Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

Deal-breakers for romantic relationships.

Gustav_Adolf_II
Posts: 80
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 6:36:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Post what things are deal-breakers if you were to be interested in a romantic relationship with someone, here are some of mine:

- they are a quiverfull
- they want and/or expect me to support them financially
- they want me to convert to their religion
- they want an 'open marriage' kind of relationship
- they want me to adopt some kind of ideology or join a political party I disagree with
- they are under-aged
- they hate any of my friends or family members whom I love without a good reason
- they are bigoted in any way
- they are a hypocrite
- they are a sadist and want me to be their masochist
- they want to isolate me from my friends and family
- they aren't prepared for a long-term commitment
"Quoting yourself only makes you look like an arrogant jerk" - Gustav_Adolf_II
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 10:19:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/22/2015 6:36:19 AM, Gustav_Adolf_II wrote:
Post what things are deal-breakers if you were to be interested in a romantic relationship with someone, here are some of mine:

- they are a quiverfull
- they want and/or expect me to support them financially
- they want me to convert to their religion
- they want an 'open marriage' kind of relationship
- they want me to adopt some kind of ideology or join a political party I disagree with
- they are under-aged
- they hate any of my friends or family members whom I love without a good reason
- they are bigoted in any way
- they are a hypocrite
- they are a sadist and want me to be their masochist
- they want to isolate me from my friends and family
- they aren't prepared for a long-term commitment

Mine:
She doesn't integrate well with my family, and vice versa.
She lacks social life outside of her relationship with myself
Is non-dimplomatic
Is black or male/transgender
Is devoutly religious in a way which causes friction - especially with Children.
Does not socially & domestically challenge me.
Doesn't have her own interests (career, social, philosophical, etc.)
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 1:28:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/22/2015 6:36:19 AM, Gustav_Adolf_II wrote:
Post what things are deal-breakers if you were to be interested in a romantic relationship with someone, here are some of mine:

- they are a quiverfull
- they want and/or expect me to support them financially
- they want me to convert to their religion
- they want an 'open marriage' kind of relationship
- they want me to adopt some kind of ideology or join a political party I disagree with
- they are under-aged
- they hate any of my friends or family members whom I love without a good reason
- they are bigoted in any way
- they are a hypocrite
- they are a sadist and want me to be their masochist
- they want to isolate me from my friends and family
- they aren't prepared for a long-term commitment

OK...I'm a Yank. What's a "quiverfull?"
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 1:36:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I don't know what a quiver full is either, though I'm not a Yank, fvck the north. I'm a confederate.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,067
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 1:44:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/22/2015 1:28:57 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 6/22/2015 6:36:19 AM, Gustav_Adolf_II wrote:
Post what things are deal-breakers if you were to be interested in a romantic relationship with someone, here are some of mine:

- they are a quiverfull
- they want and/or expect me to support them financially
- they want me to convert to their religion
- they want an 'open marriage' kind of relationship
- they want me to adopt some kind of ideology or join a political party I disagree with
- they are under-aged
- they hate any of my friends or family members whom I love without a good reason
- they are bigoted in any way
- they are a hypocrite
- they are a sadist and want me to be their masochist
- they want to isolate me from my friends and family
- they aren't prepared for a long-term commitment

OK...I'm a Yank. What's a "quiverfull?"

They wanna have tons of kids.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Gustav_Adolf_II
Posts: 80
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 3:37:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/22/2015 1:28:57 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 6/22/2015 6:36:19 AM, Gustav_Adolf_II wrote:
Post what things are deal-breakers if you were to be interested in a romantic relationship with someone, here are some of mine:

- they are a quiverfull
- they want and/or expect me to support them financially
- they want me to convert to their religion
- they want an 'open marriage' kind of relationship
- they want me to adopt some kind of ideology or join a political party I disagree with
- they are under-aged
- they hate any of my friends or family members whom I love without a good reason
- they are bigoted in any way
- they are a hypocrite
- they are a sadist and want me to be their masochist
- they want to isolate me from my friends and family
- they aren't prepared for a long-term commitment

OK...I'm a Yank. What's a "quiverfull?"

https://en.wikipedia.org...
"Quoting yourself only makes you look like an arrogant jerk" - Gustav_Adolf_II
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 3:41:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/22/2015 3:37:51 PM, Gustav_Adolf_II wrote:
At 6/22/2015 1:28:57 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 6/22/2015 6:36:19 AM, Gustav_Adolf_II wrote:
Post what things are deal-breakers if you were to be interested in a romantic relationship with someone, here are some of mine:

- they are a quiverfull
- they want and/or expect me to support them financially
- they want me to convert to their religion
- they want an 'open marriage' kind of relationship
- they want me to adopt some kind of ideology or join a political party I disagree with
- they are under-aged
- they hate any of my friends or family members whom I love without a good reason
- they are bigoted in any way
- they are a hypocrite
- they are a sadist and want me to be their masochist
- they want to isolate me from my friends and family
- they aren't prepared for a long-term commitment

OK...I'm a Yank. What's a "quiverfull?"

https://en.wikipedia.org...

Oh yeah..thanks!

"Breeders" in other words.

LOL--we have our own version of them in the U.S.

They are called Mormons.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 3:43:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/22/2015 10:19:18 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/22/2015 6:36:19 AM, Gustav_Adolf_II wrote:
Post what things are deal-breakers if you were to be interested in a romantic relationship with someone, here are some of mine:

- they are a quiverfull
- they want and/or expect me to support them financially
- they want me to convert to their religion
- they want an 'open marriage' kind of relationship
- they want me to adopt some kind of ideology or join a political party I disagree with
- they are under-aged
- they hate any of my friends or family members whom I love without a good reason
- they are bigoted in any way
- they are a hypocrite
- they are a sadist and want me to be their masochist
- they want to isolate me from my friends and family
- they aren't prepared for a long-term commitment

Mine:
She doesn't integrate well with my family, and vice versa.
She lacks social life outside of her relationship with myself
Is non-dimplomatic
Is black or male/transgender
Is devoutly religious in a way which causes friction - especially with Children.
Does not socially & domestically challenge me.
Doesn't have her own interests (career, social, philosophical, etc.)

Bad/unexpected experience?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 3:44:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/22/2015 3:43:48 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/22/2015 10:19:18 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/22/2015 6:36:19 AM, Gustav_Adolf_II wrote:
Post what things are deal-breakers if you were to be interested in a romantic relationship with someone, here are some of mine:

- they are a quiverfull
- they want and/or expect me to support them financially
- they want me to convert to their religion
- they want an 'open marriage' kind of relationship
- they want me to adopt some kind of ideology or join a political party I disagree with
- they are under-aged
- they hate any of my friends or family members whom I love without a good reason
- they are bigoted in any way
- they are a hypocrite
- they are a sadist and want me to be their masochist
- they want to isolate me from my friends and family
- they aren't prepared for a long-term commitment

Mine:
She doesn't integrate well with my family, and vice versa.
She lacks social life outside of her relationship with myself
Is non-dimplomatic
Is black or male/transgender
Is devoutly religious in a way which causes friction - especially with Children.
Does not socially & domestically challenge me.
Doesn't have her own interests (career, social, philosophical, etc.)

Bad/unexpected experience?

I simply don't find them attractive.
belladb8s
Posts: 46
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 10:31:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
-Unintelligent, cannot hold a conversation/debate with me (agreeing with everything I say doesn't count)
-Shorter than me (unlikely, I am barely over five feet)
- Narrow minded/ignorant
-Devoutly Christian
-Tries to sell me to Satan
-Into threesomes
-Not into long term commitment
-Wants to have a bunch of kids (I may have one, but I doubt it)
-Allergic to cats/dogs (maybe we can work it out...xD)
-Manipulative

there's more
intellectuallyprimitive
Posts: 1,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 1:09:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/22/2015 6:36:19 AM, Gustav_Adolf_II wrote:
Post what things are deal-breakers if you were to be interested in a romantic relationship with someone, here are some of mine:

- they are a quiverfull
- they want and/or expect me to support them financially
- they want me to convert to their religion
- they want an 'open marriage' kind of relationship
- they want me to adopt some kind of ideology or join a political party I disagree with
- they are under-aged
- they hate any of my friends or family members whom I love without a good reason
- they are bigoted in any way
- they are a hypocrite
- they are a sadist and want me to be their masochist
- they want to isolate me from my friends and family
- they aren't prepared for a long-term commitment

Stupendous question.

I am also pleased you specifically mentioned romantic relationship, because approaches, behavior, and actions vary within different types of relationships.

Here are a few deal breakers:
- strong disinterest in physical fitness or outdoors activities
- seek disingenuous financial exploits from me
- determined to influence a belief or ideology
- not enthusiastic regarding sexual endeavors
- obese
- not caring
- conceited (sometimes confused with confidence)

But here are aspects I seek, but are not absolutley necessary, in an individual for a romantic relationship:
- consciousness about their well being mentally and physically
- confident
- enjoys laughing and getting their hands dirty
- able to critically think
- enjoys sci-fi
- caring and appreciative for me as an individual
- enjoys venturing out and drinking a few beers and socializing
- enjoys the ocean