Total Posts:5|Showing Posts:1-5
Jump to topic:

Professional peoples - what does this mean?

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 5:54:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I received the following email from a temp agency, after speaking with them (unannounced) for the first time last week.

Good Afternoon [Khaos],

I hope you had a great weekend. I thank you for sending over your resume. I connected with my partner who works directly with [Khaos's current employer] for all the contractors that we have out there currently. With the fact that [Khaos's current employer] being a current client of ours I am not able to pull you from that current role and place you somewhere else. You seem like a great candidate with a great work history. I would be able to be a resource for you once you have put in your 2 week notice and have a confirmed end date with them. I am sure you can understand that it would be a poor business decision for us to pull employees from our current business partners.

I would love to be of a resource for you in the future and please let me know if things change and you do put in your two week notice. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you for understanding and I hope you have a great day!

Kind Regards,
[Temp Agent]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is this a brush off?
I don't really get the conflict of interest angle, especially since I'm losing my job on the first of the year, and I am not a temp. Why does the fact there are temps here currently matter, especially, when in the foreseen future, my current employer will not need any future ones (so, losing the client is not an issue)?

Should I lie and say I put in my notice?
My work here is, finally, done.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 8:01:42 PM
Well, it is a conflict for them. I am sure they have an agreement with the company. They cant be helping current employees find jobs outside the company they have a current contract with.

If you quit, then sure it changes the situation. Not a brush off, just what they have to do.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 8:24:22 PM
At 9/9/2015 8:01:42 PM, TBR wrote:
Well, it is a conflict for them. I am sure they have an agreement with the company. They cant be helping current employees find jobs outside the company they have a current contract with.

If you quit, then sure it changes the situation. Not a brush off, just what they have to do.

This doesn't make sense to me, though. I mean, it does, but it doesn't.
By that standard, IMO, they should not ever help me, or at least wait a while, so they don't facilitate an employee quitting.

Further, given the known circumstances that all current temps, and employees of the company, are going to be laid off, it doesn't make since, since their contracts are voided anyway.
Also, presumably, another employee here is NOT given this contract BS as the temp agency is aggressively looking for work for this person. There are many objective differences between me and this other person, but, it doesn't seem consistent to help them but not me.
My work here is, finally, done.
ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 1:34:54 PM
At 9/9/2015 8:24:22 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 9/9/2015 8:01:42 PM, TBR wrote:

This doesn't make sense to me, though. I mean, it does, but it doesn't.
By that standard, IMO, they should not ever help me, or at least wait a while, so they don't facilitate an employee quitting.

Further, given the known circumstances that all current temps, and employees of the company, are going to be laid off, it doesn't make since, since their contracts are voided anyway.
Also, presumably, another employee here is NOT given this contract BS as the temp agency is aggressively looking for work for this person. There are many objective differences between me and this other person, but, it doesn't seem consistent to help them but not me.

Your real name is Khaos? Lol. JK. I run my own business and I think TBR is right.
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 11:37:04 PM
Doesn't seem like a brush off to me, it's more likely that they have an anti-poaching agreement of some kind.

I wouldn't lie about putting in your 2 weeks, especially since they seem to be able to easily verify that. I'd just do as the email says, and contact them if you quit or end your contract.