure that I have but not anything huge.

Did you ever go to a morgue?

yes

Are your grandparents still alive?

My grandmothers are alive

Did you ever troll someone on youtube?

no

Did you ever participate in a flame war?

No

Were you ever insulted on the internet?

Everyday

Did you ever insult someone on the internet?

No one is perfect.

Did you ever participate in road rage?

No

Were you a victim of road rage?

No

Did you witness road rage?

Not that I know of.
"Liberalism Defined" http://www.debate.org...
"The Social Contract" http://www.debate.org...
"Intro to IR An Open Discussion" http://www.debate.org...

Check out my website, the Sensible Soapbox http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
My latest article: http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
SamStevens
Posts: 3,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2015 10:30:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/30/2015 6:04:53 PM, kasmic wrote:
Did you ever witness a car accident?

Yes a handful

Were you ever in a car accident?

Yes a few minor accidents and one that I was ran over.

Do you have any pets?

No

Did you have any pets?

Yes I had a dog for 11 years growing up.

Are you in a relationship?

I am in many relationships haha... as far a romantically, yes I am happily married.

Were you ever in a relationship?

Yes quite a few.

Do you like zebras?

Like is a strong word... I don't dislike them haha.

Do you like horses?

same as last question

Can you spot the mistake? A bird in the
the tree.

?

Rewritten: A bird in the the tree.

Did you ever see road kill?

Yes

Did you ever run over an animal?

No

Did you ever ride a bike?

I was an LDS Missionary.. spent literally two years on a bike.

Did you ever fall of of said bike?

Yes

Did you ever witness a crime?

I am sure that I have but not anything huge.

Did you ever go to a morgue?

yes

Are your grandparents still alive?

My grandmothers are alive

Did you ever troll someone on youtube?

no

Did you ever participate in a flame war?

No

Were you ever insulted on the internet?

Everyday

Did you ever insult someone on the internet?

No one is perfect.

Did you ever participate in road rage?

No

Were you a victim of road rage?

No

Did you witness road rage?

Not that I know of.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
kasmic
Posts: 1,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2015 11:04:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Can you spot the mistake? A bird in the
the tree.

?

Rewritten: A bird in the the tree.

Yes I can see that the was written twice.
"Liberalism Defined" http://www.debate.org...
"The Social Contract" http://www.debate.org...
"Intro to IR An Open Discussion" http://www.debate.org...

Check out my website, the Sensible Soapbox http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
My latest article: http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
PatriotPerson
Posts: 1,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2015 11:20:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
What came first, the chicken or the egg?
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
kasmic
Posts: 1,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2015 11:24:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/1/2015 11:20:46 AM, PatriotPerson wrote:
What came first, the chicken or the egg?

"it is indeterminate which animal was the first chicken, the question of whether the chicken or the chicken egg came first has a determinate answer. Since an animal does not evolve into another species during its lifetime, and since organisms can fail to breed true, it is biologically necessary that the chicken egg came first."

https://en.wikipedia.org...
"Liberalism Defined" http://www.debate.org...
"The Social Contract" http://www.debate.org...
"Intro to IR An Open Discussion" http://www.debate.org...

Check out my website, the Sensible Soapbox http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
My latest article: http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
PatriotPerson
Posts: 1,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2015 4:02:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/1/2015 11:24:40 AM, kasmic wrote:
At 7/1/2015 11:20:46 AM, PatriotPerson wrote:
What came first, the chicken or the egg?

"it is indeterminate which animal was the first chicken, the question of whether the chicken or the chicken egg came first has a determinate answer. Since an animal does not evolve into another species during its lifetime, and since organisms can fail to breed true, it is biologically necessary that the chicken egg came first."

https://en.wikipedia.org...

Coke or Pepsi?
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
kasmic
Posts: 1,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2015 4:04:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/1/2015 4:02:46 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 7/1/2015 11:24:40 AM, kasmic wrote:
At 7/1/2015 11:20:46 AM, PatriotPerson wrote:
What came first, the chicken or the egg?

"it is indeterminate which animal was the first chicken, the question of whether the chicken or the chicken egg came first has a determinate answer. Since an animal does not evolve into another species during its lifetime, and since organisms can fail to breed true, it is biologically necessary that the chicken egg came first."

https://en.wikipedia.org...

Coke or Pepsi?

Pepsi
"Liberalism Defined" http://www.debate.org...
"The Social Contract" http://www.debate.org...
"Intro to IR An Open Discussion" http://www.debate.org...

Check out my website, the Sensible Soapbox http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
My latest article: http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...