Jump to topic:

Finding Friends

XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2015 5:05:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
So I'm already on my 2nd week in college and I got some friends. However I'm facing a dilemma. I actually hang out with 2 groups of friends. One group I can relate with, but I don't like them too much. The other is I can't relate with, but I like them.

I really just want to hang out with 1 group, and not two. So I need some tips and advice to find other new friends or find a way to deal with these friends that I'm already hanging out with.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2015 9:09:56 PM
At 9/4/2015 5:05:39 PM, XLAV wrote:
So I'm already on my 2nd week in college and I got some friends. However I'm facing a dilemma. I actually hang out with 2 groups of friends. One group I can relate with, but I don't like them too much. The other is I can't relate with, but I like them.

I really just want to hang out with 1 group, and not two. So I need some tips and advice to find other new friends or find a way to deal with these friends that I'm already hanging out with.

What differs these two groups appart?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2015 9:10:11 PM
At 9/4/2015 9:09:56 PM, lannan13 wrote:

*apart
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Lovetheworld4real
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2015 6:12:34 AM
You don't have to relate. I know a really awesome bada** who is sensible and humorous. I don't relate to her personality well but we're pretty good friends. My BFF is relatable 50% and we're different the other 50%. So I would hang out with the peeps you like best and get along with best.

P.S- most my friends don't relate well
Live Love Laugh
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2015 6:18:12 AM

How about you friend them individually and not collectively as groups?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2015 3:01:38 PM
At 9/4/2015 9:09:56 PM, lannan13 wrote:

one is more sociable and the other is more queit, which I relate with.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2015 3:02:09 PM
At 9/7/2015 6:18:12 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

How about you friend them individually and not collectively as groups?

I do, but sometimes they move around in groups.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2015 3:04:52 PM
My advice is to stop asking people if they're white and calling them naughty words if they aren't.

Also, I'm not sure if you can have a friend whom you don't relate to...depending on what you mean by relate. As long as you have common interests, you can relate to them.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2015 5:20:07 PM
I generally find it hard to be friends with people I don't like.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2015 5:26:52 PM
Yama's flawless (usually aside from with weird people) advice for making new acquantences:

- Wear something nice
- Greet people you see by themselves
- Chat up people in your class
- Pick random groups of people to introduce yourself to/eat with
- GO TO EVENTS WITH OTHER PEOPLE
- Flirt with nice girls you meet (I can teach you how I do it but usually let my voice and appearance work to my advantage)
- AND DON'T BE AN A**HOLE
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Karan_m
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2015 5:54:25 AM
The advice I am going to give you may seem to philosophical and illogical but it definitely will work.
Take a coin and keep heads for one group and tails foe the other.Now toss the coin.Main thing comes here.Don't look at the result whether its heads or tails.The thing you need to do is close your eyes when you are about to toss the coin and hear to your heart whether it wants heads or tails as a results and go with your heart.If you feel confused choosing the two of them then I will suggest you to make new friends.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2015 3:04:53 PM
At 9/7/2015 3:04:52 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
My advice is to stop asking people if they're white and calling them naughty words if they aren't.
irl =/= ddo