Jump to topic:

Your Ultimate Burger?

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 6:20:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I love burgers. They're like a favorite food of mine.

My ultimate burger is a medium rare cooked grass-fed beef patty, with caramelized onions, creamy horseradish sauce, sharp cheddar cheese, romaine lettuce, tomato, pickles (dill), on a toasted bun.

What's yours?
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 6:32:40 PM
At 8/28/2015 6:20:34 PM, YYW wrote:

My ultimate burger is a medium rare cooked grass-fed beef patty, with caramelized onions, creamy horseradish sauce, sharp cheddar cheese, romaine lettuce, tomato, pickles (dill), on a toasted bun.

What's yours?

With Italian herbs and cheese buns, onion straws, meat patty, swiss cheese, bacon, Heinz 57 sauce, Patty, swiss cheese, baccon, Heinz 57, bun.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 6:46:39 PM
At 8/28/2015 6:32:40 PM, lannan13 wrote:

What's yours?

With Italian herbs and cheese buns, onion straws, meat patty, swiss cheese, bacon, Heinz 57 sauce, Patty, swiss cheese, baccon, Heinz 57, bun.

Mmmm.... sounds tasty.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 6:47:39 PM
At 8/28/2015 6:46:39 PM, YYW wrote:
At 8/28/2015 6:32:40 PM, lannan13 wrote:

What's yours?

Mmmm.... sounds tasty.

Indeed. Some caision curley fires with a tall glass of Root Bear sounds good.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 10:01:18 PM
For me, the ultimate burger would be composed of:

-A wheat bun
-Real beef, grilled and seasoned
-Real cheese
-Real, fresh lettuce, but not an excess of it
-No ketchup, mustard, or mayonnaise whatsoever
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 10:33:39 PM

What's yours?

I usually just stick to a typical big chess burger with pickles on it, but your combination sounds nice.

A burger which I desire to try is this:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk...

or

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com...
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 5:16:14 AM

What's yours?

Medium rare, with onions mixed into the ground meat before cooking it, Worcestershire sauce, portobello mushroom slices, a few nice fat pieces of bacon, the dark ends of the romaine leaf, red onions, and Swiss cheese on a whole wheat roll.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 1:08:17 PM
At 8/29/2015 5:16:14 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

What's yours?

Medium rare, with onions mixed into the ground meat before cooking it, Worcestershire sauce, portobello mushroom slices, a few nice fat pieces of bacon, the dark ends of the romaine leaf, red onions, and Swiss cheese on a whole wheat roll.

I'm glad that you specified "medium rare." If a burger is more than medium-rare, it's over-cooked haha
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 3:24:43 PM

What's yours?

You really got to try this.
http://chicagoist.com...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 3:58:03 PM
At 8/29/2015 3:24:43 PM, TBR wrote:

What's yours?

You really got to try this.
http://chicagoist.com...

Mmmm.... delicious.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 2:05:27 AM

What's yours?

Double Black Angus Beef patties; pepper jack cheese; bacon, lettuce, tomato and Sriracha Sauce!! Whole Wheat bun. With a side of sweet potato fries with some Ranch to dip them in.

Wash it all down with an iced Dr. Pepper.

Oh yeah!
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
Huntress
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 2:08:47 PM

I like the sound of that one.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2015 12:27:05 AM
Buttered and lightly toasted bun
2 half pound Angus patties, cooked medium (warm pink in center)
2 slices of melted aged cheddar
Lettuce, tomato, pickles, sauteed mushrooms, crispy bacon strips, fresh jalape"os
Mayo, mustard, BBQ sauce

Paired with curly fries and a strawberry shake... Delicious!
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2015 3:13:06 AM

What's yours?

No bacon?
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
JMcKinley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2015 2:33:12 PM
At 8/29/2015 1:08:17 PM, YYW wrote:

What's yours?

I'm glad that you specified "medium rare." If a burger is more than medium-rare, it's over-cooked haha

In general, ground beef shouldn't be cooked medium rare. If the beef is fresh, clean, and healthy you will be fine. But if not, you may not be reaching high enough temperatures to kill off the dangerous stuff.

Steaks are fine to be cooked rare because the vast majority of bacteria are living on the external surfaces of the meat, which gets immediately seared when it hits the grill. Ground beef on the other hand can have an equal distribution of bacteria throughout, and needs to be thoroughly cooked all the way through.

I know that a lot of people cook their burgers a bit rare and never have any problems. But you won't catch me doing it, even though I love a rare steak.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2015 3:03:15 PM
At 8/31/2015 2:33:12 PM, JMcKinley wrote:

What's yours?

In general, ground beef shouldn't be cooked medium rare. If the beef is fresh, clean, and healthy you will be fine. But if not, you may not be reaching high enough temperatures to kill off the dangerous stuff.

If you're getting your ground beef from an unsanitary facility, or one that uses such substances as "pink slime" then yes, I agree, ground beef should be fully cooked. However, you also shouldn't be eating that kind of stuff. Some people do (because it's all that's available in their area or it's all they can afford), but this isn't an issue with quality ground beef from a reputable source.

Steaks are fine to be cooked rare because the vast majority of bacteria are living on the external surfaces of the meat, which gets immediately seared when it hits the grill. Ground beef on the other hand can have an equal distribution of bacteria throughout, and needs to be thoroughly cooked all the way through.

You are correct about surface bacteria, but be warned. There are substances such as "meat glue" which make steaks illusory, in that they appear to be solid pieces of meat but in reality are nothing of the sort.

I know that a lot of people cook their burgers a bit rare and never have any problems. But you won't catch me doing it, even though I love a rare steak.

Again, it just depends on where you're getting your ground beef from.
JMcKinley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2015 4:31:52 PM
At 8/31/2015 3:03:15 PM, YYW wrote:
At 8/31/2015 2:33:12 PM, JMcKinley wrote:

What's yours?

If you're getting your ground beef from an unsanitary facility, or one that uses such substances as "pink slime" then yes, I agree, ground beef should be fully cooked. However, you also shouldn't be eating that kind of stuff. Some people do (because it's all that's available in their area or it's all they can afford), but this isn't an issue with quality ground beef from a reputable source.

You are correct about surface bacteria, but be warned. There are substances such as "meat glue" which make steaks illusory, in that they appear to be solid pieces of meat but in reality are nothing of the sort.

Again, it just depends on where you're getting your ground beef from.

I agree that it matters a great deal where you get your beef from. However; even from reputable sources I would be very wary. There are a lot of opportunities for contamination between the farm and your dinner plate. Potentially even off your own kitchen surfaces.

My grandparents are beef farmers. We get beef straight off the hoof. And we still cook it through. Ecoli is no joke.
JMcKinley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2015 4:43:10 PM
Best burger I ever had went like this:

5 oz angus beef patty, seasoned
fried field mushrooms
provolone cheese
pickled peppers
pancetta bacon
beet relish

Its not my own burger. There is a local restaurant where I live that specializes in gourmet burgers. Its called Relish. This particular burger is known as the Jersey City. They also have another burger that is a close contender known as the Cabo Diablo.

They were founded in Fredericton NB Canada (my home), but they've started franchising out and you can now find them in Halifax, Edmonton and Vancouver.
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2015 6:23:57 PM

What's yours?

Wow I really have 3 burgers that I could not put on top of the other. They are from 2 different places. They are:

The Reily: beef , bacon , pickles , cheddar cheese , barbecue sauce, lettuce , tomato and red onion.

The Sorrentina: beef, arugula , mozzarella , oregano, dried tomatoes in olive oil and fried onion.

The Teriyaki: beef, cream-cheese , teriyaki sauce , fried onions, lettuce, tomato and seed bread.

I'm literaly in a big dilema everytime I crave for buger, because I can never decide!