Jump to topic:

How to Dress to Impress Girls

hkvoguestorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 7:04:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Wear clean, freshly laundered and ironed clothes that are free of stains, holes and tears. This may sound like a no-brainer, but a lot of guys neglect to wash and iron their clothes, or continue to wear old t-shirts that have holes in them. Girls definitely notice such slovenly dressing, and it's a major turnoff.

Wear clothes that fit. Jeans should fit snugly at the waist - not too baggy and not too tight. Pants and sexy short skirts should be tailored to fit at the waist and shoulders. Jacket arms should be an appropriate length - reaching the wrists when your arms are at your side. Likewise, pants should hit directly at your ankles when in your standing position. Girls are extremely impressed by men who recognize the importance of well-fitting clothes.

Wear clothes that match. Don't combine different patterns and prints, like wearing a plaid shirt with striped pants. Keep your look simple, but stylish. For example, pair printed shirts with solid colored pants or shorts. Alternatively, tame embellished or striped pants with a plain polo shirt. A stylishly simple outfit that is sure to get you noticed would be a nice pair of jeans, a crisp white t-shirt worn under a sun protection dresses or polo shirt with a new pair of sneakers or black loafers.

Wear appropriate shoes. Don't wear sneakers with suits, or wear flip flops on a date (unless the date is at the beach). Girls pay particular attention to a guy's shoes, and they can be extremely picky. Always wear black dress shoes and black socks with a suit or chiffon dresses. Wear clean sneakers and white socks with jeans and shorts.

Keep jewelry and other accessories to a minimum. Limit jewelry to one nice watch, a ring or a silver chain necklace. Don't go overboard with multiple rings, necklaces and bracelets. You can also accessorize your look with hats, scarves and belts.

http://www.voguestorm.com...
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 7:21:16 AM
At 7/31/2015 7:04:07 AM, hkvoguestorm wrote:
Wear clean, freshly laundered and ironed clothes that are free of stains, holes and tears. This may sound like a no-brainer, but a lot of guys neglect to wash and iron their clothes, or continue to wear old t-shirts that have holes in them. Girls definitely notice such slovenly dressing, and it's a major turnoff.

Wear clothes that fit. Jeans should fit snugly at the waist - not too baggy and not too tight. Pants and sexy short skirts should be tailored to fit at the waist and shoulders. Jacket arms should be an appropriate length - reaching the wrists when your arms are at your side. Likewise, pants should hit directly at your ankles when in your standing position. Girls are extremely impressed by men who recognize the importance of well-fitting clothes.

Wear clothes that match. Don't combine different patterns and prints, like wearing a plaid shirt with striped pants. Keep your look simple, but stylish. For example, pair printed shirts with solid colored pants or shorts. Alternatively, tame embellished or striped pants with a plain polo shirt. A stylishly simple outfit that is sure to get you noticed would be a nice pair of jeans, a crisp white t-shirt worn under a sun protection dresses or polo shirt with a new pair of sneakers or black loafers.

Wear appropriate shoes. Don't wear sneakers with suits, or wear flip flops on a date (unless the date is at the beach). Girls pay particular attention to a guy's shoes, and they can be extremely picky. Always wear black dress shoes and black socks with a suit or chiffon dresses. Wear clean sneakers and white socks with jeans and shorts.

Keep jewelry and other accessories to a minimum. Limit jewelry to one nice watch, a ring or a silver chain necklace. Don't go overboard with multiple rings, necklaces and bracelets. You can also accessorize your look with hats, scarves and belts.

No, no, no. Just dress in whatever you feel comfortable in. You'll attract the right person for you just by being yourself.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 7:44:05 AM
Pants and sexy short skirts should be tailored to fit at the waist and shoulders.

What guys do you know that were "sexy short skirts" to impress girls?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 2:35:26 PM
At 7/31/2015 7:44:05 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Pants and sexy short skirts should be tailored to fit at the waist and shoulders.

It looks like the spammer is mixed up
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 6:27:13 PM
At 7/31/2015 2:35:26 PM, mishapqueen wrote:

Quite, lol.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 6:33:32 PM
At 7/31/2015 6:27:13 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 7/31/2015 2:35:26 PM, mishapqueen wrote:

Quite, lol.

Poor computer. :(
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 7:27:25 PM

Any true Scotsman wears them
My work here is, finally, done.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 7:48:05 PM
At 7/31/2015 7:27:25 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Lol...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Such
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 8:27:33 PM

Whoa.

This was...

...he occasional stroke of genius I come here for.

Truly, quality comedy. Multilayered, with the correct timing and precise relevance.

I applaud you.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 11:41:50 PM

Really. I know my wife would've been intimidated if I had shown up to our first date with a nicer dress and shoes than her. Never out dress the girl.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2015 9:02:33 PM
Money, power and prestige impress girls. Not suits from the men's warehouse.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Material_Girl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 10:19:14 PM
Hey, I would love it if a guy wore a skirt. That shows opposition to gender roles and acknowledgement of the fluidity of gender. Which is sexyyy.

...Did you miss my political correctness, DDO?
http://commissaress.wordpress.com...

Political Compass
Economic Left: -10.00
Social Libertarian: -7.13

Yes, I am an evil godless commie.
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 5:35:33 AM

Bravo.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 7:06:55 AM
Now that we know how to get a girl, I'll explain how to keep them. You beat the crap out of them often and for random or any reason. Women love these relationships and it's why they stay in these types of relationships for years, but stay with a nice guy, only long enough to find out he isn't abusive, then leave him for not being abusive and then goes to an abusive lover and stay with him for several years.
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 2:13:35 PM

Khaos wins this thread!
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:
http://www.debate.org...

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 12:28:17 AM
At 8/3/2015 7:06:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
Now that we know how to get a girl, I'll explain how to keep them. You beat the crap out of them often and for random or any reason. Women love these relationships and it's why they stay in these types of relationships for years, but stay with a nice guy, only long enough to find out he isn't abusive, then leave him for not being abusive and then goes to an abusive lover and stay with him for several years.

aint that the truth
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Philocat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 9:25:17 AM
At 7/31/2015 7:21:16 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

No, no, no. Just dress in whatever you feel comfortable in. You'll attract the right person for you just by being yourself.

The OP was about how to dress to *impress girls*, and wearing what he suggests (minus the sexy short skirts) is, on balance, more likely to impress girls than 'just being yourself'.

You can go ahead and 'just be yourself', but don't then complain that girls aren't impressed. Dressing well is an attractive property whether we like it or not.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 2:01:33 PM
The ladies love body paint. Nothing else is necessary, though you can accessorize with a scarf and oversized bangles.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 3:35:30 PM

BOT here has nailed it right on the head. You should just be yourself and girls will be attracted to you (shaving and basic hygiene is still a must).

Side note: In my own experience, tailored sits never attract any girls worth a damn. I find the best ones just wearing my casual clothes.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 11:51:45 PM
At 8/4/2015 9:25:17 AM, Philocat wrote:

The OP was about how to dress to *impress girls*, and wearing what he suggests (minus the sexy short skirts) is, on balance, more likely to impress girls than 'just being yourself'.

You can go ahead and 'just be yourself', but don't then complain that girls aren't impressed. Dressing well is an attractive property whether we like it or not.

I was taking it a step past all that when I said that being yourself will attract the right one. Sure, you can dress in any particular way that would stand out to a girl you are pursuing, but if you have to change yourself just to catch her attention, she's most likely not a good match in the first place.

If the goal is to just have sex or a short fling, then yeah, dressing to impress will certainly aid in that goal - but if looking for a long-lasting partner, just being yourself is the best route to take since you'll attract someone naturally aligned with yourself.
Philocat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 7:14:51 AM
At 8/5/2015 11:51:45 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

I was taking it a step past all that when I said that being yourself will attract the right one. Sure, you can dress in any particular way that would stand out to a girl you are pursuing, but if you have to change yourself just to catch her attention, she's most likely not a good match in the first place.

If the goal is to just have sex or a short fling, then yeah, dressing to impress will certainly aid in that goal - but if looking for a long-lasting partner, just being yourself is the best route to take since you'll attract someone naturally aligned with yourself.

Whilst being yourself is good, most people take it to mean 'I don't need to do anything to improve myself because I'm perfect as I am'. Such egotistic attitudes need to be eliminated if you want to be a better person.

In other words, you need to be yourself, but you need to be your best possible version of yourself. This is where self-improvement comes in.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2015 4:45:52 AM
At 8/6/2015 7:14:51 AM, Philocat wrote:
At 8/5/2015 11:51:45 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Whilst being yourself is good, most people take it to mean 'I don't need to do anything to improve myself because I'm perfect as I am'. Such egotistic attitudes need to be eliminated if you want to be a better person.

That's true. There is a fine line in taking care of yourself and always striving to improve yourself, compared to remaining stagnant and hoping for the best.

In other words, you need to be yourself, but you need to be your best possible version of yourself. This is where self-improvement comes in.

I fully agree.