Jump to topic:

4001st Post Thread

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2015 2:58:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I planned on making this thread for my 4000th post, but that one slipped by me.

Well, here I am at 4000(plus 1) forum posts. I would like to take this opportunity to state one of my long-term goals for DDO:
http://m.youtube.com...
Obviously I cannot be the best debater on DDO. That's simply not going to happen. HOWEVER, I can eventually become the oldest active user.

Think about it like this: Ore_Ele had the most posts of anyone for a time. But then he left and he probably isn't coming back. This demonstrates a simple principle: people generally don't stay on DDO for more than a couple years. Within 2 years either YYW or Bsh1 will probably leave DDO. Within 5 years it's almost guaranteed that both will be gone. Airmax will eventually think to himself "Hey wait a minute, what the heck am I doing with my life?" and pass on the job of DDO Moderator to someone else, leaving the Site. RevNge had a crazy post count in a really short time but he too left DDO.
Within 1 year with this 1 account I've accumulated 4,000 posts, and it hasn't quite been a full year.

Thus, if I stay on the site long enough, I'll be the most veteran user around and I'll eventually have the highest post count. This'll come to fruition if I stick around somewhere from 7-10 years. This is one goal of mine, and please don't ruin it by staying on DDO for 12 years and accumulating 50k forum posts. Thank you.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2015 4:11:53 PM
At 9/18/2015 2:58:30 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Well, here I am at 4000(plus 1) forum posts. I would like to take this opportunity to state one of my long-term goals for DDO:
Obviously I cannot be the best debater on DDO. That's simply not going to happen. HOWEVER, I can eventually become the oldest active user.

Think about it like this: Ore_Ele had the most posts of anyone for a time. But then he left and he probably isn't coming back. RIP.

This demonstrates a simple principle: people generally don't stay on DDO for more than a couple years. Within 2 years either YYW or Bsh1 will probably leave DDO.
If true I think it'll be YYW

Within 5 years it's almost guaranteed that both will be gone.I think they won't stay gone.

Airmax will eventually think to himself "Hey wait a minute, what the heck am I doing with my life?" I thought he would ask that sooner.

and pass on the job of DDO Moderator to someone else, leaving the Site. RevNge had a crazy post count in a really short time but he too left DDO.
He didn't get bored from what I heard it was a family matter.

Within 1 year with this 1 account I've accumulated 4,000 posts, and it hasn't quite been a full year.
Mostly because you use the forums rather than the polls, debates, opinions or PMs.

Thus, if I stay on the site long enough, I'll be the most veteran user around and I'll eventually have the highest post count. This'll come to fruition if I stick around somewhere from 7-10 years. This is one goal of mine, and please don't ruin it by staying on DDO for 12 years and accumulating 50k forum posts. Thank you.

I plan on staying here long but not twelve years.

And wait. Your saying you won't get a life? And what about Imabench? 16K? Responsibly irresponsible? Lannan13? Etc.
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2015 5:13:39 PM
At 9/18/2015 4:11:53 PM, ClashnBoom wrote:

Think about it like this: Ore_Ele had the most posts of anyone for a time. But then he left and he probably isn't coming back. RIP.

This demonstrates a simple principle: people generally don't stay on DDO for more than a couple years. Within 2 years either YYW or Bsh1 will probably leave DDO.
If true I think it'll be YYW

Within 5 years it's almost guaranteed that both will be gone.I think they won't stay gone.

Airmax will eventually think to himself "Hey wait a minute, what the heck am I doing with my life?" I thought he would ask that sooner.

and pass on the job of DDO Moderator to someone else, leaving the Site. RevNge had a crazy post count in a really short time but he too left DDO.
He didn't get bored from what I heard it was a family matter.

Mostly because you use the forums rather than the polls, debates, opinions or PMs.

I plan on staying here long but not twelve years.

And wait. Your saying you won't get a life? And what about Imabench? 16K? Responsibly irresponsible? Lannan13? Etc.

I do have a life. But DDO is part of that life.

The DDO Blog:

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2015 10:55:27 PM

Think about it like this: Ore_Ele had the most posts of anyone for a time. But then he left and he probably isn't coming back. This demonstrates a simple principle: people generally don't stay on DDO for more than a couple years. Within 2 years either YYW or Bsh1 will probably leave DDO. Within 5 years it's almost guaranteed that both will be gone. Airmax will eventually think to himself "Hey wait a minute, what the heck am I doing with my life?" and pass on the job of DDO Moderator to someone else, leaving the Site. RevNge had a crazy post count in a really short time but he too left DDO.

How dare you throw the gauntlent.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2015 2:37:52 AM
At 9/18/2015 10:55:27 PM, lannan13 wrote:

How dare you throw the gauntlet.

I fail to understand what "throw the gauntlet" means.

The DDO Blog:

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2015 2:44:35 AM
I don't see Ore_Ele staying off forever. He was inactive when I first joined, he's been inactive before that, and he'll be active again one day.

Rev will be back - probably sometime in the year.

I have a feeling YYW would be the one to go into inactivity in awhile - but I don't think he will outright leave.

Bsh will probably not outright leave, and I give him quite a bit of time before he starts to become inactive...like, quite a bit of time.

Max will step down from moderation eventually, of course. But I simply don't think he'd leave. If anything, when he steps down I think he'll be more active in the forums.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2015 2:47:24 AM
At 9/19/2015 2:37:52 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 9/18/2015 10:55:27 PM, lannan13 wrote:

How dare you throw the gauntlet.

I fail to understand what "throw the gauntlet" means.

It means that you are challenging others.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2015 3:02:36 AM

Wow... that was quite sad to think about...
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2015 10:08:58 PM
At 9/19/2015 3:02:36 AM, Midnight1131 wrote:

Wow... that was quite sad to think about...

In the words of Nikita Khruschev, "I burry you."