Wierd Quirks.

Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2015 12:48:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
What are some weird tendencies you do?

For me, when I eat dinner, I always eat my side dishes first. Like my salad, then corn, then the main dish :p
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2015 9:00:40 PM
At 6/9/2015 12:48:08 PM, Lee001 wrote:

For me, when I eat dinner, I always eat my side dishes first. Like my salad, then corn, then the main dish :p

I tap my fingers on the table when I'm thinking about a problem, like a test question for example.
I open water bottles with my left hand even though I am right-handed.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2015 9:28:20 PM
When I eat a sandwich, I always make sure the bread is lined up, top to top and bottom to bottom, and I always eat from the bottom.

When I take a shower, before I grab the towel, I shake off like a dog. I figure the more water I can get off me by shaking, the less work the towel has to do.

When I'm walking down the sidewalk, it bothers me if the same leg steps over the cracks over and over, and I frequently change my stride so that I step over the cracks evenly with both legs.

I like to feel my ears.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2015 11:40:12 PM
I pick at my butt hairs in the shower.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
belladb8s
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 12:16:46 AM
I play GTA 5 for the sole purpose of finding large crowds of people and running them over. So satisfying...

I, not unlike the person above me, need to alternate feet that touch cracks on a sidewalk or alternate between going over or just under the crack. I need a rhythm, and both my feet need their fair share of it.

If you bend the cover and/or a page in one of my books, prepare to die.

I HATE being touched...unless you have clear permission or are my mother.

I can only sleep if either my fat cat or mentally unstable Boston Terrier is in the same room.

There's more, I promise...
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 12:57:41 PM
At 6/9/2015 11:40:12 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
I pick at my butt hairs in the shower.

Wow...so hawt.
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 1:01:25 PM

How about abandoning and ignoring people you say you care about? Does that count as a "weird tendency"?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 4:16:56 PM

During some activities i will switch which hand i'm using unconsciously. I forced it at first to become codominant but now its just natural. and people point it out
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 4:17:57 PM
At 6/10/2015 1:01:25 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

How about abandoning and ignoring people you say you care about? Does that count as a "weird tendency"?

Not if the other person doesn't want to haven anything to do with you anymore.

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 4:31:13 PM
I have too many quirks to count but here's one: I rate my food from least favorite to most favorite and eat it accordingly.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 12:06:53 AM
At 6/10/2015 4:16:56 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

During some activities i will switch which hand i'm using unconsciously. I forced it at first to become codominant but now its just natural. and people point it out

That's interesting. To what activities does this apply?
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 7:20:06 AM
At 6/11/2015 12:06:53 AM, Sapphique wrote:
At 6/10/2015 4:16:56 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

That's interesting. To what activities does this apply?

A lot of sports, drawing in art and a lot of menial tasks. Basically everything except writing.
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2015 9:00:46 PM

If I have the day off from work and I'm just lounging, I'll purposely skip out on putting on deodorant because I actually love my natural scent.

I have a hammock in my bedroom and prefer sleeping in that most nights.

I sleep nude, and love it. I also don't put on underwear unless I'm wearing jeans.

I talk to my cats, like I seriously hold full-on conversations with em.

Sometimes I like reading sentences backwards if I'm bored with certain parts of a book.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 1:48:30 PM
At 6/10/2015 4:31:13 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
I have too many quirks to count but here's one: I rate my food from least favorite to most favorite and eat it accordingly.

I do the exact same thing. My mother thinks I'm crazy, so I'm glad other people do it.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 1:50:28 PM
At 6/13/2015 1:48:30 PM, Subutai wrote:

I do the exact same thing. My mother thinks I'm crazy, so I'm glad other people do it.

Do you eat M&Ms by color too?
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 1:52:29 PM
At 6/13/2015 1:50:28 PM, mishapqueen wrote:

Yes, although I don't eat them too often. Coincidentally, I also do it from least favorite to most favorite. For me, it's brown, then orange, then yellow, then green, then blue, and then red.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 1:53:52 PM
At 6/13/2015 1:52:29 PM, Subutai wrote:
At 6/13/2015 1:50:28 PM, mishapqueen wrote:

Yes, although I don't eat them too often. Coincidentally, I also do it from least favorite to most favorite. For me, it's brown, then orange, then yellow, then green, then blue, and then red.

Me too, but my order is usually brown, red, blue, orange, yellow, green.

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 7:44:51 PM

I do this too. For me, it's about the taste in my mouth when I'm done. I want the best aftertaste.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 7:51:08 PM
I take pleasure in watching my enimies be broken down mentally. Real talk, I'm straight up evil sometimes. If it was real, I'd suspect I have HER syndrome.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 12:20:17 AM
I don't mix food on my plate. I compartmentalize my meal.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 7:11:11 AM
At 6/9/2015 9:00:40 PM, Sapphique wrote:

I tap my fingers on the table when I'm thinking about a problem, like a test question for example.
I open water bottles with my left hand even though I am right-handed.

I just realized I open water bottles the same way, even though I'm right-handed! I think right handers all open bottles with their left hand, because I can't imagine myself opening a water bottle with my right hand.

P.S. How did you notice that? I didn't realize I did the same thing till I read your post.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 7:13:48 AM

IKR!
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 5:18:11 PM
At 6/14/2015 7:13:48 AM, tejretics wrote:

IKR!

A kindred spirit, lol.

What is your profile picture of? It looks a bit like the Louvre.

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 9:09:34 PM
Well, as some of you know, athletes are notorious for having strict habits or superstitions in which they almost religiously engage in. I was a track and gymnastics guy in high school and college. And still run. Not so much with the gymnastics, though. I am almost 40 and that is ancient by their standards. (but I can still do 20 pull-ups. LOL).

some of mine....

always put on my right sock AND shoe before doing the other foot. This began in high school after I did this because of a nasty blister, and then won my 1500M race.

Never step on a crack in the sidewalk..or a painted line, like in a parking lot.

Always finish my meal before taking a drink.

Shave only every 3rd day--again, something stemming from gymnastics, when I won my event (pommel) after doing this.

Always round-off the total on the gas pump. So it ends with the number of my birthday: "28" as in December 28. For example..if the pump clicks off on $11.13...I have to go to $11.28.

When I am getting dressed if I have a button down shirt the vertical line of the two halves has to line up with the vertical line where my pants waistline meets. This comes from my Navy days, when it was required in an inspection. they call it "the gig line." A gig is sort of a demerit in the military.

Never mix the grain with the grape. Drinking, that is. Not even within the same week, if I have a vodka tonic one night, then not beer or wine the rest of the week. Only vodka. And vice versa if I have a glass of wine with dinner. (but I don't drink that much).

CD's and all books I have--even ones checked out from the library, have to be lined-up in alphabetical order.

Color of underwear (boxer-briefs) must match color of shirt.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 9:15:57 PM
Oh yeah...I saw somebody mention candy at it reminded me I forgot one:

I love Gummi Bears! I am shamelessly addicted to them. Two or three bags a week. But when I am eating them, I have to sort of--this is hard to explain, eat them in a sort of "gradual color change" process.

For example..I cannot go from green to red. Or orange to green. The order must be linear like a color spectrum: red, orange, yellow, green. Or back the other way. Or often, only bears of the same color in my mouth at a time.

Hmm..this last habit strikes me as perhaps my weirdest one. LOL

Also...I cannot mix chocolate candy with other types. Again..even on the same day. if I have a piece of chocolate at lunch, later that night if I eat candy while watching TV or reading, NO Gummis. Or my other favorite: Red Vines. I have to stick with chocolate.

Same with Gummis. if I have a few during the day...only them at night then. But Red Vines are acceptable, since they are of the same type of candy.

Make sense? LOL
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 9:24:35 PM
At 6/14/2015 9:15:57 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

I love Gummi Bears! I am shamelessly addicted to them. Two or three bags a week. But when I am eating them, I have to sort of--this is hard to explain, eat them in a sort of "gradual color change" process.

For example..I cannot go from green to red. Or orange to green. The order must be linear like a color spectrum: red, orange, yellow, green. Or back the other way. Or often, only bears of the same color in my mouth at a time.

Also...I cannot mix chocolate candy with other types. Again..even on the same day. if I have a piece of chocolate at lunch, later that night if I eat candy while watching TV or reading, NO Gummis. Or my other favorite: Red Vines. I have to stick with chocolate.

Same with Gummis. if I have a few during the day...only them at night then. But Red Vines are acceptable, since they are of the same type of candy.

Make sense? LOL

You sound like you have OCD, lol.

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 9:29:11 PM
At 6/14/2015 9:24:35 PM, mishapqueen wrote:

Make sense? LOL

LOL---I used to be a little worse. Funny, though..when I spelled them all out here and looked at them, I sort of thought the same thing. Which is weird because I am pretty much a science guy, and not religious or superstitious, really. Or believe in too many paranormal things.

But maybe I am a little para-normal? LOL
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 9:31:04 PM
At 6/14/2015 9:29:11 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 6/14/2015 9:24:35 PM, mishapqueen wrote:

Make sense? LOL

LOL---I used to be a little worse. Funny, though..when I spelled them all out here and looked at them, I sort of thought the same thing. Which is weird because I am pretty much a science guy, and not religious or superstitious, really. Or believe in too many paranormal things.

But maybe I am a little para-normal? LOL

OCD is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, lol.

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 9:32:49 PM
Oh yeah...I know what it is. I have my BA in Psych. LOL. And work in the MH Dept. at the VA.

Go figure!
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 9:52:55 PM
I eat my M&Ms one at a time.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid