Jump to topic:

I need help.

Shield
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 3:43:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'm at risk of losing the most important thing to me. This most important thing is willing to compromise what it is in order to allow me to keep it, in which case it would still retain its importance to me. However, in order to keep this most important thing, it requires that I compromise who I am to people of equal importance to it as I am to it, in order for it to remain important to those other people. This most important thing is telling me to let go of it if I am not willing to compromise who I am, as it will not allow me to keep it if I don't do so, and as such it believes I and it are wasting our time, and that we should both move on. It should be noted that this most important thing is willing to compromise what it is and that I am seemingly unwilling to compromise who I am, and also that I do not want it to lose its importance to those other people.

Am I a coward and a hypocrite? I do not want to lose this most important thing. Nothing is more important to me in the whole entire world. I need help/advise.
The proudest moment of my life was when i traveled a thousand miles for love and brought that love back with me those same thousand miles. Nothing that has ever happened, nor ever will, will ever take that pride away from my heart.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2015 9:23:06 PM
Depends on lot's of things. Depends on what you're compramising and such.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Lovetheworld4real
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 5:10:32 AM
If you are changing yourselves for each other, why don't you stay the same? how did it become important to you? How did you become important to it? I think it needs to prioritize over you and those other people. If it can't, then a little change is in order. But you have to decide where change is due. Think: is it a life long decision? If so, is it worth it? Do you absolutely need it in your life? Can you let it go? I think the most important decision is: are you willing to sacrifice yourself for it to it? And do you need it that bad? Answer these questions calmly and one by one, then come to a conclusion.
Live Love Laugh
kp98
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 2:07:25 PM
Perhaps the important thing is to keep wanting to keep compromising what you want so you can keep wanting its importance to other important people compromised. Then you can compromise over wanting it, important or not, depending on other important people wanting to keep being kept it compromised over, which is the important thing not to compromise about. Ever. Otherwise you are wasting time that could be important to you, or to other people, even if that does means being a hypocrite.
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 9:53:19 PM
At 8/13/2015 3:43:46 AM, Shield wrote:
I'm at risk of losing the most important thing to me. This most important thing is willing to compromise what it is in order to allow me to keep it, in which case it would still retain its importance to me. However, in order to keep this most important thing, it requires that I compromise who I am to people of equal importance to it as I am to it, in order for it to remain important to those other people. This most important thing is telling me to let go of it if I am not willing to compromise who I am, as it will not allow me to keep it if I don't do so, and as such it believes I and it are wasting our time, and that we should both move on. It should be noted that this most important thing is willing to compromise what it is and that I am seemingly unwilling to compromise who I am, and also that I do not want it to lose its importance to those other people.

Am I a coward and a hypocrite? I do not want to lose this most important thing. Nothing is more important to me in the whole entire world. I need help/advise.

If you "let it go", will you be compromising what you actually are, or rather what people think you are?
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 2:12:13 AM
At 8/13/2015 3:43:46 AM, Shield wrote:

It would be a lot easier to make sense of that big paragraph up there ^ if you got a little more specific...
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 4:18:59 AM
I'm sensing this is about a girl or guy who won't stay with you unless you change. Two things you need to ask yourself; 1. Would I rather live my life pretending to be someone I'm not? 2. Would I rather be myself and find someone who loves me for me?

It's hard to decide between thoose questions. You'd be much happier to find a girl or guy that loves you, for you.

You don't want to spend your life pretending to be someone you aren't, because your partner won't love you for who you are.
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3