Total Posts:44|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Honest question

1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,098
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 12:28:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Do you think I'm an a$shole?
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
kasmic
Posts: 1,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 12:31:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2015 12:28:15 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Do you think I'm an a$shole?

No
"Liberalism Defined" http://www.debate.org...
"The Social Contract" http://www.debate.org...
"Intro to IR An Open Discussion" http://www.debate.org...

Check out my website, the Sensible Soapbox http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
My latest article: http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 12:44:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2015 12:28:15 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Do you think I'm an a$shole?

It's a subjective term, and it can be used temporally.

I don't think too many folks would think you were generally one in the negative sense, though.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,065
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 1:16:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Somewhat, but then again, I am too, so I can't really get onto you for it.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Romanii
Posts: 4,851
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 1:43:23 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2015 12:28:15 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Do you think I'm an a$shole?

No.

I think you take some things a bit too seriously, but that is a long way from being an a$shole.
mishapqueen
Posts: 3,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 10:50:41 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2015 12:28:15 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Do you think I'm an a$shole?

No, I think you are a nice person. :)
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 10:54:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2015 12:28:15 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Do you think I'm an a$shole?

No.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,805
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 11:00:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2015 1:16:05 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Somewhat, but then again, I am too, so I can't really get onto you for it.

Future president right here everyone.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,805
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 11:01:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2015 12:28:15 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Do you think I'm an a$shole?

No, do you think you are?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,098
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 11:55:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2015 11:01:01 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/10/2015 12:28:15 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Do you think I'm an a$shole?

No, do you think you are?

Quite.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,805
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 11:56:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2015 11:55:27 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/10/2015 11:01:01 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/10/2015 12:28:15 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Do you think I'm an a$shole?

No, do you think you are?

Quite.

Why?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,098
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 11:58:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2015 11:56:19 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/10/2015 11:55:27 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/10/2015 11:01:01 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/10/2015 12:28:15 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Do you think I'm an a$shole?

No, do you think you are?

Quite.

Why?

Because I get into a lot of confrontations on here, and a lot of people don't like me in real life.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,805
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 12:02:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2015 11:58:32 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/10/2015 11:56:19 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/10/2015 11:55:27 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/10/2015 11:01:01 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/10/2015 12:28:15 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Do you think I'm an a$shole?

No, do you think you are?

Quite.

Why?

Because I get into a lot of confrontations on here, and a lot of people don't like me in real life.

Well, several people are very confrontational and not very accepting on this site. I don't know about real life though.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,098
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 12:03:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2015 12:02:29 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/10/2015 11:58:32 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/10/2015 11:56:19 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/10/2015 11:55:27 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/10/2015 11:01:01 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/10/2015 12:28:15 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Do you think I'm an a$shole?

No, do you think you are?

Quite.

Why?

Because I get into a lot of confrontations on here, and a lot of people don't like me in real life.

Well, several people are very confrontational and not very accepting on this site. I don't know about real life though.

I'm not nearly as confrontational in real life.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,805
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 12:03:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2015 12:03:09 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/10/2015 12:02:29 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/10/2015 11:58:32 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/10/2015 11:56:19 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/10/2015 11:55:27 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/10/2015 11:01:01 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/10/2015 12:28:15 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Do you think I'm an a$shole?

No, do you think you are?

Quite.

Why?

Because I get into a lot of confrontations on here, and a lot of people don't like me in real life.

Well, several people are very confrontational and not very accepting on this site. I don't know about real life though.

I'm not nearly as confrontational in real life.

Then why don't people like you in real life?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,098
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 12:08:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2015 12:03:36 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/10/2015 12:03:09 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/10/2015 12:02:29 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/10/2015 11:58:32 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/10/2015 11:56:19 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/10/2015 11:55:27 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/10/2015 11:01:01 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/10/2015 12:28:15 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Do you think I'm an a$shole?

No, do you think you are?

Quite.

Why?

Because I get into a lot of confrontations on here, and a lot of people don't like me in real life.

Well, several people are very confrontational and not very accepting on this site. I don't know about real life though.

I'm not nearly as confrontational in real life.

Then why don't people like you in real life?

My brother thinks I'm an a$shole basically because I'm extremely introverted, and he expects me not to be. My mother thinks I'm an a$shole because I "don't accept discipline" (i.e. I try to stop physical incidents from occurring). People at school think I'm an a$shole for various reasons: some don't like my sense of humor, some people don't like me because I've gotten mad at them for trying to hurt my friends. Some people don't like my friends, and dislike me for that reason. For a lot of them, however: I have no clue why they dislike me.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,805
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 12:12:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2015 12:08:39 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/10/2015 12:03:36 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/10/2015 12:03:09 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/10/2015 12:02:29 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/10/2015 11:58:32 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/10/2015 11:56:19 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/10/2015 11:55:27 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/10/2015 11:01:01 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/10/2015 12:28:15 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Do you think I'm an a$shole?

No, do you think you are?

Quite.

Why?

Because I get into a lot of confrontations on here, and a lot of people don't like me in real life.

Well, several people are very confrontational and not very accepting on this site. I don't know about real life though.

I'm not nearly as confrontational in real life.

Then why don't people like you in real life?

My brother thinks I'm an a$shole basically because I'm extremely introverted, and he expects me not to be. My mother thinks I'm an a$shole because I "don't accept discipline" (i.e. I try to stop physical incidents from occurring). People at school think I'm an a$shole for various reasons: some don't like my sense of humor, some people don't like me because I've gotten mad at them for trying to hurt my friends. Some people don't like my friends, and dislike me for that reason. For a lot of them, however: I have no clue why they dislike me.

Okay
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 12:56:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2015 12:28:15 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Do you think I'm an a$shole?

Well...I think you can be kind of rude sometimes. But it isn't intentionally. I believe you just really care allot for people and are a compassionate person and protect people.
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Garbanza
Posts: 1,997
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 2:26:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2015 12:28:15 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Do you think I'm an a$shole?

The problem is not that you're an @sshole, but that you don't pay attention to ideas properly. For example, this question ^ assumes that people react positively to good people and badly to @ssholes, but that's just way too simplistic. You shouldn't assume that having an emotional reaction to something means you've understood it.

I'm sorry if I was mean to you before, saying you were sucking up to the mods. Now I think that it's maybe the same thing, that you take on some ideas too uncritically, and reject other ideas prematurely, and do both based on assessment of the personality of the person who has the idea.

I'm sure you don't want advice from me, but too bad, here it comes: think more. Really try to listen and understand what people are saying even if you don't like them and even if you disagree with them. Your first job is to understand their perspective, and THEN you can react and argue etc. This is advice I give to myself all the time as well.

I think of this site as a place to practice conflict for the real world. Conflict is good, and even if it wasn't, it's inevitable. Getting into conflict isn't necessarily a bad thing of itself, but it's important to be able resolve it at least sometimes.
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 3:52:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2015 12:28:15 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Do you think I'm an a$shole?

Not inherently. You can be an a$$hole to other a$$holes, which isn't necessarily a bad thing since it's arguing and this is a debating site. :3
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 4:52:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
As your motherly sister, I prohibit you from using that word, or any with the same meaning, to describe yourself ever again.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
lannan13
Posts: 23,017
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 8:49:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2015 12:28:15 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Do you think I'm an a$shole?

No
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Posts: 2,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 9:34:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2015 12:28:15 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Do you think I'm an a$shole?

No
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:
http://www.debate.org...

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,098
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 3:18:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Bump.

I've been told by people on this site (via PM) that I have a reputation for being confrontational, patronizing, etc; and I've been told in real life (just about always by my family) that I am an a$shole. So I want to hear from more people about it.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 5:51:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2015 12:28:15 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Do you think I'm an a$shole?

Never heard of ya, amigo. That is, before this post.

I'll check out some of your past posts and let you know about the answer to your OP question, however.

Drew
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 5:55:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2015 12:28:15 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Do you think I'm an a$shole?

Ok...I checked out your profile and some posts.

You are harmless. A kid. You are as far from being an a$$hole (and I should know! LOL) as Paris Hilton is of being a neurosurgeon.

Anybody who digs Harry Potter and Animal Farm is harmless and IMHO poses not a modicum of threat to the general peace and well-being here in the hallowed halls of DDO.

(If ya ever want some lessons on being an A-Hole, let me know!

Drew
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,065
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 6:12:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/22/2015 3:18:29 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Bump.

I've been told by people on this site (via PM) that I have a reputation for being confrontational, patronizing, etc; and I've been told in real life (just about always by my family) that I am an a$shole. So I want to hear from more people about it.

That's rather odd. I've always pictured you as being relatively popular on DDO.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 8:15:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/22/2015 5:51:09 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 6/10/2015 12:28:15 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Do you think I'm an a$shole?

Never heard of ya, amigo. That is, before this post.

I'll check out some of your past posts and let you know about the answer to your OP question, however.

Drew

Why don't you put your name in your sig?
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.