Jump to topic:

Would you cheat?

XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 8:08:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Let's say you are already married, but you met someone who is better looking, has better personality, and richer than your partner. You like him/her and he/she likes you. After some time, you realized that you love him/her and he/she loves you too.

Would you cheat? Or divorce your partner to be with your 'true' love?

Will your answer be the same if you're not married but has a boyfriend/girlfriend?
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 8:26:40 AM
I cheated on my action man!

The other action man just has better looks, better personality and is so much more richer.

This is him waiting for a train to come and see me: http://i.imgur.com...

SO excited! <3
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 10:01:54 AM
At 7/22/2015 8:08:09 AM, XLAV wrote:
Let's say you are already married, but you met someone who is better looking, has better personality, and richer than your partner. You like him/her and he/she likes you. After some time, you realized that you love him/her and he/she loves you too.

Will your answer be the same if you're not married but has a boyfriend/girlfriend?

I'd try to keep them both. If they loved me, they'd both respect my choice to fvck both of them on a regular basis.
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 10:45:49 AM

Cheating on a girlfriend is not like divorce. It basically means that you love the other guy or girl. So if it is true that you love the 'new' guy then it is not cheating by definition.
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 10:57:20 AM
At 7/22/2015 8:26:40 AM, Emilrose wrote:

The other action man just has better looks, better personality and is so much more richer.

SO excited! <3

Omg, that's my man. WTF?
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 11:08:58 AM
I'd prefer to believe that I would not.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 12:10:36 PM

IMO, the cheating has already begun if it has reached this point.
But, no, I would not.

If I was not engaged, I would likely not cheat but leave her for the other her. If I was engaged, I don't know.
My work here is, finally, done.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 12:28:39 PM

SO excited! <3

So handsome! <3
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 1:14:10 PM
At 7/22/2015 12:28:39 PM, XLAV wrote:

SO excited! <3

So handsome! <3

I know! He the sexiest xD
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 1:15:54 PM
At 7/22/2015 10:57:20 AM, Lee001 wrote:

SO excited! <3

Omg, that's my man. WTF?

Aww sorry! He didn't tell me, I swear!

August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 6:13:38 PM

It sounds like you are giving us a question about a pretend idea but it is really about you?

Thinking of cheating? You are too young to even be in a sex relationship I think.

But that is not my place to say. Before I was Born Again I cheated all the time on my ex wife, and she was a gorgeous and truly good person. But now I see how wrong it is. It's not that I am one of those who think God will punish you for it. I dont think He really cares as that is small potatoes stuff to Him. He has bigger worries. Besides ot everyone is Saved anyway no matter how good they are. And some sinners will be Saved. but thats off the topic, huh?

One thing I do now know is that women and girls cheat as much as men, maybe more.

Good luck figuring out to cheat or not. I would say no, but Im not your daddy. Ha!
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 6:33:07 PM
I don't have a partner so it wouldn't be cheating. Of course, I'm positive this person would run the other way once he got to know me better.

Que sera, sera
Such
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 2:50:11 PM
At 7/22/2015 12:10:36 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

IMO, the cheating has already begun if it has reached this point.
But, no, I would not.

I agree with this. If you've reached this point, you're already interested in leaving whoever you're with or cheating on him or her.

So, if I got to that point, then I'd probably go the rest of the way. But, not before reassessing the relationship, my life decisions, etc., and likely making some serious changes (like getting a divorce).

In general, though, I wouldn't let it get this far. It just isn't worth it, and I stick with the decisions I've made. I'm not perfect, of course, but I'm not so irresponsible that I'd just hurt or abandon people because I suddenly don't consider her ideal for a time. This all, of course, applies to marriage.

I hardly take dating that seriously. If I were dating someone and I found someone better, then I would just leave whomever I'm with, and I would expect her to do the same in the same circumstances. That's the nature of dating -- I'd even say that's its very purpose.

If I was not engaged, I would likely not cheat but leave her for the other her. If I was engaged, I don't know.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 5:02:58 PM
Nope. Just break up if you think you need to cheat. Don't be a friken coward that you are. Like cheating and trying to hide it spares the other persons feelings . What kind of convoluted logic is that. You try to hide it because you are trying to hide that you are coward not spare the other persons feelings.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 6:20:33 PM
At 7/22/2015 6:13:38 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

It sounds like you are giving us a question about a pretend idea but it is really about you?

Thinking of cheating? You are too young to even be in a sex relationship I think.

Cheating doesn't inherently entail sex FYI

But that is not my place to say. Before I was Born Again I cheated all the time on my ex wife, and she was a gorgeous and truly good person. But now I see how wrong it is. It's not that I am one of those who think God will punish you for it. I dont think He really cares as that is small potatoes stuff to Him. He has bigger worries. Besides ot everyone is Saved anyway no matter how good they are. And some sinners will be Saved. but thats off the topic, huh?

One thing I do now know is that women and girls cheat as much as men, maybe more.

Good luck figuring out to cheat or not. I would say no, but Im not your daddy. Ha!
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
wsmunit7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 7:40:40 PM

I am not married, but I am engaged. We met online. One of MY values that I stated in my online profile was monogamy. About 2 weeks after I posted my profile, this certain guy responded, and said he thought we might have something in common. (He is from overseas.) We chatted. He said he believed in monogamy too. We chatted every day for over a month for 2 to 4 hours a day before we decided to have a serious relationship. Long distance relationships are NOT easy !!! But ours is holding strong. In fact, it seems to grow stronger every day. We promised each other monogamy from the start. We got engaged on May 6th.

So, would I every cheat on him? No. Because:
1) I truly love him, more than I can put into words. And I truly believe that he loves me too.
2) I gave him my vow that I wouldn't. He gave me his vow too. Vows are important to both of us. Personal integrity means a lot to both of us.
3) I quite simply cannot imagine being attracted to anyone else. I visually see others, but I have no reaction to them.
4) Even IF I were willing to consider someone else, there would be a doubt in my mind that, if they are willing to cheat WITH me, are that not also willing to cheat ON me?

Try turning the topic question around 180 degrees: "How would you feel if you were cheated ON?" I've been THERE!!! It is devastating.
Gustav_Adolf_II
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 3:25:56 AM

I would never cheat on my partner (if I actually had one), so that is out of the question. If I didn't have children with my partner there would be a small chance that I would divorce/leave my partner (although this would depend more on whether my partner still loved me or not than the attributes of my potential partner, I would be partial to maintain the status quo). However, if there were children between me and my current partner leaving would be out of the question, I don't give a damn how perfect the new partner was I would never upset my child's life like that.
"Quoting yourself only makes you look like an arrogant jerk" - Gustav_Adolf_II
Material_Girl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 10:22:41 PM
Aaand this is why I'm never going to get married. I don't want to lie to someone and tell them that I can be in a lifelong relationship with them, because I can't be.
http://commissaress.wordpress.com...

Political Compass
Economic Left: -10.00
Social Libertarian: -7.13

Yes, I am an evil godless commie.
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 8:35:46 PM

Look into Madame Bovary, by Gustave Flaubert
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers