Jump to topic:

1,000 posts: Shout-outs

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2015 6:09:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Yay, my first milestone thread ^.^ I guess that means I'm officially addicted to DDO now :P I'll try to do shout-outs, but I'm only mentioning a few (otherwise I might start listing everyone lol) and there's no way anyone can write enough to do justice to some of these people. Here goes...

bsh1: Where do I start? You're kind and dedicated and a really good debater. But what I appreciate the most is the effort you put into helping new members. Debate was the thing that led me to this site initially, but the beginner series that you host for mafia is what kept me here. They're a ton of fun and they've helped me to make a lot of new friends. Thanks for organizing the March Beginner's Tournament as well--it was/is a good experience for me and I'm learning a lot. And your Star Trek game is pretty cool too, so hopefully you can host more games like that. Lastly, you're always quick to respond to my questions and to help when I need it. Thank you, and I'm sure you'll be an awesome president ^.^

YYW: We haven't talked that much, but there are some specific things that I really appreciate about you. Those periodic "It's ___day, DDO" (or some variation thereof) threads, for example. You give people a chance to share about their day, to vent if they need to, and you sympathize with them and cheer them up. I also think your debate-writing and judging guides are really useful--I have a feeling I'll continue to refer to them as I spend more time on this site. So thanks for that, and I hope we can play mafia together more too.

Skepsikyma: You played as a ringer in my first mafia game, and fooled me completely lol. Thanks for giving me advice about mafia. I also really enjoy the conversations we had about music; you introduced me to some wonderful pieces. You're also probably one of the smartest people I know. I'll read Discourses on Livy after I'm done with The Prince. It might take me a while though. And we should do a music debate sometime (I'll probably lose, but still).

ResponsiblyIrresponsible: You're one of the people I talk to the most recently, along with Rev. I like your long econ rants, even if I don't understand them, and your crazy mafia ideas, although I've never played in one yet. I enjoy chatting with you about a whole lot of stuff--you're a likable and funny person. And you'd better stay for when I take econ in 1-2 years lol. If Rev kills too many of your bunnies, I'll day-vig him for you :P

whiteflame: Thanks so much for the abundant help you've given me during bsh1's Beginner Tournament. I know oftentimes I waited until almost literally the last minute, so sorry about that :P It'll be interesting for you, coaching both sides of the same debate for skeptical and I lol. I'm suffering from this peculiar summer laziness though so this debate might not be my best >.< In short, I've learned a lot from you, and I really appreciate your advice.

ESocialBookworm: You're my spirit sister <3 You're bright and enthusiastic and you have a kind word for everyone. I still remember how you suddenly greeted me in one of our earliest conversations:
"Hi! My name is Annie.
We're going to be great friends. ^_^
*grabs you in a big hug*"
I've never met someone who straight up became friends with me like that before, so thank you :) Your various interviews are also very fun and interesting to read. We should definitely chat together more.

NiamC: You're probably one of the people I talked to the most when I first joined not so long ago. We had a lot of conversations about violin and classical music and composers, lol. I will never cease to be amazed at the fact that you can play nearly ten different instruments. I haven't seen you around for a while, but I hope you're still here.

RevNge: Put you last, Rev, just because :P I talk to you pretty often these days. You're definitely annoying sometimes, but overall you're fun to chat with and I enjoy playing mafia with you. I also think you're really smart, despite what you say on your profile. I wonder how quickly you'll make it to the top of the forum posts leaderboard; you're certainly getting there alarmingly fast. Oh and you're great at piano--if you ever make a video of "My Dearest," please send me a link :D

Okay, I'm done. I apologize if you think you should be on here and don't see your name--I wanted to keep this relatively short. I'm thankful for the DDO community in general though--I'm glad I joined this site.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2015 6:18:47 PM
At 6/25/2015 6:09:21 PM, Sapphique wrote:
ResponsiblyIrresponsible: You're one of the people I talk to the most recently, along with Rev. I like your long econ rants, even if I don't understand them, and your crazy mafia ideas, although I've never played in one yet. I enjoy chatting with you about a whole lot of stuff--you're a likable and funny person. And you'd better stay for when I take econ in 1-2 years lol. If Rev kills too many of your bunnies, I'll day-vig him for you :P

Woot, I was mentioned. :P

Congrats on 1k!
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2015 6:25:32 PM
RevNge: Put you last, Rev, just because :P

y u do dis T_T
I talk to you pretty often these days. You're definitely annoying sometimes, but overall you're fun to chat with and I enjoy playing mafia with you.

Thanks, I try. <3
I also think you're really smart, despite what you say on your profile. I wonder how quickly you'll make it to the top of the forum posts leaderboard; you're certainly getting there alarmingly fast.

*cackles*
Oh and you're great at piano--if you ever make a video of "My Dearest," please send me a link :D

I'm actually already working on it, lol. I can't do the octave glissandos, though. ;-;
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2015 6:29:37 PM
At 6/25/2015 6:25:32 PM, RevNge wrote:

y u do dis T_T
y u make fun of my username T_T
I talk to you pretty often these days. You're definitely annoying sometimes, but overall you're fun to chat with and I enjoy playing mafia with you.

Thanks, I try. <3
I also think you're really smart, despite what you say on your profile. I wonder how quickly you'll make it to the top of the forum posts leaderboard; you're certainly getting there alarmingly fast.

*cackles*
Oh and you're great at piano--if you ever make a video of "My Dearest," please send me a link :D

I'm actually already working on it, lol. I can't do the octave glissandos, though. ;-;
You'll get it in time, don't worry. I'm still struggling through NGNL lol
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2015 6:30:45 PM
At 6/25/2015 6:29:37 PM, Sapphique wrote:

y u do dis T_T

Because I find your reactions amusing.

Thanks, I try. <3

*cackles*

http://troll.me...
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2015 6:31:19 PM
At 6/25/2015 6:18:47 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

Woot, I was mentioned. :P
Lol, you're welcome.
Congrats on 1k!
Thanks!

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2015 6:33:30 PM

I'm Bulletproof though...
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2015 6:33:44 PM
At 6/25/2015 6:30:45 PM, RevNge wrote:

y u do dis T_T

"y u hate meh"

Thanks, I try. <3

*cackles*

Bah. I'm too busy with this:
https://www.youtube.com...

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2015 6:35:03 PM
At 6/25/2015 6:33:44 PM, Sapphique wrote:

y u do dis T_T

"y u hate meh"

I don't, though.

Thanks, I try. <3

*cackles*

Bruch pls
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2015 6:36:39 PM
At 6/25/2015 6:35:03 PM, RevNge wrote:

y u do dis T_T

"y u hate meh"

I don't, though.
Then stahp it

Thanks, I try. <3

*cackles*

Bruch pls
I see what you did there. But in all seriousness, that thing is hard.

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2015 6:37:55 PM
At 6/25/2015 6:36:39 PM, Sapphique wrote:

y u do dis T_T

"y u hate meh"

I don't, though.
Then stahp it

But it's fun. :3

Thanks, I try. <3

*cackles*

Bruch pls

I only got to 1:35 and my head is already overloaded with runs and double stops.
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2015 6:41:00 PM
At 6/25/2015 6:37:55 PM, RevNge wrote:

y u do dis T_T

"y u hate meh"

I don't, though.
Then stahp it

Hey. Respect your elders.

Thanks, I try. <3

*cackles*

Bruch pls

I only got to 1:35 and my head is already overloaded with runs and double stops.
Ya, how about 8 pages of the stuff?

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2015 6:43:06 PM
At 6/25/2015 6:41:00 PM, Sapphique wrote:

y u do dis T_T

"y u hate meh"

I don't, though.
Then stahp it

You're not that much older than me...

Also: http://ohtoptens.com...

Thanks, I try. <3

*cackles*

Bruch pls

Holy sh1t at 5:20. O.o
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2015 6:48:36 PM
At 6/25/2015 6:43:06 PM, RevNge wrote:

y u do dis T_T

"y u hate meh"

I don't, though.
Then stahp it

2 years is a long time for people around our age.
*rolls eyes* Obstinate child.

Thanks, I try. <3

*cackles*

Bruch pls

I'm actually working on that page right now. I can play it, but nowhere near fast enough lol.

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2015 6:55:00 PM
At 6/25/2015 6:48:36 PM, Sapphique wrote:

y u do dis T_T

"y u hate meh"

I don't, though.
Then stahp it

Touche.

Again, I try.

Thanks, I try. <3

*cackles*

Bruch pls

I'm actually working on that page right now. I can play it, but nowhere near fast enough lol.

Speaking of which, I challenge you to a music battle!

Fite me 1v1 rite nao
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2015 6:56:14 PM
At 6/25/2015 6:55:00 PM, RevNge wrote:

y u do dis T_T

"y u hate meh"

I don't, though.
Then stahp it

Touche.

Again, I try.

Thanks, I try. <3

*cackles*

Bruch pls

Fite me 1v1 rite nao
On piano? I'd lose immediately. On violin? I'm not done working on that piece yet.

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2015 6:59:48 PM
At 6/25/2015 6:56:14 PM, Sapphique wrote:

y u do dis T_T

"y u hate meh"

I don't, though.
Then stahp it

Touche.

Again, I try.

Thanks, I try. <3

*cackles*

Bruch pls

Fite me 1v1 rite nao
On piano? I'd lose immediately. On violin? I'm not done working on that piece yet.

Surely you know other pieces besides this one, though? :P
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2015 7:02:43 PM
At 6/25/2015 6:59:48 PM, RevNge wrote:

y u do dis T_T

"y u hate meh"

I don't, though.
Then stahp it

Touche.

Again, I try.

Thanks, I try. <3

*cackles*

Bruch pls

Fite me 1v1 rite nao

*frowns in annoyance* The last piece I worked on was several months ago (I do one major piece at a time and I've been doing the Scottish Fantasy for a while now) and I don't trust myself to play it as well as I was capable of doing when I still had it polished.

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2015 7:20:24 PM
At 6/25/2015 7:02:43 PM, Sapphique wrote:

y u do dis T_T

"y u hate meh"

I don't, though.
Then stahp it

Touche.

Again, I try.

Thanks, I try. <3

*cackles*

Bruch pls

Fite me 1v1 rite nao

*frowns in annoyance* The last piece I worked on was several months ago (I do one major piece at a time and I've been doing the Scottish Fantasy for a while now) and I don't trust myself to play it as well as I was capable of doing when I still had it polished.

You only work on one at a time? O.o
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2015 7:23:06 PM
At 6/25/2015 7:20:24 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 6/25/2015 7:02:43 PM, Sapphique wrote:

y u do dis T_T

"y u hate meh"

I don't, though.
Then stahp it

Touche.

Again, I try.

Thanks, I try. <3

*cackles*

Bruch pls

Fite me 1v1 rite nao

You only work on one at a time? O.o
One major piece at a time, yes. Plus etudes/exercises and scales or whatever. I would do more, but normally I don't have enough time for another piece of the same magnitude and difficulty, especially if I have orchestra repertoire as well.

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2015 9:00:41 PM
Thanks so much for the shout out, Saph. *hugs* You're a great user, and I think you can go a long way on the site!

Congrats on your first thousand! You're now eligible to join DDO Addicts Anonymous.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2015 9:25:03 PM
At 6/25/2015 9:00:41 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Thanks so much for the shout out, Saph. *hugs* You're a great user, and I think you can go a long way on the site!

Congrats on your first thousand! You're now eligible to join DDO Addicts Anonymous.

Thanks! That means a lot to me. And lol.

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2015 9:27:16 PM
At 6/25/2015 7:34:27 PM, YYW wrote:
Cheers :)

Thanks for the shout-out!

You're welcome ^.^ You definitely deserve at least that much.

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2015 9:27:23 PM
At 6/25/2015 9:25:03 PM, Sapphique wrote:
At 6/25/2015 9:00:41 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Thanks! That means a lot to me. And lol.

Sure thing!

;)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2015 9:34:00 PM

ESocialBookworm: You're my spirit sister <3 You're bright and enthusiastic and you have a kind word for everyone. I still remember how you suddenly greeted me in one of our earliest conversations:
<3
"Hi! My name is Annie.
Tehehe- well, I could tell immediately from your profile pic that we'd be fantastic friends <3
Endark doesn't understand out love for Ouran though XD
I've never met someone who straight up became friends with me like that before, so thank you :)
Thank you for being awesome <3
Your various interviews are also very fun and interesting to read.
Why thank you!
We should definitely chat together more.
Ofc!
It's great to have excellent, new, young members like you stay on the site :-)
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2015 9:34:11 PM

CONGRATS HONEY <#
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2015 9:49:14 PM
At 6/25/2015 9:34:11 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

CONGRATS HONEY <#

Look at my post count :D
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2015 10:23:17 PM
At 6/25/2015 9:34:00 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

<3
"Hi! My name is Annie.
Tehehe- well, I could tell immediately from your profile pic that we'd be fantastic friends <3
Endark doesn't understand out love for Ouran though XD
Lol, Ouran is the best. And Kyoya is amazing. Did you ever end up watching that video I showed you? If you don't remember, just go to YouTube and type in "Kyoya Be Prepared." It should be the first one. Always worth a re-watch :)
I've never met someone who straight up became friends with me like that before, so thank you :)
Thank you for being awesome <3
You're more awesome <3
Your various interviews are also very fun and interesting to read.
Why thank you!
Sure. Especially the presidential election ones.
We should definitely chat together more.
Ofc!
It's great to have excellent, new, young members like you stay on the site :-)
Aww thanks :D Glad to be here.

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2015 10:23:42 PM
At 6/25/2015 9:34:11 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

CONGRATS HONEY <#

Thanks ^.^