Jump to topic:

I screwed up

Rubikx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 7:40:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
So I don't know how many of you have heard of it, but where I live we have a thing every year called the Calgary Stampede. Its basically just a HUGE rodeo with tons of cowboy related stuff and it goes on for 10 days a year. Its basically the single biggest event in our city and is called "the greatest outdoor show on earth" and thousands of people from all over the country, and even other countries, come every year.

So I'm working at it this year in the parking department, so I basically tell people where to park and help direct cars/pedestrians. Today I was directing traffic at the largest of three entrances and I had stopped this black SUV at the front of the line while other traffic was going through the intersection. But the driver kept slowly moving forward and I kept signalling for him to stop. Finally I let him go forward and the passenger leaned out of the window and IT WAS OUR MAYOR!!!! I JUST MADE OUR MAYOR WAIT IN TRAFFIC FOR TEN MINUTES WHILE ANGRILY SIGNALLING FOR HIM TO STAY PUT AT THE BIGGEST PUBLIC EVENT OF THE YEAR!
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 7:57:23 PM
At 7/6/2015 7:40:27 PM, Rubikx wrote:
So I don't know how many of you have heard of it, but where I live we have a thing every year called the Calgary Stampede. Its basically just a HUGE rodeo with tons of cowboy related stuff and it goes on for 10 days a year. Its basically the single biggest event in our city and is called "the greatest outdoor show on earth" and thousands of people from all over the country, and even other countries, come every year.

So I'm working at it this year in the parking department, so I basically tell people where to park and help direct cars/pedestrians. Today I was directing traffic at the largest of three entrances and I had stopped this black SUV at the front of the line while other traffic was going through the intersection. But the driver kept slowly moving forward and I kept signalling for him to stop. Finally I let him go forward and the passenger leaned out of the window and IT WAS OUR MAYOR!!!! I JUST MADE OUR MAYOR WAIT IN TRAFFIC FOR TEN MINUTES WHILE ANGRILY SIGNALLING FOR HIM TO STAY PUT AT THE BIGGEST PUBLIC EVENT OF THE YEAR!

He's just a human like you and I. no biggie :)
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Sharku
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 8:07:22 PM
If he's a good mayor, he'll respect you're doing your job and that he has to wait in traffic just like everyone else.

He takes a sh!t in the morning just like everyone else. A title doesn't make him special.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 8:38:51 PM
At 7/6/2015 7:40:27 PM, Rubikx wrote:

Don't sweat it, amigo. You were just doing your job. Oh, perhaps you were a bit over-zealous, but so what?

BTW: I live in Prescott, AZ. We just had our annual Frontier Days Rodeo. It is the stop on the circuit for those cowboys before yours is! They say ours is the "World's Oldest" but I am not sure of the veracity of that claim.

You did fine, bro. Don't sweat it. Besides, don't it feel good to flaunt authority once in awhile? LOL
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.