Total Posts:19|Showing Posts:1-19
Jump to topic:

Anyone interested in giving writing feedback?

ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 4:11:50 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I've decided that I'm going to try and write a novel (or at least a short story). If anyone is interested in giving me feedback on sections as I write them, comment here and I'll PM you.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 10:11:10 AM
What is the novel about? Is like an Ayn Rand version of Superman?
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 10:13:15 AM
At 6/22/2015 4:11:50 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
I've decided that I'm going to try and write a novel (or at least a short story). If anyone is interested in giving me feedback on sections as I write them, comment here and I'll PM you.

Go for it. I don't see why not.
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 2:05:47 PM
At 6/22/2015 10:11:10 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

It's about the slow revelation of Objectivism to a man as he contenplates his life, so yes, lol
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 2:26:21 PM

I'll review it if you trust me enough, lol.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 2:30:06 PM
At 6/22/2015 2:05:47 PM, ShabShoral wrote:

It's about the slow revelation of Objectivism to a man as he contenplates his life, so yes, lol

http://static.tvtropes.org...
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 9:18:54 AM

A tragedy, then.
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 11:57:11 AM

I'd definitely be interested in helping.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 1:23:27 PM
At 6/23/2015 9:18:54 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

A tragedy, then.

):

~ Skepsikyma <3

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 1:40:41 PM

Cool.

Make sure ya put some Anton LaVey and CoS dogma in your novel. LaVey and Rand were friends, and he borrowed many of here tenets of Objectivism for his CoS "Mission Statement." A cursory reading of the Nine Satanic Sins, for example, will show this to anybody familiar with Randan thought.

Besides, it is always good to add a bit of flair to a novel, and a lot of people have been fascinated and/or disturbed by the much-maligned CoS over the years.

(I for example, once posted the Nine Satanic Sins on the Religious Forum--and...well, suffice it so say it did not go over very well. LOL.

If you decide to us this, let me know if you want any info in the CoS, as I am fairly schooled in their history and dogma.

Drew.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 6:48:48 PM
At 6/23/2015 1:40:41 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

Cool.

Make sure ya put some Anton LaVey and CoS dogma in your novel. LaVey and Rand were friends
Source?
and he borrowed many of here tenets of Objectivism for his CoS "Mission Statement." A cursory reading of the Nine Satanic Sins, for example, will show this to anybody familiar with Randan thought.

Besides, it is always good to add a bit of flair to a novel, and a lot of people have been fascinated and/or disturbed by the much-maligned CoS over the years.

(I for example, once posted the Nine Satanic Sins on the Religious Forum--and...well, suffice it so say it did not go over very well. LOL.

If you decide to us this, let me know if you want any info in the CoS, as I am fairly schooled in their history and dogma.

Drew.

LaVey was much more hedonistic and unprincipled than Rand. The only thing they have in common is the emphasis on the self - theIr particular means of furthering it are completely different.

~ Skepsikyma <3

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 6:51:12 PM
At 6/23/2015 6:48:48 PM, ShabShoral wrote:

Cool.

Make sure ya put some Anton LaVey and CoS dogma in your novel. LaVey and Rand were friends
Source?
and he borrowed many of here tenets of Objectivism for his CoS "Mission Statement." A cursory reading of the Nine Satanic Sins, for example, will show this to anybody familiar with Randan thought.

Drew.

LaVey was much more hedonistic and unprincipled than Rand. The only thing they have in common is the emphasis on the self - theIr particular means of furthering it are completely different.

https://friendsofjustice.wordpress.com...
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 7:12:58 PM
At 6/23/2015 6:51:12 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

Cool.

Source?

Drew.

Rand would have *hated* LaVey. Like I said, even if they both have some shared principles (I'm not denying that), they vary wildly on what is considered to advance one's life. See: http://www.objectivistliving.com...

~ Skepsikyma <3

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 8:29:07 PM
At 6/23/2015 7:12:58 PM, ShabShoral wrote:

Cool.

Source?

Drew.

Rand would have *hated* LaVey. Like I said, even if they both have some shared principles (I'm not denying that), they vary wildly on what is considered to advance one's life. See: http://www.objectivistliving.com...

You obviously are not aware of some of Rand's, umm..."indulgences" are you? LOL

Take a look at the Nine Satanic Sins and tell me that Rand would disagree with any of them.

Drew.
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 8:31:54 PM
At 6/23/2015 8:29:07 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

Cool.

Source?

Drew.

Take a look at the Nine Satanic Sins and tell me that Rand would disagree with any of them.

Drew.

The link I just sent details the exact differences.

~ Skepsikyma <3

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 8:34:21 PM

Cool.

Source?

Drew.

Drew.

Bossy's aware of everything about Rand.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 8:42:28 PM
At 6/23/2015 8:31:54 PM, ShabShoral wrote:

Cool.

Source?

Drew.

Drew.

The link I just sent details the exact differences.

I read the link and gotta say that although it made some valid points, I disagree with its final synopsis, which was that Randian Objectivism and LaVeyan Satanism are diamitrically opposed. Or, "In stark contrast." I think this is overly harsh. Oh, there are some differences, but there also remain irrefutable similarities.

Anyway...I do not want to get in the seamy position of defending LaVey or the CoS dogma. I am not an apologist for them; merely I find some merit in much of their ideas. (Probably more so than I do in christianity, to be honest). But LaVey at times was certainly full of bovine excrement. (I was married to a Satanist for two years, btw).

Too, I am not a big fan of Rand. Oh. I read her books in college because I had to. While in a general sense I prefer Objectivism over Socialism and the Nanny State Entitlement that has almost ruined America over the past decade, I also find Rand a bit sterile and superfluous. Lacking in the passion that a truly great ideology needs.

You will recall that my OP was only an suggestion to maybe add some CoS stuff in your book. You of course are free to disregard that idea. As, that is all it was.

Thanks!