Jump to topic:

Would you kill?

XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 2:32:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
As the title says, would you kill someone?

Who are you willing to kill and who are you not willing to kill?

At what circumstances would you kill someone?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 5:47:37 PM
At 8/22/2015 2:32:19 PM, XLAV wrote:

I have killed somebody.

I'll kill people I believe to be legitimate threats to my life or the life of another individual, or the well being. Nobody is off my list, except for my offspring.

Already said it.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 5:55:11 PM
At 8/22/2015 5:47:37 PM, Wylted wrote:

I have killed somebody.

wut

I'll kill people I believe to be legitimate threats to my life or the life of another individual, or the well being. Nobody is off my list, except for my offspring.

Already said it.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 5:58:26 PM
At 8/22/2015 5:55:11 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

I have killed somebody.

wut

Already said it.

Yeah, maybe I'll send you a news paper article when I get home. I think a lot more people have been in my situation (killing someone) than like to admit it. I can tell you it's a scary thing. I didn't know if I'd get mad relatives seeking revenge, or an overzealous prosecutor wanting to hang me. Not to mention the massive guilt.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 6:00:01 PM
At 8/22/2015 5:58:26 PM, Wylted wrote:

I have killed somebody.

wut

Already said it.

Yeah, maybe I'll send you a news paper article when I get home. I think a lot more people have been in my situation (killing someone) than like to admit it. I can tell you it's a scary thing. I didn't know if I'd get mad relatives seeking revenge, or an overzealous prosecutor wanting to hang me. Not to mention the massive guilt.

*hugs*
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Varrack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 6:18:49 PM

I have killed somebody.

wut

Already said it.

I suppose knowing that your life would have ended right then without taking action would compensate for that guilt.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 6:34:12 PM

I have killed somebody.

wut

Already said it.

What was the situation you were in when you killed someone?
Nolite Timere
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 6:35:25 PM

I feel like I couldn't bring myself to kill someone until the point where I am moments away from death at their hand and killing them is my only option for survival. I would make a terrible soldier.
Nolite Timere
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 6:37:23 PM
At 8/22/2015 6:34:12 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

I have killed somebody.

wut

Already said it.

Well, not my fault I guess, but I'll share an article. http://m.cecildaily.com...

I hit a person making a getaway from a theft in a stolen pickup. One guy was in the bed and flew over four lanes of traffic and laid dying in the ditch in some unnatural position. His friends ran and left him there to die. This isn't a self defense thing, things are probably worse for them guys, and I'm sure they second guess every single thing a bit more.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 6:39:14 PM
At 8/22/2015 6:35:25 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

I feel like I couldn't bring myself to kill someone until the point where I am moments away from death at their hand and killing them is my only option for survival. I would make a terrible soldier.

Why do you care about survival? It seems to me that a true believer wouldn't have a strong sense of self preservation. Why would that instinct persist, unless there is some doubt in the fact that a beautiful paradise awaits?
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 6:41:26 PM
At 8/22/2015 6:37:23 PM, Wylted wrote:

Well, not my fault I guess, but I'll share an article. http://m.cecildaily.com...

I hit a person making a getaway from a theft in a stolen pickup. One guy was in the bed and flew over four lanes of traffic and laid dying in the ditch in some unnatural position. His friends ran and left him there to die. This isn't a self defense thing, things are probably worse for them guys, and I'm sure they second guess every single thing a bit more.

Interesting first blood.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 6:43:30 PM
I seriously was thinking irrational thoughts just afterword, besides the guilt I kept trying to remember the exact speed I was traveling and feared a manslaughter charge would be thrown on me, though I don't think that was a legitimate fear looking back. He wasn't a good guy, I was fearing blame and retribution from his friends or family. Although I did interact with them a bit when his family was commenting on articles pooping up in social media. They seemed apologetic and saddened, so them not playing the blame game really made me feel good. I still flinch and wince at every little thing while riding in a car though. I get terrible anxiety in the car, and try to avoid driving unless absolutely necessary.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 6:46:07 PM
At 8/22/2015 6:41:26 PM, XLAV wrote:

Interesting first blood.

While I was watching the guy dying I had no ideal about the robbery or back story. I just thought I killed a guy because I was too stupid to hit the brakes in time.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 7:28:48 PM
Yes.
Anyone I am ordered to, or see as putting others at risk.
Above
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 11:05:18 PM
At 8/22/2015 6:39:14 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 8/22/2015 6:35:25 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

Why do you care about survival? It seems to me that a true believer wouldn't have a strong sense of self preservation. Why would that instinct persist, unless there is some doubt in the fact that a beautiful paradise awaits?

Lol, my life has value to. Everyone is made in the image and likeness of God, including me. I am called to love myself just as much as I am called to love God and others. Therefore it is just that I care about my own life and survival, to a degree at least. Also, as someone who believes they posses the truth and goodness of the Catholic Church, I have a moral obligation to evangelize to others. I can't do that if I am dead, now can I? Finally, life isn't just about going to Heaven (although that is certainly important), it is also about spreading the truth of God and his love to everyone. Therefore I ought to postpone my death and spread God's love to as many people as possible before/if I go to Heaven.
Nolite Timere
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 11:07:28 PM
At 8/22/2015 6:34:12 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

I have killed somebody.

wut

Already said it.

Dang.
Nolite Timere
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 12:22:32 AM

Only If they posed a threat to my life. I would hesitate to if it were my relatives. I do not know what I would do. But people like Justin Bieber I would kill for destroying an entire generation of females.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 12:47:23 AM

I have killed somebody.

Already said it.

I have been in a scary situation like that. Back when we lived in Englewood, me and my brother were home alone, when 1 guy who was armed came knocking at our door. It was very scary. He started knocking the door even harder, and I was scared he might break in. I seriously was considering reaching for Dad's Glock to fight him off, because I had the duty to protect my brother. Thankfully, the knocking stopped, and I couldn't be more happier. I was 9 at the time.
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 12:51:22 AM
At 8/23/2015 12:47:23 AM, tajshar2k wrote:

I have killed somebody.

Already said it.

I have been in a scary situation like that. Back when we lived in Englewood, me and my brother were home alone, when 1 guy who was armed came knocking at our door. It was very scary. He started knocking the door even harder, and I was scared he might break in. I seriously was considering reaching for Dad's Glock to fight him off, because I had the duty to protect my brother. Thankfully, the knocking stopped, and I couldn't be more happier. I was 9 at the time.

My bad, it wasn't Englewood, it was Lincoln Park.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 1:07:12 AM
At 8/23/2015 12:51:22 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 8/23/2015 12:47:23 AM, tajshar2k wrote:

I have killed somebody.

Already said it.

My bad, it wasn't Englewood, it was Lincoln Park.

There's a good chance it was a cop. They have no class
Huntress
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 12:53:00 PM

I have killed somebody.

wut

...back away slowly...
Huntress
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 12:58:13 PM
At 8/22/2015 6:46:07 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 8/22/2015 6:41:26 PM, XLAV wrote:

Interesting first blood.

While I was watching the guy dying I had no ideal about the robbery or back story. I just thought I killed a guy because I was too stupid to hit the brakes in time.

Oh wow, that's horrible. I would be blaming myself too I'm sure, but there is a reason you're not supposed to be back there and I doubt fleeing the scene of a crime they were thinking rationally enough to drive safely.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 6:04:58 PM

If someone threatened my life, or the life of someone I cared about or who I saw could not defend themselves, then yes under these circumstances:

1. Lethal force was necessary;
2. to prevent an imminent threat;
3. to the life or myself or another person;
4. and there was no reasonable chance to retreat to safety without having to take life.

The above (see 1-4) are the circumstances which would have to be the case for me to kill someone under. So, each one of them would have to be met...but if they were, I'd do it without a second thought.
Tsar of DDO
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 10:27:40 PM

I would kill in self defense--and have. Or to protect an innocent person at the hands of an evil agressor. especially would I kill to protect a woman or child.

God Bless...and I hope I never have to kill again, even in defense. It is a very traumatic feeling. Aint like in da movies, man.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 3:20:43 AM
No. Not unless someone posed a clear and direct threat to at least two people and. Killing that person was the only way to stop them. Otherwise, there are no circumstances in which I would kill another person, not even to save my own life.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 3:25:32 AM
At 8/23/2015 10:27:40 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

I would kill in self defense--and have. Or to protect an innocent person at the hands of an evil agressor. especially would I kill to protect a woman or child.

God Bless...and I hope I never have to kill again, even in defense. It is a very traumatic feeling. Aint like in da movies, man.

What situation were you in when you killed someone?
Nolite Timere
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 5:34:32 AM
It depends on the situation, but if they were threatening my life or someone else's, yeah probably. A lot of people likely could or would given the ability or tools to do so.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 2:24:12 PM
As many more have noted, I would kill in defense of myself or others. The logical end of all violence is death and there is no other way to be sure that one who attacks you will not attack again.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 6:32:33 PM

Yes. Like cannibal hillbillies and/or Australians.

Cannibal hillbillies and Australians. Not willing to kill: cute animals.

When presented with a cannibal hillbilly and an Australian.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'