Jump to topic:

How do I repair a hole in the wall..?

TheJuniorVarsityNovice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 5:11:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Long story short my head ended up in the wall, and now there is a hole lol...this whole needs fixing bc we are moving out....does anyone know how I would go about this?
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 6:08:43 PM
At 7/24/2015 5:11:30 PM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
Long story short my head ended up in the wall, and now there is a hole lol...this whole needs fixing bc we are moving out....does anyone know how I would go about this?

Hire a professional.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 7:35:56 PM
Don't hire a professional, that's dumb. It's a pretty simple fix that won't cost much money. I won't go into the details here, because you could probably just easily YouTube it and get the answer in 5 minutes.
AGuyNamedKane
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2015 1:51:41 AM

Depends on what the wall is made of. If it's drywall then it'll be extremely easy to fix. If it's made of bricks, stones or any other material then it will be slightly more difficult to fix because it's difficult to make it blend it into the other bricks, stones, etc. Some more information on the wall would be help me to help you.

Also, I worked construction for many years of my life.
TheJuniorVarsityNovice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2015 6:33:25 AM
At 7/25/2015 1:51:41 AM, AGuyNamedKane wrote:

Depends on what the wall is made of. If it's drywall then it'll be extremely easy to fix. If it's made of bricks, stones or any other material then it will be slightly more difficult to fix because it's difficult to make it blend it into the other bricks, stones, etc. Some more information on the wall would be help me to help you.

oh its just drywall
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2015 4:01:05 PM

Ha! reminds me of my old drinking days! was alcohol involved?

So I am guessing its a sheetrock wall? and the hole is maybe one foot square or so? Places like home depot sell drywall repair kits. usually consists of a piece of light aluminum and some mesh tape and some drywall compound--what they call mud. instructions are on the kit. if the hole is too big for one of those kits you need to see if you can buy a scrap of sheetrock from them. they always have them laying around. they break em all the time. Or buy a quarter sheet, which is 2 X 4 feet. then youtube a video on drywall repair. you basically are going to cut the drywall piece you bought to fit the whole and stuff it in the hole and tape it on the edges and then apply mud over it. let it dry, sand and paint. Viola!
Im experienced at this, back in my college and drinking days I have made many a hole in walls!!
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2015 4:02:14 PM
At 7/25/2015 1:51:41 AM, AGuyNamedKane wrote:

Umm..I doubt he pit his head through a brick or stone wall. It had to be sheetrock. see my post above for what he should do!
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2015 10:32:06 PM
Large hole

https://www.youtube.com...

Small hole

https://www.youtube.com...
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 6:13:35 PM

Duct tape.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2015 4:38:31 PM
At 7/26/2015 6:13:35 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

Duct tape.

That is a viable fix and the easiest. Not the right way but none the less a way
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%