Jump to topic:

I'm leaving

ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 1:07:50 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
*Insert all the typical "I'm serious this time" disclaimers (though, in reality, I don't really give the slightest scintilla of a fck about whether anyone 'believes' me)*

The title says it all--I'm leaving, and I won't be returning. This has been a long time in the making, and to be perfect honest I was hoping I'd muster up the gumption to stick with it the last time. But every time I was drawn back in--whether it was because a friend was being bullied, or because it appeared that mafia was again a thing, or because my faith in the website was in some way, minute or not, restored.

But those all proved transitory, and I'm becoming increasingly apathetic about the direction of this website. In my mind, it's been on a downward spiral for the past year, and I don't see it picking up. I don't want to point fingers, or even condemn well-intentioned, good-hearted people seeking to restore it. Best of luck to them, and may they--for the good of anyone reading this--be successful in their endeavors, but I haven't much faith.

On top of that, I'm not going to lie: I open the forums, and see easily 3-5 things that make me visibly irate. There are people on this website who genuinely despise me personally, and to say that the feeling is mutual is an understatement. To say that I view these people as scum of the earth would be friendly, and if I had the ability to go back in time and refine the way in which I handled my dealings with these people, I now acknowledge that I would far more forceful and a whole lot less forgiving--so, at the very least, I can thank them for assisting me, whether they intended to or not, my own personal reaction function.

But, really, there are people here who have grated on my last nerve and many who are unjustifiably condescending, their lamentable ignorance and lack of self-awareness at their own unmitigated stupidity notwithstanding. If I weren't (a) too busy and involved in real-life stuff (i.e., stuff that matters a whole lot more than some bullsh1t feud on an internet debating website frequented mostly by emotionally unstable teenagers and young adults pretending *not* to be emotionally unstable teenagers) and (b) too apathetic, I would devote this post to calling out each and every one of these people. But I won't do that. To these people--and you know who you are--it's your lucky day. I would say, "I won't be so generous in the future," but we both know there won't *be* a future, and that's a wondrous development for all parties involved.

To my friends on here--and there are many of you--I thank you for all the good times we've had. In particular, I'd like to acknowledge 16k, SpencerJoyage14, and Zaradi, though there are many, many more than I can readily name on three hours of sleep. The three of you, among many others, have made the past year and a half bearable, and hopefully I'll be able to, in some way, keep in touch with many of you. (I *think* most of you have my contact information; if not, I'll get it to you somehow.)

One last thing: if you're one of these "people," don't be a psuedo-aggressive prick, and try to "get the last word in." I'm going to say upfront that I'm not responding to your bullsh1t. In fact, I'm going to block this website from my browser the second that this is posted. It doesn't make you "bigger" than me: it proves that you're an unbelievable, intellectually dishonest coward unwilling to engage me *head-on.* I can only hope that your--and this is a "plural" noun, for the illiterate in need of further help--true colors will one day come out, and that people on this website will have wisened up by that point. A guy can only dream. I won't count on it.

Peace and love,

~Joey
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 1:33:32 AM
Progressivedem22

JohnMaynardKeynes

MonetaryOffset

BobTurner

JollyTodd

InsertAliasHere

ResponsiblyIrresponsible

Whatever other names you've gone under...

Farewell :(

You will be missed (and so will the Economics Forum, which is going to die along with you)
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 1:51:14 AM
A few incidents notwithstanding, you've been a positive influence on this Site. Farewell and good luck in life.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 1:58:13 AM
It's over its done. Rip Joey.
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 2:07:35 AM
At 9/25/2015 1:33:32 AM, Romanii wrote:
Progressivedem22

JohnMaynardKeynes

MonetaryOffset

BobTurner

JollyTodd

InsertAliasHere

ResponsiblyIrresponsible

Whatever other names you've gone under...

Farewell :(

You will be missed (and so will the Economics Forum, which is going to die along with you)

Woah, I didn't know he was all these people. I'm really out of the loop :/
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 2:48:49 AM
At 9/25/2015 1:07:50 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
*Insert all the typical "I'm serious this time" disclaimers (though, in reality, I don't really give the slightest scintilla of a fck about whether anyone 'believes' me)*

The title says it all--I'm leaving, and I won't be returning. This has been a long time in the making, and to be perfect honest I was hoping I'd muster up the gumption to stick with it the last time. But every time I was drawn back in--whether it was because a friend was being bullied, or because it appeared that mafia was again a thing, or because my faith in the website was in some way, minute or not, restored.

But those all proved transitory, and I'm becoming increasingly apathetic about the direction of this website. In my mind, it's been on a downward spiral for the past year, and I don't see it picking up. I don't want to point fingers, or even condemn well-intentioned, good-hearted people seeking to restore it. Best of luck to them, and may they--for the good of anyone reading this--be successful in their endeavors, but I haven't much faith.

On top of that, I'm not going to lie: I open the forums, and see easily 3-5 things that make me visibly irate. There are people on this website who genuinely despise me personally, and to say that the feeling is mutual is an understatement. To say that I view these people as scum of the earth would be friendly, and if I had the ability to go back in time and refine the way in which I handled my dealings with these people, I now acknowledge that I would far more forceful and a whole lot less forgiving--so, at the very least, I can thank them for assisting me, whether they intended to or not, my own personal reaction function.

But, really, there are people here who have grated on my last nerve and many who are unjustifiably condescending, their lamentable ignorance and lack of self-awareness at their own unmitigated stupidity notwithstanding. If I weren't (a) too busy and involved in real-life stuff (i.e., stuff that matters a whole lot more than some bullsh1t feud on an internet debating website frequented mostly by emotionally unstable teenagers and young adults pretending *not* to be emotionally unstable teenagers) and (b) too apathetic, I would devote this post to calling out each and every one of these people. But I won't do that. To these people--and you know who you are--it's your lucky day. I would say, "I won't be so generous in the future," but we both know there won't *be* a future, and that's a wondrous development for all parties involved.

To my friends on here--and there are many of you--I thank you for all the good times we've had. In particular, I'd like to acknowledge 16k, SpencerJoyage14, and Zaradi, though there are many, many more than I can readily name on three hours of sleep. The three of you, among many others, have made the past year and a half bearable, and hopefully I'll be able to, in some way, keep in touch with many of you. (I *think* most of you have my contact information; if not, I'll get it to you somehow.)

One last thing: if you're one of these "people," don't be a psuedo-aggressive prick, and try to "get the last word in." I'm going to say upfront that I'm not responding to your bullsh1t. In fact, I'm going to block this website from my browser the second that this is posted. It doesn't make you "bigger" than me: it proves that you're an unbelievable, intellectually dishonest coward unwilling to engage me *head-on.* I can only hope that your--and this is a "plural" noun, for the illiterate in need of further help--true colors will one day come out, and that people on this website will have wisened up by that point. A guy can only dream. I won't count on it.

Peace and love,

~Joey

Bye.... :(
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 3:11:11 AM
Bye.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 3:52:27 AM
You never finished telling me why the "wage stagnation" theory is bunk :(

And it's a shame that you're leaving, but I understand your motives. I just want to tell you that I really respect you, you're very intelligent and I admire your pieces of wisdom. You're one of my favorite people on this website, not the least because you seem like a cool guy and you contribute tremendously to any intellectual discussion I have been a part of.

Mazel tov.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 4:36:11 AM
*Standing ovation*
*Claps*
*Fist Pump*

Tell em' Joey!!!

Seriously though, I don't think allot of people on here appreciate what Joey has done on here. When the forums are dead, he revives them. Even if its about stupid a** mafia.

He's also a very caring, compassionate & loving individual.

I understand you don't want to come back. But the site needs you..
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 4:38:24 AM
Bye Joey. I hope that you someday know the joy of ingesting a properly prepared and roasted rabbit. When you become Fed Chairman, print me a few thousand bucks for old times' sake.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 4:49:26 AM
At 9/25/2015 4:38:24 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
Bye Joey. I hope that you someday know the joy of ingesting a properly prepared and roasted rabbit.

You can be such a heartless bastard... and it makes me smile.

When you become Fed Chairman, print me a few thousand bucks for old times' sake.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 4:50:32 AM
At 9/25/2015 4:36:11 AM, Lee001 wrote:
I understand you don't want to come back. But the site needs you..

If he wants to leave, then he should do that. When he wants to come back, I'm sure he will. That's *when* not *if*.
Tsar of DDO
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 5:00:01 AM
Whose carrots am I going to steal, now? :(
Best of luck in your future endeavors.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 2:20:08 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :'(

I know you've said you're leaving many times, but this time I can really sense your frustration. I do feel and hope you'll be coming back, but please enjoy your DDO break, permanent or temporary. I hope you'll come back one day and find the site in much better shape than it is now!
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:
http://www.debate.org...

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 7:05:05 PM
Goodbye...:(

You were a good friend--one of the best I had in this site. You'll be missed :'(
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass