Jump to topic:

Bipolar+obessive compulsive disorder.

ILoveSitarMusic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 4:30:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I have a friend who has obsessive compulive disorder, autism, bipolar disorder, and post traumatic stress ddisorder. When she has a depressive episode, her OCD is horrible. Check has to check things all the time. She thinks she might be manic, but her OCD is bad, so she does not know if she is depressed, manic, or having a mixed episode. She wants to know if being manic can make OCD worse.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 7:25:54 AM
At 7/30/2015 4:30:38 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
I have a friend who has obsessive compulive disorder, autism, bipolar disorder, and post traumatic stress ddisorder. When she has a depressive episode, her OCD is horrible. Check has to check things all the time. She thinks she might be manic, but her OCD is bad, so she does not know if she is depressed, manic, or having a mixed episode. She wants to know if being manic can make OCD worse.

People just love to self diagnose don't they?

It's possible she has none of those things, and as much as I hate psychologists, she could probably stand to gain a lot from going to one.
wsmunit7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 4:46:14 PM
At 7/30/2015 7:25:54 AM, Wylted wrote:

It's possible she has none of those things, and as much as I hate psychologists, she could probably stand to gain a lot from going to one.

I agree with you. DDO is not the place to go for medical / mental health advice.
ILoveSitarMusic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 8:45:47 PM

My friend has been formally diagnosed by licensed doctors.
ILoveSitarMusic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 8:46:58 PM
At 7/30/2015 4:46:14 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:

I agree with you. DDO is not the place to go for medical / mental health advice.

How rude. My friend was formally diagnosed by mental health doctors.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 9:18:10 PM
At 7/30/2015 8:45:47 PM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:

Sure she has, despite your post directly contradicting that, and no I won't directly point out the subtle hints, I don't have the energy for that. Tell your friend to seek professional help, and stop being so gullible
ILoveSitarMusic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 9:21:22 PM
At 7/30/2015 9:18:10 PM, Wylted wrote:

Sure she has, despite your post directly contradicting that, and no I won't directly point out the subtle hints, I don't have the energy for that. Tell your friend to seek professional help, and stop being so gullible

You need to stop trolling and debate the facts. If you cannot cuntribute anything to this discusion, feel free to leave.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 9:26:36 PM
At 7/30/2015 9:21:22 PM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 7/30/2015 9:18:10 PM, Wylted wrote:

You need to stop trolling and debate the facts. If you cannot cuntribute anything to this discusion, feel free to leave.

Okay, I'll point out a few hints that your friend is self diagnosed, but I won't pick out all twenty.

"She thinks she might be manic" "depressive episode"

Now how about you stop lying about your friend being self diagnosed and if she says she's not she's "lying". She needs professional help, not random diks on the Internet with uninformed opinions.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 9:56:15 PM

Your friend needs to seek medical attention from a mental health professional instead of having you intervene on her behalf with an anonymous internet public forum audience, where you'll likely only get layman opinions. I doubt she is clinically diagnosed with ALL those things you named, but it still sounds as if she would benefit from medication and or therapy.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
ILoveSitarMusic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 10:37:48 PM
At 7/30/2015 9:56:15 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Your friend needs to seek medical attention from a mental health professional instead of having you intervene on her behalf with an anonymous internet public forum audience, where you'll likely only get layman opinions. I doubt she is clinically diagnosed with ALL those things you named, but it still sounds as if she would benefit from medication and or therapy.

Thank you. I will tell her to call her doctor.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 9:01:36 AM
At 7/30/2015 10:37:48 PM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:

That's the exact thing I said. Why the hell did he get a better response from you?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 6:55:06 PM
At 7/31/2015 9:01:36 AM, Wylted wrote:

That's the exact thing I said. Why the hell did he get a better response from you?

Well, to be fair, you did start off on the wrong foot and did not give her the same advice, at first.
If anyone should be upset, it is the guy who agreed with you, ws7025068 or whatever.
My work here is, finally, done.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2015 12:24:19 AM
At 7/31/2015 6:55:06 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 7/31/2015 9:01:36 AM, Wylted wrote:

Well, to be fair, you did start off on the wrong foot and did not give her the same advice, at first.
If anyone should be upset, it is the guy who agreed with you, ws7025068 or whatever.

I need to work on how I come across. I find myself saying the exact same thing as others on a routine basis and being ignored or attacked while they get listened to.

I under rate appearance too much. Maybe growing up poor and it working against me all the time is why.