Total Posts:38|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Wylted's advice column/ and self help advice

1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,098
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 4:15:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
To take an idea from George Carlin - how would it be self-help if it comes from you?
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,376
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 3:42:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/13/2015 9:45:13 PM, Wylted wrote:
I can fix you or you can go fix yourself. Ask me for advice, fools.

What should I do if a guy knocks on my door at 3 am in the morning?
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 3:45:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/14/2015 3:42:10 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 9/13/2015 9:45:13 PM, Wylted wrote:
I can fix you or you can go fix yourself. Ask me for advice, fools.

What should I do if a guy knocks on my door at 3 am in the morning?

If you have a gun, open the door and stick it in his face. A less extreme option requiring no gun, is to yell in an intimidating voice "what the fvck do you want"!!!!

Doing so may turn a criminal looking for an easy target to rob or rape away. If the person ignores your yell, inform them you're calling the cops and then do so. Get dressed and grab a weapon, just in case the cops don't get there in time.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,212
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 3:48:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/13/2015 9:45:13 PM, Wylted wrote:
I can fix you or you can go fix yourself. Ask me for advice, fools.

Why are whites so damn quiet in movie theaters?
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,376
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 3:51:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/14/2015 3:45:39 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 9/14/2015 3:42:10 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 9/13/2015 9:45:13 PM, Wylted wrote:
I can fix you or you can go fix yourself. Ask me for advice, fools.

What should I do if a guy knocks on my door at 3 am in the morning?

If you have a gun, open the door and stick it in his face. A less extreme option requiring no gun, is to yell in an intimidating voice "what the fvck do you want"!!!!

Doing so may turn a criminal looking for an easy target to rob or rape away. If the person ignores your yell, inform them you're calling the cops and then do so. Get dressed and grab a weapon, just in case the cops don't get there in time.

What if he needed help?
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 3:52:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/14/2015 3:51:35 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 9/14/2015 3:45:39 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 9/14/2015 3:42:10 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 9/13/2015 9:45:13 PM, Wylted wrote:
I can fix you or you can go fix yourself. Ask me for advice, fools.

What should I do if a guy knocks on my door at 3 am in the morning?

If you have a gun, open the door and stick it in his face. A less extreme option requiring no gun, is to yell in an intimidating voice "what the fvck do you want"!!!!

Doing so may turn a criminal looking for an easy target to rob or rape away. If the person ignores your yell, inform them you're calling the cops and then do so. Get dressed and grab a weapon, just in case the cops don't get there in time.

What if he needed help?

You're first priority is your own safety, and your rudeness wouldn't deter an individual in true need of help. In most cases, people just need you to call the cops on their behalf anyway, so both of you can remain safe and get the help you need.
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,376
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 3:53:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/14/2015 3:52:57 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 9/14/2015 3:51:35 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 9/14/2015 3:45:39 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 9/14/2015 3:42:10 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 9/13/2015 9:45:13 PM, Wylted wrote:
I can fix you or you can go fix yourself. Ask me for advice, fools.

What should I do if a guy knocks on my door at 3 am in the morning?

If you have a gun, open the door and stick it in his face. A less extreme option requiring no gun, is to yell in an intimidating voice "what the fvck do you want"!!!!

Doing so may turn a criminal looking for an easy target to rob or rape away. If the person ignores your yell, inform them you're calling the cops and then do so. Get dressed and grab a weapon, just in case the cops don't get there in time.

What if he needed help?

You're first priority is your own safety, and your rudeness wouldn't deter an individual in true need of help. In most cases, people just need you to call the cops on their behalf anyway, so both of you can remain safe and get the help you need.

Ok.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 3:53:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/14/2015 3:48:20 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 9/13/2015 9:45:13 PM, Wylted wrote:
I can fix you or you can go fix yourself. Ask me for advice, fools.

Why are whites so damn quiet in movie theaters?

I think whites have higher self esteem and therefore do not feel the need to always be the center of attention. They can allow the movie to be the center of attention.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,212
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 4:04:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/14/2015 3:53:50 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 9/14/2015 3:48:20 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 9/13/2015 9:45:13 PM, Wylted wrote:
I can fix you or you can go fix yourself. Ask me for advice, fools.

Why are whites so damn quiet in movie theaters?

I think whites have higher self esteem and therefore do not feel the need to always be the center of attention. They can allow the movie to be the center of attention.
Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 7:15:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/13/2015 9:45:13 PM, Wylted wrote:
I can fix you or you can go fix yourself. Ask me for advice, fools.

What color do you want to paint our living room?
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 2:04:41 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/14/2015 7:15:40 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/13/2015 9:45:13 PM, Wylted wrote:
I can fix you or you can go fix yourself. Ask me for advice, fools.

What color do you want to paint our living room?

It depends on what direction the house is facing. The Feng Shui is real
ClashnBoom
Posts: 886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 12:10:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
How do I defeat you in debate?

How do I deal with nostalgia attacks?

How do I become a less lazy?
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
Sravaka
Posts: 23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 12:35:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/14/2015 3:53:50 PM, Wylted wrote:
I think whites have higher self esteem and therefore do not feel the need to always be the center of attention. They can allow the movie to be the center of attention.

I think you either nailed it on the head, or came damn close. Well said.
"The three kinds of feelings, O monks, are impermanent, compounded, dependently arisen, liable to destruction, to evanescence, to fading away, to cessation " namely, pleasant feeling, painful feeling, and neutral feeling."
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 4:04:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/13/2015 9:45:13 PM, Wylted wrote:
I can fix you or you can go fix yourself. Ask me for advice, fools.

My son has taken to showing his wee off. Now, seeing the pride and enjoyment he takes in wee displays, I am at a cross-roads. You seem like the raincoat type - Just how does a parent properly support a young exhibitionist.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 4:27:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/15/2015 12:10:33 PM, ClashnBoom wrote:
How do I defeat you in debate?

You're focus should be on beating yourself. Beat your best self. Somebody could legitimately lose and still win the debate by luck. Be it you or your opponent. Or maybe your destined to win or lose and your ability doesn't matter. This is why you should just focus on beating yourself. What if you become the best in the world? Will you just stop? Or would it be better just to continue what you've always done, and just improve/beat yourself.

How do I deal with nostalgia attacks?

I'll come back to his one.

How do I become a less lazy?

Put a gun to your own head, (metaphorically speaking). For example, have you heard of the dog food diet?

A person will declare publicly that if they don't lose 10 pounds in 3 months, they'll eat a can of dog food and make sure they publicize this fact a ton. This type of pressure can be replicated a million ways. A timer for cleaning the house. If you don't feel like cleaning the house, set a timer for 15 minutes and just tough out the first minute, while the ticking time bomb is ticking.

If you want to overcome laziness stick a gun to your head. That's the short term solution. For longer term solutions, make sure you're eating a proper diet and getting good sleep. Also remember that discipline is like a muscle, the more discipline you practice, the easier it becomes. Start finding excuses to use discipline. Use it every chance you can.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 4:34:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/15/2015 4:04:10 PM, TBR wrote:
At 9/13/2015 9:45:13 PM, Wylted wrote:
I can fix you or you can go fix yourself. Ask me for advice, fools.

My son has taken to showing his wee off. Now, seeing the pride and enjoyment he takes in wee displays, I am at a cross-roads. You seem like the raincoat type - Just how does a parent properly support a young exhibitionist.

It's a phase. Usually it's begins and ends around 2 or 3 years old. I'd say let him go wild around the house as long as it's just family around, but make sure that he knows it's inappropriate behavior in public. I've never heard of this phase lasting more than 6 months to a year.

Of course if he is not well behaved in other regards, this may be a good time to practice disciplining him in your preferred method, so he is less resistant to discipline later on, and you don't make discipline impossible where it's most needed (in the teenage years). However, if he's well disciplined in other regards, I see no problem in waiting out this phase, and it's to probably preferable to do so, that way he remains comfortable with his body.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 4:37:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/15/2015 12:35:40 PM, Sravaka wrote:
At 9/14/2015 3:53:50 PM, Wylted wrote:
I think whites have higher self esteem and therefore do not feel the need to always be the center of attention. They can allow the movie to be the center of attention.


I think you either nailed it on the head, or came damn close. Well said.

I've studied the issue a lot. There is unfortunately some self hate (low self esteem can be likened to self hate) prevalent in the black community.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 4:40:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/15/2015 12:10:33 PM, ClashnBoom wrote:
How do I defeat you in debate?

How do I deal with nostalgia attacks?

"Nostalgia attacks" can have multiple meanings. What does that word combination, mean to you?

How do I become a less lazy?
ClashnBoom
Posts: 886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 4:44:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/15/2015 4:40:45 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 9/15/2015 12:10:33 PM, ClashnBoom wrote:
How do I defeat you in debate?

How do I deal with nostalgia attacks?

"Nostalgia attacks" can have multiple meanings. What does that word combination, mean to you?
Po-Po-Pokemon. I really miss my childhood and I get flashbacks and what not it kinda makes me sad. Also people in my childhood are now just memories.
How do I become a less lazy?
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
ClashnBoom
Posts: 886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 4:57:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/15/2015 4:46:20 PM, XLAV wrote:
how can I love myself?
Well. Get your dominant hand and umm just squeeze while watching some XXX.

how do I talk to people more?
Open your mouth and speak in front of people.

how do I become everyones friend?
Be my friend.
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 4:59:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/15/2015 4:43:29 PM, XLAV wrote:
why are whites superior?

how do i become white?

Just be yourself. The whites are superior because they migrated to more unlivable conditions, just as all the non black faces have. The Africans evolved very little since homosapiens arrived in Africa, they had very nice conditions, plentiful food and good weather. There was no survival of the fittest, just survival of the luckiest.

The non black races who migrated out of Africa were exposed to harsher conditions, allowing the stupid ones to die off. The colder the environment, the more smart a person had to be to survive. Just like dogs have been selectively breed and are now superior to wolves, so is the white man to the black man. The black population is catching up in white countries because of interbreeding. The blacks in America still have a low average IQ, but it's like 20 points higher than other Africans.

It's likely your ancestors faced tougher conditions, by migrating out of Africa and your race has faced the same selective breeding. So you should feel happy that you are at least not black.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 5:02:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/15/2015 4:44:05 PM, ClashnBoom wrote:
At 9/15/2015 4:40:45 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 9/15/2015 12:10:33 PM, ClashnBoom wrote:
How do I defeat you in debate?

How do I deal with nostalgia attacks?

"Nostalgia attacks" can have multiple meanings. What does that word combination, mean to you?
Po-Po-Pokemon. I really miss my childhood and I get flashbacks and what not it kinda makes me sad. Also people in my childhood are now just memories.
How do I become a less lazy?

I think you do that by appreciating what you have now. Try a technique called "negative visualization" when you play your current games, imagine that tomorrow a fire will come and destroy them all, or that the fire is coming to destroy them any second. You'll appreciate that thing that much more. Negative visualization works with everything. Imagine that your mom is going to be dead tomorrow every time you see her, and you'll start making the most of every single moment with her. Negative visualization helps you live in the moment.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 5:08:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/15/2015 4:46:20 PM, XLAV wrote:
how can I love myself?

By erasing your doubts. Doubt is the enemy. Chase it down and kill it, everywhere you find it. If you live without self doubt, than you'll be a more confident person and love yourself more.

how do I talk to people more?

Alcohol is a good social lubricant, if shyness is your problem. If it's just not going out and meeting people enough, start having hobbies that involve other people. You may feel off standish, when beginning these hobbies, but eventually you'll cave and start talking to other people on your bowling team, or whatever hobby you pick up.

how do I become everyones friend?

A friend of everyone is a friend of nobody. Seek out high quality friends, not high quantity friends. If you have one good friend, you're better off than 90% of people, in hose regards.
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,630
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 9:32:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/13/2015 9:45:13 PM, Wylted wrote:
I can fix you or you can go fix yourself. Ask me for advice, fools.

How do I start a topic in the religion forum that won't ignite a flame war?
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2015 8:41:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/15/2015 9:32:19 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 9/13/2015 9:45:13 PM, Wylted wrote:
I can fix you or you can go fix yourself. Ask me for advice, fools.

How do I start a topic in the religion forum that won't ignite a flame war?

Make it extremely narrow. Instead of something extremely general like a small essay on whether the bible is the word of God, try starting a topic on stuff historians use to verify that the writings of Josephus are reliable and asks people's opinions on those reasons, not there opinion on whether the writings of Osephus are reliable or not.

There it is. Be narrow, and focus on tiny pieces, instead of the big picture.