Total Posts:7|Showing Posts:1-7
Jump to topic:

Any Motorcyclists in the House?

Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 6:36:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Being a hopeless adrenaline junkie, I love motorcycles. Always have; and I've been riding since high school when I had my first bike: a Husqvarna 250 Enduro. Nowadays, and for years, it's been street Bikes. I am currently riding a Honda Shadow ACE 1100. Sweet. It's Honda's Harley knock-off.

Any other bike enthusiasts around? If so, I would like to hear from you. Types of bikes; questions, comments, rants, whatever.

Thanks!
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
sadolite
Posts: 8,837
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 9:08:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 6:36:46 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
Being a hopeless adrenaline junkie, I love motorcycles. Always have; and I've been riding since high school when I had my first bike: a Husqvarna 250 Enduro. Nowadays, and for years, it's been street Bikes. I am currently riding a Honda Shadow ACE 1100. Sweet. It's Honda's Harley knock-off.

Any other bike enthusiasts around? If so, I would like to hear from you. Types of bikes; questions, comments, rants, whatever.

Thanks!

I have had about 11 different motorcycles my favorite was a KZ1300 did a frame off restoration. Sold it about 2 years ago. It got published in the catalog of motorcycles. Bikez.com link http://www.bikez.com...

Before http://www.debate.org...

After http://www.debate.org...

Now I am building a monkey bike (Honda Z 50) for my son. Just got an extended swing arm and some new trick shocks next inverted forks with disc brakes and a 88cc big bore kit.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 9:13:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 9:08:45 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 7/7/2015 6:36:46 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
Being a hopeless adrenaline junkie, I love motorcycles. Always have; and I've been riding since high school when I had my first bike: a Husqvarna 250 Enduro. Nowadays, and for years, it's been street Bikes. I am currently riding a Honda Shadow ACE 1100. Sweet. It's Honda's Harley knock-off.

Any other bike enthusiasts around? If so, I would like to hear from you. Types of bikes; questions, comments, rants, whatever.

Thanks!

I have had about 11 different motorcycles my favorite was a KZ1300 did a frame off restoration. Sold it about 2 years ago. It got published in the catalog of motorcycles. Bikez.com link http://www.bikez.com...

Before http://www.debate.org...

After http://www.debate.org...


Now I am building a monkey bike (Honda Z 50) for my son. Just got an extended swing arm and some new trick shocks next inverted forks with disc brakes and a 88cc big bore kit.

Nice! You did a great job on it. I wish I had your mechanical ability. All I can do is maintenance.

Ahh..Kawasaki! The KZ was a fast bike. When it came out in '82 it might have been the fastest production street bike? I didn't even know the KZ's displacement went up to 1300. I thought 1000 was the biggest.

My 1st street bike was a little ol' Kawasaki 450LTD. Then of course, after about six months I needed more speed, and traded-up to a Suzuki GS1100. Four-banger. That baby moved! A Ninja Eater. LOL.

Do you still ride? Florida is great bike weather. Just like here in AZ.

Thanks!

Drew
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 1:08:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Just motorcross!
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
wsmunit7
Posts: 1,318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2015 9:26:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I am 65 y.o and live on a very modest pension. I have been riding motorcycles of an on for 40+ years. I live in the desert southwest where you can ride rear round.

Living on a limited income, I cannot justify the expense of $300 / month car payment, $100+ / month insurance, and20 MPG gas @ $3.00 / gal.

So, last year I bought a new Honda CBR250R for <$4,000. Paid cash, so no monthly payment. Full coverage insurance <$50 / month, 65 MPG around town, 75 MPG highway. My monthly cast of ownership is < $60.

The bike is lightweight and maneuverable in city traffic yet I can comfortable cruise the Interstates at 75 MPH with throttle left. I have a Torc helmet with FM stereo and Bluetooth for music from my cell phone, intercom capability, and voice activated cell phone usage. For cooler weather, I have leather jacket / pants / gloves. I have Nelson - Riggs removable saddle bags that carry most anything I need to carry with me. About the only time I don't ride the bike is when i do my big, once a month grocery shopping trip. Then I take the bus to the store and a taxi home ($6.00 R/T).

I am very happy with the transportation arrangement I have.

You can view pictures of the bike in the public photo albumn in my profile.
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2015 7:40:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/9/2015 9:26:52 AM, wsmunit7 wrote:
I am 65 y.o and live on a very modest pension. I have been riding motorcycles of an on for 40+ years. I live in the desert southwest where you can ride rear round.

Living on a limited income, I cannot justify the expense of $300 / month car payment, $100+ / month insurance, and20 MPG gas @ $3.00 / gal.

So, last year I bought a new Honda CBR250R for <$4,000. Paid cash, so no monthly payment. Full coverage insurance <$50 / month, 65 MPG around town, 75 MPG highway. My monthly cast of ownership is < $60.

The bike is lightweight and maneuverable in city traffic yet I can comfortable cruise the Interstates at 75 MPH with throttle left. I have a Torc helmet with FM stereo and Bluetooth for music from my cell phone, intercom capability, and voice activated cell phone usage. For cooler weather, I have leather jacket / pants / gloves. I have Nelson - Riggs removable saddle bags that carry most anything I need to carry with me. About the only time I don't ride the bike is when i do my big, once a month grocery shopping trip. Then I take the bus to the store and a taxi home ($6.00 R/T).

I am very happy with the transportation arrangement I have.

You can view pictures of the bike in the public photo albumn in my profile.

Nice. I am sort of surprised though, that a 250 cc bike still has some throttle left at 75 mph! But yeah, just as is the case with automobile engines, mc engines are more efficient these days than in the past.

I live in AZ also. Prescott. Where is Rio Rico? I am guessing way down south, by Tuscon?
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
wsmunit7
Posts: 1,318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2015 1:12:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/11/2015 7:40:27 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 7/9/2015 9:26:52 AM, wsmunit7 wrote:
I am 65 y.o and live on a very modest pension. I have been riding motorcycles of an on for 40+ years. I live in the desert southwest where you can ride rear round.

Living on a limited income, I cannot justify the expense of $300 / month car payment, $100+ / month insurance, and20 MPG gas @ $3.00 / gal.

So, last year I bought a new Honda CBR250R for <$4,000. Paid cash, so no monthly payment. Full coverage insurance <$50 / month, 65 MPG around town, 75 MPG highway. My monthly cast of ownership is < $60.

The bike is lightweight and maneuverable in city traffic yet I can comfortable cruise the Interstates at 75 MPH with throttle left. I have a Torc helmet with FM stereo and Bluetooth for music from my cell phone, intercom capability, and voice activated cell phone usage. For cooler weather, I have leather jacket / pants / gloves. I have Nelson - Riggs removable saddle bags that carry most anything I need to carry with me. About the only time I don't ride the bike is when i do my big, once a month grocery shopping trip. Then I take the bus to the store and a taxi home ($6.00 R/T).

I am very happy with the transportation arrangement I have.

You can view pictures of the bike in the public photo albumn in my profile.

Nice. I am sort of surprised though, that a 250 cc bike still has some throttle left at 75 mph! But yeah, just as is the case with automobile engines, mc engines are more efficient these days than in the past.

I live in AZ also. Prescott. Where is Rio Rico? I am guessing way down south, by Tuscon?

Yes, I was truly surprised by the performance of a 250cc machine. I had also looked at the Honda Rebel 250cc, but it doesn't come close to the performance of the CBR250. It has electronic fuel injection, water cooled, and I believe a computer module for air / fuel ratio.

There are several videos on youtube showing the CBR250 in action, including top end runs. Top end is supposed to be about 105 MPH.

I don't live in Rio Rico any longer. I am now in Tucson.