Jump to topic:

Do the right thing.

Kozu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 6:22:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Your driving through your neighborhood, on your way back from work. As you slowly drive along you pass by an elementry school, and see the little children running around on the playground, having the time of their life. You remeber how simple those days were. As you pull up to the school's stop sign, you look down the lane to your right, you see an old beatup pickup truck park on the otherside of the street from the school.

From within this truck emerges a man who appears to be in his late 50's.
You observe that he has no shirt, has a beer belly that spills over his tattered jean shorts, is balding only on the top middle part of his head so he only has hair on the sides (curly and grey), and is sweaty and hairy all over. You see him walk over to the tall iron bars that keep the children in school, and he sticks his arm though to wave over two children. These childfen run over to the man almost as if excited. Eventually one of the children run off so only one remains with the man.

You begin to suspect this man may not be their parent. Your moral compase is raising issue with this situation.

You need to do the right thing.

(Now you tell me what that is)
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 6:38:50 PM
I'd right down the license plate of the truck and hope for the best, and pay attention to the news for the next day or two.
My work here is, finally, done.
Kozu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 7:10:14 PM
At 8/4/2015 6:38:50 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I'd right down the license plate of the truck and hope for the best, and pay attention to the news for the next day or two.

Why not walk up and ask him how he kows the kid. Do you find that risky?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 7:14:35 PM
At 8/4/2015 7:10:14 PM, Kozu wrote:
At 8/4/2015 6:38:50 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Why not walk up and ask him how he kows the kid. Do you find that risky?

I do, and I also find it none of my business. Further, how am I to ascertain the validity of his statement?
It could be a child molester, or it could be a deadbeat father, or even someone asking for directions. The children appear to be locked in the schoolyard, so their should be some supervision and protection, unless the child decides on the own volition to leave.
My work here is, finally, done.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 9:11:12 PM
At 8/4/2015 6:22:06 PM, Kozu wrote:
Your driving through your neighborhood, on your way back from work. As you slowly drive along you pass by an elementry school, and see the little children running around on the playground, having the time of their life. You remeber how simple those days were. As you pull up to the school's stop sign, you look down the lane to your right, you see an old beatup pickup truck park on the otherside of the street from the school.

You observe that he has no shirt, has a beer belly that spills over his tattered jean shorts, is balding only on the top middle part of his head so he only has hair on the sides (curly and grey), and is sweaty and hairy all over. You see him walk over to the tall iron bars that keep the children in school, and he sticks his arm though to wave over two children. These childfen run over to the man almost as if excited. Eventually one of the children run off so only one remains with the man.

You begin to suspect this man may not be their parent. Your moral compase is raising issue with this situation.

ALL schools have faculty in the yard with the kids when they're out there. they would notice this and act accordingly and if they for some reason dont see him then you can call there attention to the issue. before I was saved and I was about 30 I stopped once by my old elementary school while driving by and was watching some kids play basektball. and I want to say here that i was young and fit and clean-cut looking and driving a nice truck. so this schoolyard whatever they are, staff on duty, a woman comes over to me all suspicious and very rude, what are you doing here? why are you watching the children? basically accusing me of being some sort of perv. I took offense of course, got her name, went to report her on the spot to the office. she came in during the talk with the principal and I called her a few choice names and a mail janitor came in the office when he heard the commotion and made the mistake of laying hands on me. I picked a one of those 3-hole punchers off the desk and hit him across the face with it and then pushed the woman to the floor and called her the c-word again and left.
I had a history of doing stuff like that, a angry atheist. I look at it now and its like I cant relate! like looking at a tape of another person. since God Saved me. I have told folks here on DDO how bad I was before and have no idea why He Chose Me. So I try to spread the Word where I can and testify for what He did for me and how much he helped. thats why I said this story.
God Bless!
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
Kozu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 9:53:45 PM
At 8/4/2015 9:11:12 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

ALL schools have faculty in the yard with the kids when they're out there. they would notice this and act accordingly and if they for some reason dont see him then you can call there attention to the issue.

I left it out, but there is no supervision outside. The staff are most likely inside and its probably only one or two people, given its way after school hours.

Since you can't find anyone, what do you choose to do.
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 12:59:29 AM

I mean, I wouldn't call the cops or anything. He's on the other side of the bars, so he can't do much. But it would worry me. I'd probably talk to the teacher or whom ever was supervising the playground at that time and ask if they knew the man, and make them aware of his presence. Or I might just walk up to him and say "Who the f*ck are you?"
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 10:40:41 AM

Kill them both.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Kozu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 3:31:05 PM
At 8/5/2015 12:59:29 AM, Lee001 wrote:

I mean, I wouldn't call the cops or anything. He's on the other side of the bars, so he can't do much. But it would worry me. I'd probably talk to the teacher or whom ever was supervising the playground at that time and ask if they knew the man, and make them aware of his presence. Or I might just walk up to him and say "Who the f*ck are you?"

I never saw any supervision happening. I'm surprised your not hesitant to walk up and confront him.
Kozu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 3:41:37 PM
At 8/5/2015 1:23:41 PM, Wylted wrote:
As usual I agree with Khaos.

I actually did exactly what he suggested. I also parked nearby, and he ended up noticing me. So I stared at him, and we made eye contact for a good 5 seconds. Was kinda hoping that would deter him, if he was what I thought he was.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 3:43:16 PM
At 8/5/2015 3:41:37 PM, Kozu wrote:

I actually did exactly what he suggested. I also parked nearby, and he ended up noticing me. So I stared at him, and we made eye contact for a good 5 seconds. Was kinda hoping that would deter him, if he was what I thought he was.

He was probably visiting his kid, child molesters typically try to appear non threatening
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 3:44:24 PM
At 8/5/2015 3:43:16 PM, Wylted wrote:

He was probably visiting his kid, child molesters typically try to appear non threatening

And they don't look like a hilibily. Child molesters are those clean and nice ones.
Kozu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 3:52:40 PM
At 8/5/2015 3:43:16 PM, Wylted wrote:

Thats what I'd like to think, but you know, if I ever imagined I would run into one, this is exactly how I would imagine they would look like.

To be fair he did go back to his truck and put on a shirt a few minutes after breaking eye contact. At that point I felt I could leave. I made sure I checked those "missing children" sites though, in case the worse happened.
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 3:58:27 PM
At 8/5/2015 3:31:05 PM, Kozu wrote:
At 8/5/2015 12:59:29 AM, Lee001 wrote:

I never saw any supervision happening. I'm surprised your not hesitant to walk up and confront him.

I'd probably have a CCW by then.
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 4:05:44 PM
At 8/5/2015 4:04:24 PM, Kozu wrote:
At 8/5/2015 3:58:27 PM, Lee001 wrote:

CCW?

Concealed Certified Weapon.

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Kozu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 9:40:30 PM
At 8/5/2015 4:04:16 PM, Wylted wrote:
So him wearing a shirt made him less likely to be a molestor?

Lol, well it certainly made it look less sketchy. You know how society portrays them, like scum of the world lookin people.

Maybe I assumed most scum don't wear shirts
Kozu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 9:41:48 PM
At 8/5/2015 4:05:44 PM, Lee001 wrote:

CCW?

What if you didn't have one? And there's no staff in sight.
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 9:42:12 PM
At 8/5/2015 9:41:48 PM, Kozu wrote:

CCW?

I'd tell him to f*ck off.

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Kozu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 9:44:28 PM
At 8/5/2015 9:42:12 PM, Lee001 wrote:

CCW?

It's admirable you'd put yourself out there like that, even when you have know idea what he might have on him.
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 9:51:55 PM
At 8/5/2015 9:44:28 PM, Kozu wrote:
At 8/5/2015 9:42:12 PM, Lee001 wrote:

CCW?

It's admirable you'd put yourself out there like that, even when you have know idea what he might have on him.

YOLO

My hubby Hayd <3 <3