Jump to topic:

I need advice.

YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 12:08:49 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I have been reading about SNRI medications. This stands for serotonin neurepinephren reuptake inhibitor. SNRIs are better than SSRIs (serotonin reuptake inhibitor) because SNRIs manage two brain chemicals while SSRIs manage only one. I feel that an SNRI medication would be more effective than my Zoloft (an SSRI). How do I convince my mother and my doctore to make this change?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 1:35:29 AM
At 6/21/2015 12:08:49 AM, YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGod wrote:
I have been reading about SNRI medications. This stands for serotonin neurepinephren reuptake inhibitor. SNRIs are better than SSRIs (serotonin reuptake inhibitor) because SNRIs manage two brain chemicals while SSRIs manage only one. I feel that an SNRI medication would be more effective than my Zoloft (an SSRI). How do I convince my mother and my doctore to make this change?

Talk to your doctor about your premises for believing the medicine more effective. His response to your premises should tell you if your are informed correctly, or just straight up say you want to try it and see if it works better.
YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 1:50:36 AM
At 6/21/2015 1:35:29 AM, Wylted wrote:

Talk to your doctor about your premises for believing the medicine more effective. His response to your premises should tell you if your are informed correctly, or just straight up say you want to try it and see if it works better.
Thank you. I will. :)
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 10:02:05 AM
At 6/21/2015 1:50:36 AM, YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGod wrote:
At 6/21/2015 1:35:29 AM, Wylted wrote:

Thank you. I will. :)

If your doctor disagrees with you and you still really think this medication would be better for you, you should make friends with someone who works at a pharmacy and he or she can get it for you.

I had a friend in high school whose mom runs a pharmacy. Because of this, I had access to prescription drugs and I didn't even have to get a doctor's prescription. My friend and I used to snort Xanax and Valium in high school and get messed up hahahaha