Jump to topic:

Silly Superstitions?

Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2015 5:49:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Do any of you engage in silly superstitions? You know: ones that you know full-well, when you honestly think about them logically-- really aren't going to help or hurt you if you do or do not practice them? Yet..for whatever reason, you do. You know: just to be sure! LOL.

I am a skeptic on many things. Perhaps most. An atheist. And I love science. Yet, I have over the years been unable to cease practicing a couple.

Knock on Wood. Yep..if I am talking about something that is potentially bad or harmful, but has not happened to me yet, I always knock wood. Oh, I have even walked across a room to do it, for example to get to a wooden desk or table, if there wasn't already one within reaching distance.

(An interesting bit of trivia on this custom. It stems from an old Celtic, or Druid practice. These guys had a nature-based religion, not unlike that of our Native Americans. And so they believed things like trees had spirits inside them. So they would knock on a tree trunk as a sort of homage to the Spirit inside.)

I never step on a crack in the pavement. Or a painted line, if I can at all avoid it. Although, I am not nearly as adamant on this one as I am with Knocking Wood This one goes back to high school, where are friend of mine, a fellow gymnast, had this practice. And just for fun, I practiced it for a couple days prior to a meet. I won both my events, against highly-favored opponents. LOL. In retrospect, I think they just had a bad day.
But ya never know!

So...how about you?
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 9:21:17 AM
At 7/1/2015 5:49:45 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

Knock on Wood. Yep..if I am talking about something that is potentially bad or harmful, but has not happened to me yet, I always knock wood. Oh, I have even walked across a room to do it, for example to get to a wooden desk or table, if there wasn't already one within reaching distance.

I also do this. If there's no wood nearby I force myself to have a boner and I knock on that.

I never step on a crack in the pavement. Or a painted line, if I can at all avoid it. Although, I am not nearly as adamant on this one as I am with Knocking Wood This one goes back to high school, where are friend of mine, a fellow gymnast, had this practice. And just for fun, I practiced it for a couple days prior to a meet. I won both my events, against highly-favored opponents. LOL. In retrospect, I think they just had a bad day.

I also do this.

So...how about you?

Whenever I turn off the lights in my room, I feel like ghosts are going to kill me if I don't immediately jump on my bed without touching the ground and get under the covers.

My friend taught me this one, it's called the Wish Cigarette. whenever I open a fresh pack of cigarettes, I turn one upside down in the pack and save it for last. When all the cigarettes have been smoked, leaving the upside down cigarette left. While I light the last cigarette, I can make a realistic wish and it's supposed to come true. I always made the same wish and it true lol.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 12:39:20 PM
At 7/2/2015 9:21:17 AM, Defro wrote:

I also do this. If there's no wood nearby I force myself to have a boner and I knock on that.

I also do this.

So...how about you?

Whenever I turn off the lights in my room, I feel like ghosts are going to kill me if I don't immediately jump on my bed without touching the ground and get under the covers.

My friend taught me this one, it's called the Wish Cigarette. whenever I open a fresh pack of cigarettes, I turn one upside down in the pack and save it for last. When all the cigarettes have been smoked, leaving the upside down cigarette left. While I light the last cigarette, I can make a realistic wish and it's supposed to come true. I always made the same wish and it true lol.

I think both of those are awesome! I especially like the idea of a "Wish Cigarette."

Have any of those wishes you made ever come true, as far as you know?

Thanks!
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 12:53:31 PM
When I'm in bed about to go to sleep, I make sure my feet are covered up, or else a monster will attack my feet.
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 1:31:33 PM
At 7/2/2015 12:39:20 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 7/2/2015 9:21:17 AM, Defro wrote:

I also do this.

So...how about you?

I think both of those are awesome! I especially like the idea of a "Wish Cigarette."

Have any of those wishes you made ever come true, as far as you know?

Thanks!

Yeah, I always wished I would get accepted to University because I only applied to one school so if I don't get accepted I'm screwed. I ended up getting accepted with a 65% scholarship!

Now I just wish for vague stuff like world peace, things like that. I'm not supposed to reveal my wishes or supposedly they won't work.
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 1:48:15 PM
At 7/2/2015 12:53:31 PM, Lee001 wrote:
When I'm in bed about to go to sleep, I make sure my feet are covered up, or else a monster will attack my feet.

OMG YES!!!

Do you also fold the ends of the blanket under your body so that it's like you're sleeping in a sleeping bag?
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 1:55:50 PM
At 7/2/2015 1:48:15 PM, Defro wrote:

OMG YES!!!

Do you also fold the ends of the blanket under your body so that it's like you're sleeping in a sleeping bag?

Lolol!! Yes!

Gotta make sure those monsters cant get me too easily!
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 1:57:36 PM
At 7/2/2015 1:55:50 PM, Lee001 wrote:

OMG YES!!!

Lolol!! Yes!

Whenever I do that, I feel like a caterpillar in a caccoon and I'm going to wake up a butterfly.
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 6:13:33 PM
At 7/2/2015 1:57:36 PM, Defro wrote:

OMG YES!!!

Lolol!! Yes!

Whenever I do that, I feel like a caterpillar in a caccoon and I'm going to wake up a butterfly.

Omg...that happened to me once.

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 6:24:09 PM

After using the restroom at night, I run back to my room for fear of monsters.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 6:24:39 PM

OMG YES!!!

Only when I'm in an unfamiliar place.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 6:24:51 PM
At 7/2/2015 6:24:09 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Omg...that's another scary thing! I don't even go to the restroom at night...I wait till morning in fear someone might kill me!

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 6:30:14 PM
At 7/2/2015 6:24:51 PM, Lee001 wrote:

Omg...that's another scary thing! I don't even go to the restroom at night...I wait till morning in fear someone might kill me!

IKR, but I don't want to pee my bed though. :P

I guess another weird one I have is when I use the restroom I check the toilets. This is because when I was little I was a scary movie where the toilets had these killer like worms in them that would crawl up your butt and kill you when you were taking a dump.

Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 6:52:57 PM
At 7/2/2015 6:30:14 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 7/2/2015 6:24:51 PM, Lee001 wrote:

IKR, but I don't want to pee my bed though. :P

I guess another weird one I have is when I use the restroom I check the toilets. This is because when I was little I was a scary movie where the toilets had these killer like worms in them that would crawl up your butt and kill you when you were taking a dump.

WTF... /.\ Scary! lolol

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2015 4:03:27 PM
I never step on cracks, they will break my mommas back if I do.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2015 8:13:40 PM

LOL--that is Sooo cute!

(I would tickle them with a feather!)
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2015 8:15:32 PM
At 7/2/2015 1:57:36 PM, Defro wrote:

OMG YES!!!

Lolol!! Yes!

And a similar thing once happened to a guy named Franz Kafka!
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2015 8:17:24 PM
At 7/3/2015 8:13:40 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

LOL--that is Sooo cute!

Omg...no /.\

Then i'd kick you.

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2015 6:07:51 PM
At 7/3/2015 8:17:24 PM, Lee001 wrote:

LOL--that is Sooo cute!

Omg...no /.\

Then i'd kick you.

Are you sure you'd kick me?

After all....you might like it! LOL.

I am good at getting young women to squeal with delight.
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 12:53:05 AM
At 7/4/2015 6:07:51 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

LOL--that is Sooo cute!

Omg...no /.\

Then i'd kick you.

F*ck you pervert.

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 3:35:23 PM
At 7/5/2015 12:53:05 AM, Lee001 wrote:

LOL--that is Sooo cute!

Omg...no /.\

Then i'd kick you.

F*ck you pervert.

Ummm...not very christian like, young lady.

A bit jealous, perhaps?

LOL.
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 6:02:32 PM
At 7/5/2015 3:35:23 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

LOL--that is Sooo cute!

Omg...no /.\

Then i'd kick you.

F*ck you pervert.

A bit jealous, perhaps?

LOL.

Jealous....offfff what exactly?

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 6:13:16 PM

LOL--that is Sooo cute!

Omg...no /.\

Then i'd kick you.

I wish I didn't read this.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 6:13:39 PM
At 7/5/2015 6:02:32 PM, Lee001 wrote:

LOL--that is Sooo cute!

Omg...no /.\

Then i'd kick you.

F*ck you pervert.

A bit jealous, perhaps?

LOL.

He's trying to say that you're jealous of him, lol.
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 6:14:18 PM
At 7/5/2015 6:13:39 PM, RevNge wrote:

LOL--that is Sooo cute!

Omg...no /.\

Then i'd kick you.

F*ck you pervert.

A bit jealous, perhaps?

LOL.

Yeah, I know that. But I'm saying their is nothing to be jealous of.

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 6:17:07 PM
At 7/5/2015 6:14:18 PM, Lee001 wrote:

LOL--that is Sooo cute!

Omg...no /.\

Then i'd kick you.

F*ck you pervert.

A bit jealous, perhaps?

LOL.

*there

<3
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 6:17:53 PM
At 7/5/2015 6:17:07 PM, RevNge wrote:

LOL--that is Sooo cute!

Omg...no /.\

Then i'd kick you.

F*ck you pervert.

A bit jealous, perhaps?

LOL.

*there

<3

He's a f*cking perv..

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 6:19:29 PM
At 7/5/2015 6:17:53 PM, Lee001 wrote:

LOL--that is Sooo cute!

Omg...no /.\

Then i'd kick you.

F*ck you pervert.

A bit jealous, perhaps?

LOL.

*there

<3

He's a f*cking perv..

I still remember when you accused me of being a pervert when we first met, lol.

No matter what website it is, though, there will always be an excess of pervs on the Internet.
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 6:20:00 PM
At 7/5/2015 6:19:29 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 7/5/2015 6:17:53 PM, Lee001 wrote:

LOL--that is Sooo cute!

Omg...no /.\

Then i'd kick you.

F*ck you pervert.

A bit jealous, perhaps?

LOL.

*there

<3

He's a f*cking perv..

I still remember when you accused me of being a pervert when we first met, lol.

No matter what website it is, though, there will always be an excess of pervs on the Internet.

I know...that was funny /.\ lol..

My hubby Hayd <3 <3