Jump to topic:

Hello from the West Coast!

August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 9:52:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hi everybody. I just wanted to take a sec to introduce myself to you guys. I'm new.

I live in California, USA. I am a personal trainer and have my own business, catering primarily to MMA fighters. I also co-own a CrossFit "box."

I am a Born Asian Christian. Recently salvaged by the Lord--about a year ago. I spent most of my life as an angry, skeptical Atheist. I attacked Christianity whenever I could.

I am still skekptical on many ideas about the supernatural and the paranormal. And I love science and read alot about it.. But the time came when I could no longer ignore God screaming at me. His Grace. I wont bore you with my testimony. Not now, anyway!

But I did have an unshakable religious experience. Some call it an epiphany? Perhaps later we will talk about it.
I look forward to talking about and debating religion. I have sort of been into the other side of the map..as far as believing in God. So I can certainly see and understand the Atheists' points. I think when one has a religious awakening it is like hearing a soaring classical music piece or seeing a great art picture that almost brings tears to your eyes.
By that I mean it is hard to explain and difficult to convince anybody the power of it unless they have also felt it.

Enough out of me. I hope to meet you all later in the threads.

ps.......my username is the name of my fave christian rock band. i also love classical music and play the violin. seven years of lessons now. I quit for awhile and picked it up after being saved, and i swear i could play better. my teacher was amazed and accused my of practicing for hours a day and not telling him..when really i had not picked up the violin on a couple of years.
a gift form God? I think so but cannot prove it, of course.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 12:08:33 AM
Here we don't really think of West Coast and East Coast. We divide ourselves strictly by timezone.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 6:18:57 PM
At 7/21/2015 10:47:41 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Hi Saint_of_Me.

you give me too much credit. even though I have been saved I am far from being a saint. I still sin, but the difference now is that I usually know it when I do and try to correct it. but "hello" anyway.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!