Total Posts:20|Showing Posts:1-20
Jump to topic:

Your Ultimate Burger?

YYW
Posts: 40,502
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 6:20:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I love burgers. They're like a favorite food of mine.

My ultimate burger is a medium rare cooked grass-fed beef patty, with caramelized onions, creamy horseradish sauce, sharp cheddar cheese, romaine lettuce, tomato, pickles (dill), on a toasted bun.

What's yours?
Trump did something right!

http://www.debate.org...

Discuss.
lannan13
Posts: 23,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 6:32:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/28/2015 6:20:34 PM, YYW wrote:
I love burgers. They're like a favorite food of mine.

My ultimate burger is a medium rare cooked grass-fed beef patty, with caramelized onions, creamy horseradish sauce, sharp cheddar cheese, romaine lettuce, tomato, pickles (dill), on a toasted bun.

What's yours?

With Italian herbs and cheese buns, onion straws, meat patty, swiss cheese, bacon, Heinz 57 sauce, Patty, swiss cheese, baccon, Heinz 57, bun.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
YYW
Posts: 40,502
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 6:46:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/28/2015 6:32:40 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 8/28/2015 6:20:34 PM, YYW wrote:
I love burgers. They're like a favorite food of mine.

My ultimate burger is a medium rare cooked grass-fed beef patty, with caramelized onions, creamy horseradish sauce, sharp cheddar cheese, romaine lettuce, tomato, pickles (dill), on a toasted bun.

What's yours?

With Italian herbs and cheese buns, onion straws, meat patty, swiss cheese, bacon, Heinz 57 sauce, Patty, swiss cheese, baccon, Heinz 57, bun.

Mmmm.... sounds tasty.
Trump did something right!

http://www.debate.org...

Discuss.
lannan13
Posts: 23,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 6:47:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/28/2015 6:46:39 PM, YYW wrote:
At 8/28/2015 6:32:40 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 8/28/2015 6:20:34 PM, YYW wrote:
I love burgers. They're like a favorite food of mine.

My ultimate burger is a medium rare cooked grass-fed beef patty, with caramelized onions, creamy horseradish sauce, sharp cheddar cheese, romaine lettuce, tomato, pickles (dill), on a toasted bun.

What's yours?

With Italian herbs and cheese buns, onion straws, meat patty, swiss cheese, bacon, Heinz 57 sauce, Patty, swiss cheese, baccon, Heinz 57, bun.

Mmmm.... sounds tasty.

Indeed. Some caision curley fires with a tall glass of Root Bear sounds good.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 10:01:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
For me, the ultimate burger would be composed of:

-A wheat bun
-Real beef, grilled and seasoned
-Real cheese
-Real, fresh lettuce, but not an excess of it
-No ketchup, mustard, or mayonnaise whatsoever
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
SamStevens
Posts: 3,823
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 10:33:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/28/2015 6:20:34 PM, YYW wrote:
I love burgers. They're like a favorite food of mine.

My ultimate burger is a medium rare cooked grass-fed beef patty, with caramelized onions, creamy horseradish sauce, sharp cheddar cheese, romaine lettuce, tomato, pickles (dill), on a toasted bun.

What's yours?

I usually just stick to a typical big chess burger with pickles on it, but your combination sounds nice.

A burger which I desire to try is this:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk...

or

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com...
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,928
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 5:16:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/28/2015 6:20:34 PM, YYW wrote:
I love burgers. They're like a favorite food of mine.

My ultimate burger is a medium rare cooked grass-fed beef patty, with caramelized onions, creamy horseradish sauce, sharp cheddar cheese, romaine lettuce, tomato, pickles (dill), on a toasted bun.

What's yours?

Medium rare, with onions mixed into the ground meat before cooking it, Worcestershire sauce, portobello mushroom slices, a few nice fat pieces of bacon, the dark ends of the romaine leaf, red onions, and Swiss cheese on a whole wheat roll.
"See now Oblivion shimmering all around us, its very tranquility deadlier than tempest. How little all our keels have troubled it."
- Lord Dunsany -

"Over her head the stars, the thoughts of God in the heavens,
Shone on the eyes of man, who had ceased to marvel and worship"
- Henry Longfellow -

"We enjoy, we see nothing by direct vision; but only by reflection, and in anatomical dismemberment."
- Thomas Carlyle -
YYW
Posts: 40,502
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 1:08:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/29/2015 5:16:14 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 8/28/2015 6:20:34 PM, YYW wrote:
I love burgers. They're like a favorite food of mine.

My ultimate burger is a medium rare cooked grass-fed beef patty, with caramelized onions, creamy horseradish sauce, sharp cheddar cheese, romaine lettuce, tomato, pickles (dill), on a toasted bun.

What's yours?

Medium rare, with onions mixed into the ground meat before cooking it, Worcestershire sauce, portobello mushroom slices, a few nice fat pieces of bacon, the dark ends of the romaine leaf, red onions, and Swiss cheese on a whole wheat roll.

I'm glad that you specified "medium rare." If a burger is more than medium-rare, it's over-cooked haha
Trump did something right!

http://www.debate.org...

Discuss.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 3:24:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/28/2015 6:20:34 PM, YYW wrote:
I love burgers. They're like a favorite food of mine.

My ultimate burger is a medium rare cooked grass-fed beef patty, with caramelized onions, creamy horseradish sauce, sharp cheddar cheese, romaine lettuce, tomato, pickles (dill), on a toasted bun.

What's yours?

You really got to try this.
http://chicagoist.com...
Greyparrot
Posts: 15,861
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 3:26:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I like soyburgers myself.
I find myself intrigued by your subvocal oscillations.
A singular development of cat communications
That obviates your basic hedonistic predilection,
For a rhythmic stroking of your fur to demonstrate affection.
YYW
Posts: 40,502
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 3:58:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/29/2015 3:24:43 PM, TBR wrote:
At 8/28/2015 6:20:34 PM, YYW wrote:
I love burgers. They're like a favorite food of mine.

My ultimate burger is a medium rare cooked grass-fed beef patty, with caramelized onions, creamy horseradish sauce, sharp cheddar cheese, romaine lettuce, tomato, pickles (dill), on a toasted bun.

What's yours?

You really got to try this.
http://chicagoist.com...

Mmmm.... delicious.
Trump did something right!

http://www.debate.org...

Discuss.
August_Burns_Red
Posts: 1,253
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 2:05:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/28/2015 6:20:34 PM, YYW wrote:
I love burgers. They're like a favorite food of mine.

My ultimate burger is a medium rare cooked grass-fed beef patty, with caramelized onions, creamy horseradish sauce, sharp cheddar cheese, romaine lettuce, tomato, pickles (dill), on a toasted bun.

What's yours?

Double Black Angus Beef patties; pepper jack cheese; bacon, lettuce, tomato and Sriracha Sauce!! Whole Wheat bun. With a side of sweet potato fries with some Ranch to dip them in.

Wash it all down with an iced Dr. Pepper.

Oh yeah!
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
Huntress
Posts: 60
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 2:08:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/28/2015 6:20:34 PM, YYW wrote:
I love burgers. They're like a favorite food of mine.

My ultimate burger is a medium rare cooked grass-fed beef patty, with caramelized onions, creamy horseradish sauce, sharp cheddar cheese, romaine lettuce, tomato, pickles (dill), on a toasted bun.


I like the sound of that one.
ford_prefect
Posts: 4,163
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2015 12:27:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Buttered and lightly toasted bun
2 half pound Angus patties, cooked medium (warm pink in center)
2 slices of melted aged cheddar
Lettuce, tomato, pickles, sauteed mushrooms, crispy bacon strips, fresh jalape"os
Mayo, mustard, BBQ sauce

Paired with curly fries and a strawberry shake... Delicious!
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,410
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2015 3:13:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/28/2015 6:20:34 PM, YYW wrote:
I love burgers. They're like a favorite food of mine.

My ultimate burger is a medium rare cooked grass-fed beef patty, with caramelized onions, creamy horseradish sauce, sharp cheddar cheese, romaine lettuce, tomato, pickles (dill), on a toasted bun.

What's yours?

No bacon?
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
JMcKinley
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2015 2:33:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/29/2015 1:08:17 PM, YYW wrote:
At 8/29/2015 5:16:14 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 8/28/2015 6:20:34 PM, YYW wrote:
I love burgers. They're like a favorite food of mine.

My ultimate burger is a medium rare cooked grass-fed beef patty, with caramelized onions, creamy horseradish sauce, sharp cheddar cheese, romaine lettuce, tomato, pickles (dill), on a toasted bun.

What's yours?

Medium rare, with onions mixed into the ground meat before cooking it, Worcestershire sauce, portobello mushroom slices, a few nice fat pieces of bacon, the dark ends of the romaine leaf, red onions, and Swiss cheese on a whole wheat roll.

I'm glad that you specified "medium rare." If a burger is more than medium-rare, it's over-cooked haha

In general, ground beef shouldn't be cooked medium rare. If the beef is fresh, clean, and healthy you will be fine. But if not, you may not be reaching high enough temperatures to kill off the dangerous stuff.

Steaks are fine to be cooked rare because the vast majority of bacteria are living on the external surfaces of the meat, which gets immediately seared when it hits the grill. Ground beef on the other hand can have an equal distribution of bacteria throughout, and needs to be thoroughly cooked all the way through.

I know that a lot of people cook their burgers a bit rare and never have any problems. But you won't catch me doing it, even though I love a rare steak.
YYW
Posts: 40,502
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2015 3:03:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/31/2015 2:33:12 PM, JMcKinley wrote:
At 8/29/2015 1:08:17 PM, YYW wrote:
At 8/29/2015 5:16:14 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 8/28/2015 6:20:34 PM, YYW wrote:
I love burgers. They're like a favorite food of mine.

My ultimate burger is a medium rare cooked grass-fed beef patty, with caramelized onions, creamy horseradish sauce, sharp cheddar cheese, romaine lettuce, tomato, pickles (dill), on a toasted bun.

What's yours?

Medium rare, with onions mixed into the ground meat before cooking it, Worcestershire sauce, portobello mushroom slices, a few nice fat pieces of bacon, the dark ends of the romaine leaf, red onions, and Swiss cheese on a whole wheat roll.

I'm glad that you specified "medium rare." If a burger is more than medium-rare, it's over-cooked haha

In general, ground beef shouldn't be cooked medium rare. If the beef is fresh, clean, and healthy you will be fine. But if not, you may not be reaching high enough temperatures to kill off the dangerous stuff.

If you're getting your ground beef from an unsanitary facility, or one that uses such substances as "pink slime" then yes, I agree, ground beef should be fully cooked. However, you also shouldn't be eating that kind of stuff. Some people do (because it's all that's available in their area or it's all they can afford), but this isn't an issue with quality ground beef from a reputable source.

Steaks are fine to be cooked rare because the vast majority of bacteria are living on the external surfaces of the meat, which gets immediately seared when it hits the grill. Ground beef on the other hand can have an equal distribution of bacteria throughout, and needs to be thoroughly cooked all the way through.

You are correct about surface bacteria, but be warned. There are substances such as "meat glue" which make steaks illusory, in that they appear to be solid pieces of meat but in reality are nothing of the sort.

I know that a lot of people cook their burgers a bit rare and never have any problems. But you won't catch me doing it, even though I love a rare steak.

Again, it just depends on where you're getting your ground beef from.
Trump did something right!

http://www.debate.org...

Discuss.
JMcKinley
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2015 4:31:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/31/2015 3:03:15 PM, YYW wrote:
At 8/31/2015 2:33:12 PM, JMcKinley wrote:
At 8/29/2015 1:08:17 PM, YYW wrote:
At 8/29/2015 5:16:14 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 8/28/2015 6:20:34 PM, YYW wrote:
I love burgers. They're like a favorite food of mine.

My ultimate burger is a medium rare cooked grass-fed beef patty, with caramelized onions, creamy horseradish sauce, sharp cheddar cheese, romaine lettuce, tomato, pickles (dill), on a toasted bun.

What's yours?

Medium rare, with onions mixed into the ground meat before cooking it, Worcestershire sauce, portobello mushroom slices, a few nice fat pieces of bacon, the dark ends of the romaine leaf, red onions, and Swiss cheese on a whole wheat roll.

I'm glad that you specified "medium rare." If a burger is more than medium-rare, it's over-cooked haha

In general, ground beef shouldn't be cooked medium rare. If the beef is fresh, clean, and healthy you will be fine. But if not, you may not be reaching high enough temperatures to kill off the dangerous stuff.

If you're getting your ground beef from an unsanitary facility, or one that uses such substances as "pink slime" then yes, I agree, ground beef should be fully cooked. However, you also shouldn't be eating that kind of stuff. Some people do (because it's all that's available in their area or it's all they can afford), but this isn't an issue with quality ground beef from a reputable source.

Steaks are fine to be cooked rare because the vast majority of bacteria are living on the external surfaces of the meat, which gets immediately seared when it hits the grill. Ground beef on the other hand can have an equal distribution of bacteria throughout, and needs to be thoroughly cooked all the way through.

You are correct about surface bacteria, but be warned. There are substances such as "meat glue" which make steaks illusory, in that they appear to be solid pieces of meat but in reality are nothing of the sort.

I know that a lot of people cook their burgers a bit rare and never have any problems. But you won't catch me doing it, even though I love a rare steak.

Again, it just depends on where you're getting your ground beef from.

I agree that it matters a great deal where you get your beef from. However; even from reputable sources I would be very wary. There are a lot of opportunities for contamination between the farm and your dinner plate. Potentially even off your own kitchen surfaces.

My grandparents are beef farmers. We get beef straight off the hoof. And we still cook it through. Ecoli is no joke.
JMcKinley
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2015 4:43:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Best burger I ever had went like this:

5 oz angus beef patty, seasoned
fried field mushrooms
provolone cheese
pickled peppers
pancetta bacon
beet relish

Its not my own burger. There is a local restaurant where I live that specializes in gourmet burgers. Its called Relish. This particular burger is known as the Jersey City. They also have another burger that is a close contender known as the Cabo Diablo.

They were founded in Fredericton NB Canada (my home), but they've started franchising out and you can now find them in Halifax, Edmonton and Vancouver.
Otokage
Posts: 2,414
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2015 6:23:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/28/2015 6:20:34 PM, YYW wrote:
I love burgers. They're like a favorite food of mine.

My ultimate burger is a medium rare cooked grass-fed beef patty, with caramelized onions, creamy horseradish sauce, sharp cheddar cheese, romaine lettuce, tomato, pickles (dill), on a toasted bun.

What's yours?

Wow I really have 3 burgers that I could not put on top of the other. They are from 2 different places. They are:

The Reily: beef , bacon , pickles , cheddar cheese , barbecue sauce, lettuce , tomato and red onion.

The Sorrentina: beef, arugula , mozzarella , oregano, dried tomatoes in olive oil and fried onion.

The Teriyaki: beef, cream-cheese , teriyaki sauce , fried onions, lettuce, tomato and seed bread.

I'm literaly in a big dilema everytime I crave for buger, because I can never decide!