Total Posts:58|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Which issue are you most passionate about?

Philocat
Posts: 779
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 9:22:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
What it says on the tin ^

I am personally most passionate about abortion, it's a truly awful thing and it is even worse that so many people don't realise it!

How about you?
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Posts: 2,754
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 9:33:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/11/2015 9:22:41 AM, Philocat wrote:
What it says on the tin ^

I am personally most passionate about abortion, it's a truly awful thing and it is even worse that so many people don't realise it!
I think most DDOers know that because of the sheer number of abortion debates, lol. Your debates actually played a role in swaying me to the pro-life stance.
How about you?
Environmental protection. It was the issue I was most passionate about when I joined DDO (as you can tell from my avatar, which hasn't changed since 2012).

I am also very concerned about the injustices which developing nations face, such as those coming from the notorious TRIPS agreement.
I think it is well established that the only reason aliens come to earth is to slice up cows and examine inside peoples' bottoms. Unless you are a cow or suffer haemerrhoids I don't think there is anything to worry about from aliens. - keithprosser

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:
http://www.debate.org...

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
Philocat
Posts: 779
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 9:44:24 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/11/2015 9:33:51 AM, Diqiucun_Cunmin wrote:
At 6/11/2015 9:22:41 AM, Philocat wrote:
What it says on the tin ^

I am personally most passionate about abortion, it's a truly awful thing and it is even worse that so many people don't realise it!
I think most DDOers know that because of the sheer number of abortion debates, lol. Your debates actually played a role in swaying me to the pro-life stance.

It means a lot to hear you say that, often I feel as if I don't make any impact on people even when you're passionate on the issue :)

How about you?

Environmental protection. It was the issue I was most passionate about when I joined DDO (as you can tell from my avatar, which hasn't changed since 2012).

What sort of environmental protection? As in localised, clean, litter-free communities or on a a more global scale regarding ice caps and the ozone later?


I am also very concerned about the injustices which developing nations face, such as those coming from the notorious TRIPS agreement.
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Posts: 2,754
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 10:08:22 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/11/2015 9:44:24 AM, Philocat wrote:
At 6/11/2015 9:33:51 AM, Diqiucun_Cunmin wrote:
At 6/11/2015 9:22:41 AM, Philocat wrote:
What it says on the tin ^

I am personally most passionate about abortion, it's a truly awful thing and it is even worse that so many people don't realise it!
I think most DDOers know that because of the sheer number of abortion debates, lol. Your debates actually played a role in swaying me to the pro-life stance.

It means a lot to hear you say that, often I feel as if I don't make any impact on people even when you're passionate on the issue :)

How about you?

Environmental protection. It was the issue I was most passionate about when I joined DDO (as you can tell from my avatar, which hasn't changed since 2012).

What sort of environmental protection? As in localised, clean, litter-free communities or on a a more global scale regarding ice caps and the ozone later?
Both. I think they're not only compatible, but also mutually beneficial. I'm all for a cyclic economy, but the huge global issues with far-reaching impacts must not be ignored, either.

Though I'd remind you, I'm not really concerned about the ozone layer any more. You haven't heard much of it in the last decade or so because we're on the way to fixing it, thanks to the Montreal Protocol. Global warming is a far greater concern.

I am also very concerned about the injustices which developing nations face, such as those coming from the notorious TRIPS agreement.
I think it is well established that the only reason aliens come to earth is to slice up cows and examine inside peoples' bottoms. Unless you are a cow or suffer haemerrhoids I don't think there is anything to worry about from aliens. - keithprosser

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:
http://www.debate.org...

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
Envisage
Posts: 3,648
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 10:37:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/11/2015 9:22:41 AM, Philocat wrote:
What it says on the tin ^

I am personally most passionate about abortion, it's a truly awful thing and it is even worse that so many people don't realise it!

How about you?

1. Freedom of Information, Speech & Expression
2. Right to Education (more of a first world issue)
3. Abortion/Stem Cell Research/Embryo Research (they all have the same problems in statute, I am Pro on these of course)
4. Cultural Integration of Immigrants (the social divisions created in multiculturalism is seriously stressing the existing occupants).
5. Pretty much anything science related
PetersSmith
Posts: 6,894
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 10:46:39 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/11/2015 9:22:41 AM, Philocat wrote:
What it says on the tin ^

I am personally most passionate about abortion, it's a truly awful thing and it is even worse that so many people don't realise it!

How about you?

Annexation of Canada. Never Forget 1812.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
tejretics
Posts: 6,805
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 10:53:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/11/2015 9:22:41 AM, Philocat wrote:
What it says on the tin ^

I am personally most passionate about abortion, it's a truly awful thing and it is even worse that so many people don't realise it!

How about you?

-- Animal rights (at least in the utilitarian sense, where "rights" technically don't exist but you get what I mean) - Pro
-- Environmental protection - Pro
-- Global warming exists - Pro
-- God's existence - Con, somewhat
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass

http://gotejas.com...
Emilrose
Posts: 5,855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 11:25:34 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Whether strawberry flavored lollipops are superior to raspberry flavored lollipops.
At 12/7/2017 1:16:27 AM, Unstobbaple wrote:

If you're not Ems I generally just want you to stfu.

'Flash your tit-s on cam'~Unstoppable
Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 12:27:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/11/2015 11:25:34 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Whether strawberry flavored lollipops are superior to raspberry flavored lollipops.

Raspberry all the way.
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
UtherPenguin
Posts: 4,042
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 12:27:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/11/2015 10:46:39 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/11/2015 9:22:41 AM, Philocat wrote:
What it says on the tin ^

I am personally most passionate about abortion, it's a truly awful thing and it is even worse that so many people don't realise it!

How about you?

Annexation of Canada. Never Forget 1812.
https://www.youtube.com...
I bear witness that there is no God but Allah and that Muhammad (peace and blessing be upon him) is his messenger.
-GreyParrot
popculturepooka
Posts: 8,149
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 12:44:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Racism. People on DDO (generally speaking) are pretty bad on critical race theory/philosophy of race. Like terribad.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
philochristos
Posts: 3,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 1:27:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I feel passionately that people should not eat cake and ice cream together on a plate with a fork. Cake should be eaten on a plate or saucer with a fork; ice cream should be eaten in a bowl or out of a carton with a spoon. The only exception is brownie a la mode, but a brownie isn't really a cake, so this isn't really an exception.
"When a wise man has a controversy with a foolish man, the foolish man either rages or laughs, and there is no rest." ~Proverbs 29:9

"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
Emilrose
Posts: 5,855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 1:33:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/11/2015 12:27:04 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 6/11/2015 11:25:34 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Whether strawberry flavored lollipops are superior to raspberry flavored lollipops.

Raspberry all the way.

Oh I don't know, I love strawberry! But raspberry would be my 2nd favourite.
At 12/7/2017 1:16:27 AM, Unstobbaple wrote:

If you're not Ems I generally just want you to stfu.

'Flash your tit-s on cam'~Unstoppable
Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 1:33:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/11/2015 1:33:11 PM, Emilrose wrote:
At 6/11/2015 12:27:04 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 6/11/2015 11:25:34 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Whether strawberry flavored lollipops are superior to raspberry flavored lollipops.

Raspberry all the way.

Oh I don't know, I love strawberry! But raspberry would be my 2nd favourite.

Wait....we cant forget about blueberry!
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Emilrose
Posts: 5,855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 1:35:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/11/2015 1:33:34 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 6/11/2015 1:33:11 PM, Emilrose wrote:
At 6/11/2015 12:27:04 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 6/11/2015 11:25:34 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Whether strawberry flavored lollipops are superior to raspberry flavored lollipops.

Raspberry all the way.

Oh I don't know, I love strawberry! But raspberry would be my 2nd favourite.

Wait....we cant forget about blueberry!

True! Now I want one ^^
At 12/7/2017 1:16:27 AM, Unstobbaple wrote:

If you're not Ems I generally just want you to stfu.

'Flash your tit-s on cam'~Unstoppable
Lexus
Posts: 169
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 1:40:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I like to debate about
- Geniocracy
- Specific abortion bills
- Death penalty
- Term limits
- Gay marriage
- Flat earth
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 1:58:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
1. The future of religion
2. The future geopolitical landscape
3. Human privacy in the future (I think the U.N. should pass a resolution affirming privacy of mind as a fundamental human right)
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Skepsikyma
Posts: 9,379
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 3:41:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/11/2015 1:41:59 PM, Lexus wrote:
Oh, and giving plants the right to vote.

+1

Plants are people too!
"I thought about the Paschal Candle. Wounded in its wax, wounded in its wick, wounded in its light, having the Passion of Christ in it and having therefore the woundedness of the world in it, it was there at our cradle, going before us and guiding us in time, and now again, there it is at our coffin, going before us and guiding us into eternity."
- John Moriarty -

Virtutem videant intabescantque relicta
Skepsikyma
Posts: 9,379
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 3:42:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/11/2015 9:22:41 AM, Philocat wrote:
What it says on the tin ^

I am personally most passionate about abortion, it's a truly awful thing and it is even worse that so many people don't realise it!

How about you?

1. Historiography
2. Religion
3. Gay rights, though I'm sick of debating it.
4. Proper glassware and dining etiquette.
5. Geopolitics in general.
"I thought about the Paschal Candle. Wounded in its wax, wounded in its wick, wounded in its light, having the Passion of Christ in it and having therefore the woundedness of the world in it, it was there at our cradle, going before us and guiding us in time, and now again, there it is at our coffin, going before us and guiding us into eternity."
- John Moriarty -

Virtutem videant intabescantque relicta
ShabShoral
Posts: 4,199
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 11:01:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/11/2015 9:22:41 AM, Philocat wrote:
What it says on the tin ^

I am personally most passionate about abortion, it's a truly awful thing and it is even worse that so many people don't realise it!

How about you?

The law of identity.
: At 10/2/2017 3:00:43 AM, YYW wrote:
: Bossy: You are Regina.

:Inferno wrote:
:You sound rather gay.

-- And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

"I believe that my powers of mind are surely such that I would have become in a
certain sense a resolver of all problems. I do not believe that I could have remained in
error anywhere for long. I believe that I would have earned the name of Redeemer,
because I had the nature of a Redeemer. "
PatriotPerson
Posts: 1,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2015 2:18:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Censorship. Its a topic I really want to debate. What I mean by "censorship" is the censoring of subjects like pornography, gore, and language from the internet, movies, television, etc.
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
lannan13
Posts: 23,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2015 5:23:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/11/2015 9:22:41 AM, Philocat wrote:
What it says on the tin ^

I am personally most passionate about abortion, it's a truly awful thing and it is even worse that so many people don't realise it!

How about you?

Asteroid Mining, Milton Friedman Economics, and God's Existance.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
tejretics
Posts: 6,805
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 11:35:57 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/13/2015 11:33:17 AM, lieh wrote:
The fact that Hitler was a good man and the holohoax was exaggerated.

You should have gone till heil100. Why stop the numbers? XD
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass

http://gotejas.com...
Soccerloving
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2015 10:20:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am really passionate about gay rights which most people would say it's obvious because I am not heterosexual, but I am extremely passionate because all the arguments against it is either really rude and disregarding of facts or doesn't make too much sense, in my opinion.

I am also passionate about any form of equality because of course everyone deserves equality, and I also am passionate about environmental topics and animal rights and just a lot of things really.
~We decide what comes next~
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2015 3:17:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/11/2015 9:22:41 AM, Philocat wrote:
What it says on the tin ^

I am personally most passionate about abortion, it's a truly awful thing and it is even worse that so many people don't realise it!

How about you?

I assume you are referring to Political Issues?

Well...first the ones I could not care less about. Oh, I have my opinions--they are in my Bio--but it would not anger me if my stances were voted down once and for all on these....

Abortion

Death Penalty

Education Funding

Amnesty for Illegal Aliens

Gay Marriage.

My MAIN beef is with the absurd proliferation of the Entitlement State in America, since Barrack Hussein has been POTUS.

The Nanny State; Trying to Legislate Morality; Entitlement. People getting monthly checks for being dim; lazy, and obese. Most of them with substance abuse issues. I see this in the VA as well, where I am employed.

Those are MY Issues.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.