Jump to topic:

I had my first collision...

mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 5:02:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I was driving down my neighborhood road at 25mph and I had the right of way, but this young man in a truck built like a tank ran a stop sign and knocked out my right front turn signal and crumpled my fender even though I swerved and hit the breaks. He was ruled at fault, and everyone was super nice to me. Neither of us were hurt, though I'm dealing with some minor whiplash. And the car I was driving is 20 years old and already totaled, lol.

I must say, if you're gonna have a collision, in front of a policeman's house in your own neighborhood at low speed is the place to do it!

I'm just glad everyone is okay and my parents don't hate me.

I'm nervous about driving again though. I was just starting to get comfortable with it.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 5:20:59 AM
At 9/9/2015 5:02:26 AM, mishapqueen wrote:
I was driving down my neighborhood road at 25mph and I had the right of way, but this young man in a truck built like a tank ran a stop sign and knocked out my right front turn signal and crumpled my fender even though I swerved and hit the breaks. He was ruled at fault, and everyone was super nice to me. Neither of us were hurt, though I'm dealing with some minor whiplash. And the car I was driving is 20 years old and already totaled, lol.

I must say, if you're gonna have a collision, in front of a policeman's house in your own neighborhood at low speed is the place to do it!

I'm nervous about driving again though. I was just starting to get comfortable with it.

I'm glad you're okay! Though...you can't say "Neither of us was hurt" and then "I have whiplash", whiplash hurts...

As someone who generally rides a motorcycle, I tend to drive even when I'm driving a car as though everyone is actively trying to kill me. "How's this guy gonna try to do it? He could just blow through that light..."
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 5:26:12 AM
At 9/9/2015 5:20:59 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:

I'm glad you're okay! Though...you can't say "Neither of us was hurt" and then "I have whiplash", whiplash hurts...
It's pretty minor, I think. He only dinged the front corner of my car, and I was only going 25, so the only real hurt was to my turn signal.

As someone who generally rides a motorcycle, I tend to drive even when I'm driving a car as though everyone is actively trying to kill me. "How's this guy gonna try to do it? He could just blow through that light..."
That sounds like a good idea. I expected him to stop, and when he didn't, I hit the brakes as hard as I could and swerved out into the middle of the road.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 11:48:54 AM
Good that you're okay.

Don't be too nervous, though.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 3:21:07 PM
At 9/9/2015 11:48:54 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Good that you're okay.

I'll try, but I am kinda nervous.

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 3:47:15 PM
At 9/9/2015 3:21:07 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
Good that you're okay.

being kinda nervous is ok but as harder said don't be too nervous, because that could distract you more than not caring at all
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 3:58:01 PM
At 9/9/2015 3:47:15 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 9/9/2015 3:21:07 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
Good that you're okay.

being kinda nervous is ok but as harder said don't be too nervous, because that could distract you more than not caring at all

Okay

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 5:14:16 PM
At 9/9/2015 4:28:56 PM, XLAV wrote:
He was distracted by your beauty.

Lol, thanks, but I doubt it. He claimed he didn't see me

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 5:55:31 PM
At 9/9/2015 5:14:16 PM, mishapqueen wrote:

just means its true and he's embarassed
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 6:03:10 PM

It's hard to be mad at someone who wasn't in the wrong.
The lesson to be learned here is to be ever vigilant while driving. I don't like defensive drivers, but just be aware that just because you have the right of way, does not people will respect it.
Don't be nervous, just be watchful.
My work here is, finally, done.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 6:08:12 PM
At 9/9/2015 6:03:10 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

It's hard to be mad at someone who wasn't in the wrong.
The lesson to be learned here is to be ever vigilant while driving. I don't like defensive drivers, but just be aware that just because you have the right of way, does not people will respect it.
Don't be nervous, just be watchful.

Good advice, thank you

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 6:09:09 PM
At 9/9/2015 5:55:31 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 9/9/2015 5:14:16 PM, mishapqueen wrote:

just means its true and he's embarassed

Lol, he pulled out from around a corner. There's no way he knew what I looked like. It happened too fast.

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 3:24:51 AM

Driving is serious business. I am a highly aggressive driver, but I'm also a safe driver in that I don't put myself or other people in danger.

However, the girl that almost ran me over while she blew threw an intersection without looking and ran a stop sign when I was in the middle of the road... well, she is a lawsuit waiting to happen.
Tsar of DDO
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 4:49:26 AM
At 9/10/2015 3:24:51 AM, YYW wrote:

Driving is serious business. I am a highly aggressive driver, but I'm also a safe driver in that I don't put myself or other people in danger.

However, the girl that almost ran me over while she blew threw an intersection without looking and ran a stop sign when I was in the middle of the road... well, she is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

I'm a serious driver too and pretty careful. Especially if other people are in the car. However I'm not aggressive at all. XD

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam