Jump to topic:

are their any surfers on DDO?

August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2015 9:51:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I got up at 5 a.m. this morning at went surfing out at Steamer Lane here in Santa Cruz, which is one of the best surfing spots on the West Coast. waves were a little sloppy and only 3-5 ft. but the sunrise was awesome and we had a great time. so I was wanting to se if their are any surfers on DDO? share your experience and where you surf. or any questions about it? three things I love to talk about anytime are surfing, CrossFit and of course how Amazing God is. as always......God Bless.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2015 11:08:14 PM
At 8/8/2015 9:51:01 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
I got up at 5 a.m. this morning at went surfing out at Steamer Lane here in Santa Cruz, which is one of the best surfing spots on the West Coast. waves were a little sloppy and only 3-5 ft. but the sunrise was awesome and we had a great time. so I was wanting to se if their are any surfers on DDO? share your experience and where you surf. or any questions about it? three things I love to talk about anytime are surfing, CrossFit and of course how Amazing God is. as always......God Bless.

Yeah I surf. Born and raised on the East Coast of South Florida, I could (and would) ride my bike to the beach with my board on my side. I've moved over to the west coast and it's much flatter. I'm a short-board surfer, and even learned on one, which is rare since most surfers learn by using long-boards at first. I haven't surfed since living on the west coast because there's just no real surf in the Gulf. I still have my short-board here though, just in case a hurricane comes through.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 2:35:19 AM
At 8/8/2015 11:08:14 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Yeah I surf. Born and raised on the East Coast of South Florida, I could (and would) ride my bike to the beach with my board on my side. I've moved over to the west coast and it's much flatter. I'm a short-board surfer, and even learned on one, which is rare since most surfers learn by using long-boards at first. I haven't surfed since living on the west coast because there's just no real surf in the Gulf. I still have my short-board here though, just in case a hurricane comes through.

hey brah, thanks for posting. Im a short-boarder too, a goofy foot. my current board is a 6'-7" BIC twin-fin. have you ever surfed on the West Coast? I mean of the USA not FLA. can you get over to the other coast of FLA once in awhile or some better surfing? Old school logs (big boards" have been coming back in style over here for a few years now. I tried my friends' a few times but still dig the shorties way more. I can do a lot more carving. but those logs are alot easier to get-up on.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 12:01:28 AM
At 8/9/2015 2:35:19 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

hey brah, thanks for posting. Im a short-boarder too, a goofy foot. my current board is a 6'-7" BIC twin-fin. have you ever surfed on the West Coast? I mean of the USA not FLA. can you get over to the other coast of FLA once in awhile or some better surfing? Old school logs (big boards" have been coming back in style over here for a few years now. I tried my friends' a few times but still dig the shorties way more. I can do a lot more carving. but those logs are alot easier to get-up on.

Oh nice, I stand regular foot. That's so funny though because I've got a 6'7" Spectrum triple fin. I've never tried a twin-fin before and know that those are harder, yet better at the same time. I've never surfed on the West Coast, which is a bummer, but the East Coast of South Florida has some excellent spots, especially since I grew up in Jupiter Fl. Both the pier and inlet had some wicked lines all day every day. Sadly, I rarely get over to that coast these days.

Long-boards just bore me. The guy who taught me how to surf started me on a short-board, and hooked me up with the board for free, so I just stuck with them. My sister long-boards, so I've tried it a few times on her board but it's just good for cruising or semi-flat days. I prefer carving, pumping quick, and getting air on the bail out, lol it's just so much more fun to me.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 1:22:51 AM
At 8/10/2015 12:01:28 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 8/9/2015 2:35:19 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Oh nice, I stand regular foot. That's so funny though because I've got a 6'7" Spectrum triple fin. I've never tried a twin-fin before and know that those are harder, yet better at the same time. I've never surfed on the West Coast, which is a bummer, but the East Coast of South Florida has some excellent spots, especially since I grew up in Jupiter Fl. Both the pier and inlet had some wicked lines all day every day. Sadly, I rarely get over to that coast these days.

Long-boards just bore me. The guy who taught me how to surf started me on a short-board, and hooked me up with the board for free, so I just stuck with them. My sister long-boards, so I've tried it a few times on her board but it's just good for cruising or semi-flat days. I prefer carving, pumping quick, and getting air on the bail out, lol it's just so much more fun to me.

cool, same size boards! how tall are you and weight? Im a hair under 6 foot and weight around 180, so yeah we can handle the long boards but I just find them boring and mushy. and I learned on a short board too. they're good for the local surf around here, we get lost of breaks and not big surf too often, except when we get a storm coming in from the west Pac. God Bless.