Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

Which issues are you most apathetic about?

Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 10:52:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Abortion. It's such a tired topic.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 11:18:31 AM
Abortion.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 3:29:10 PM
At 7/18/2015 6:20:27 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
Which controversial issue are you most apathetic about?

For me it's Drug Legalization

Abortion

Confederate Flag Issue

Who will be our next POTUS
(It doesn't really make a a difference. It is Congress' obsession with infighting and not allowing passage of ANY legislation from across the aisle that is the big problem. Along with K Street's absurd influence on them.)
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 5:35:15 PM

All of them except (1) universal single payer health care, (2) public universities being completely funded by tax payers (read: eliminating tuition costs to students while at their universities), (3) eliminating welfare administration entirely, (4) near universal drug legalization, and (5) eliminating all statuary limits on tort recovery in civil law suits (read: repealing the idiotic laws that Republicans pushed through in the 80's and 90's that force taxpayers to bear the costs of, for example, medical malpractice, while giving incompetent doctors a windfall by shielding them from individual responsibility).

(There are other legal changes that I would make (for example, create a national trust fund to compensate victims who were harmed by generic drugs like generic pain patches, generic actuate, etc.), but those aren't really political issues which -even though it's not specifically outlined in the title- generally seems to be the "kind" of issues the OP is concerned with, given the nature of his response... but I digress.)

So... yeah. Unless an issue is, or comes close to one of the topics I listed.... I generally don't care.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 6:25:37 PM

Abortion, I'm neither angry at people for killing their children, nor supportive of them doing so. Unfortunately people always try to drag me into abortion debates.
Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 6:28:01 PM
There are so many honestly, but a few.

Abortion

Gender Equality [in the West, I believe it's no longer a concerning issue here]

Drug Legalization
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 6:29:35 PM
Oh, I also don't care about the confederate flag. I think the people offended by it are clearly idiots unaware of it's current meaning or usage. I also think people who proudly wave it are idiots. I just generally annoyed at anyone over prows of their region, by it the south their country, state or city.

So idiots that fly the confederate flag are equally as stupid as idiots who fly the PuertoRican flag.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 6:30:49 PM
Gay marriage and abortion.

They're just SO boring.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 6:33:22 PM
At 7/19/2015 5:35:15 PM, YYW wrote:

All of them except (1) universal single payer health care, (2) public universities being completely funded by tax payers (read: eliminating tuition costs to students while at their universities), (3) eliminating welfare administration entirely, (4) near universal drug legalization, and (5) eliminating all statuary limits on tort recovery in civil law suits (read: repealing the idiotic laws that Republicans pushed through in the 80's and 90's that force taxpayers to bear the costs of, for example, medical malpractice, while giving incompetent doctors a windfall by shielding them from individual responsibility*).

(There are other legal changes that I would make (for example, create a national trust fund to compensate victims who were harmed by generic drugs like generic pain patches, generic actuate, etc.), but those aren't really political issues which -even though it's not specifically outlined in the title- generally seems to be the "kind" of issues the OP is concerned with, given the nature of his response... but I digress.)

So... yeah. Unless an issue is, or comes close to one of the topics I listed.... I generally don't care.

*having to bear the costs of their incompetence
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 7:33:05 PM
I also don't care about Gay marriage. I actually felt like democrats were sabotaging the legalization of that, because it would lose them some one issue voters, though. I just feel like gay marriage is something that would have been legalized 15 years ago, if not for the internal sabotage.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2015 4:58:32 AM

Drug legalization
National health care
Social security
Confederate flag issue
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass