Total Posts:62|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

27k Post Event: My Honest Opinion of You

YYW
Posts: 36,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 11:16:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
In the spirit of bsh1's 18k post thread, for my 27,000th post, I will do the same: offer anyone who asks my honest opinion of them. There are very few members who remain here who I do not have positive opinions of, so I encourage all to inquire.

Indeed, I have not reached 27,000 yet, but I will soon, and I will start to offer those opinions upon reaching that milestone. Sign up below.
Romanii
Posts: 4,851
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 11:22:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/26/2015 11:16:47 PM, YYW wrote:
In the spirit of bsh1's 18k post thread, for my 27,000th post, I will do the same: offer anyone who asks my honest opinion of them. There are very few members who remain here who I do not have positive opinions of, so I encourage all to inquire.

Indeed, I have not reached 27,000 yet, but I will soon, and I will start to offer those opinions upon reaching that milestone. Sign up below.

1. Romanii
YYW
Posts: 36,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 11:24:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/26/2015 11:22:50 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 9/26/2015 11:16:47 PM, YYW wrote:
In the spirit of bsh1's 18k post thread, for my 27,000th post, I will do the same: offer anyone who asks my honest opinion of them. There are very few members who remain here who I do not have positive opinions of, so I encourage all to inquire.

Indeed, I have not reached 27,000 yet, but I will soon, and I will start to offer those opinions upon reaching that milestone. Sign up below.

1. Romanii

Very good!
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 11:31:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
/in Please...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Posts: 36,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 11:38:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/26/2015 11:35:50 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Forming a trend here, I see.

Sure, why not? Annie would like one too.

Of course.
YYW
Posts: 36,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 11:56:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I can also offer advice, to anyone, on any situation they presently face, if people would prefer that as an alternative to my honest opinion of them.
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2015 1:53:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/26/2015 11:16:47 PM, YYW wrote:
In the spirit of bsh1's 18k post thread, for my 27,000th post, I will do the same: offer anyone who asks my honest opinion of them. There are very few members who remain here who I do not have positive opinions of, so I encourage all to inquire.

Indeed, I have not reached 27,000 yet, but I will soon, and I will start to offer those opinions upon reaching that milestone. Sign up below.

I sign up to be evaluated by the yeti's yellow wiener. I am genuinely curious to see what you say.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,098
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2015 4:12:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
/in
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Ted_Kord_Pokemon_Master
Posts: 41
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2015 11:39:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/26/2015 11:56:58 PM, YYW wrote:
I can also offer advice, to anyone, on any situation they presently face, if people would prefer that as an alternative to my honest opinion of them.

Advice please.

How do I deal with annoying siblings who are always wrong and make stupid remarks about everything and hate to be corrected and do horrible things yet always get away with it?
Look at my sig.
YYW
Posts: 36,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2015 1:19:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/27/2015 11:39:22 AM, Ted_Kord_Pokemon_Master wrote:
At 9/26/2015 11:56:58 PM, YYW wrote:
I can also offer advice, to anyone, on any situation they presently face, if people would prefer that as an alternative to my honest opinion of them.

Advice please.

How do I deal with annoying siblings who are always wrong and make stupid remarks about everything and hate to be corrected and do horrible things yet always get away with it?

Care to provide me with an example?
MisterMittens
Posts: 3,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2015 3:58:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The Working List:

1. Romanii
2. Bsh1
3. Endark
4. Esocial
5. Zmike
6. 1Harder
7. XLAV
8. Airmax
9. F16
10. Mittens
I'm handsome. Whoever disagrees with me can go die in a deep, dark hole.
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2015 5:03:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I crave your approval
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,212
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2015 5:08:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/27/2015 5:06:01 PM, YYW wrote:
1. Romanii
2. Bsh1
3. Endark
4. Esocial
5. Zmike
6. 1Harder
7. XLAV
8. Airmax
9. F16
10. Mittens
11. thett3

You just reached 27,000 so do the parrot, since BSH was not willing to sling the mud.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2015 5:18:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
As scary as this is because I know YYW can be a little too honest and take that honesty too far, I also know that he can have incredible insight. So Given the fact I have thick skin, and love hearing his great insight sometimes, I'm in.
Romanii
Posts: 4,851
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2015 5:27:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
1. Romanii
2. Bsh1
3. Endark
4. Esocial
5. Zmike
6. 1Harder
7. XLAV
8. Airmax
9. F16
10. Mittens
11. thett3
12. Greyparrot
13. Wylted
YYW
Posts: 36,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2015 5:32:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Round 1:

1. Romanii

I think you're a decent debater, and you add value to the forum and the community. Your many incarnations of accounts are something that have been a constant source of frustration, and when you troll you can troll pretty hard with mixed effects, but all in all you're a good member. If you were my student, I'd be cool with that because you're the kind of student that I prefer to teach the most.

2. Bsh1

You and 1harder are the people I care most about on this forum, and you are probably my closest friend, in the sense that I interact with you more often than anyone else either on the forums and in real life. I think you're a very good debater, and it is obvious that you're very bright. That, in addition to being a genuinely good person is what attracted me to you.

Of course we have our differences, and I think you place too much emphasis on those, as well as other things that you think too much about. Your tendency to over-analyze is self destructive, and I hate to see that. That said, you are brighter and kinder than 99% of all other people. I just wish that you could see yourself as I see you, because if you did, I think you would be better off.

3. Endark

You're a good debater and a good forum member. I think we have our differences, but on balance those are less relevant than a lot of other things. I enjoy reading your posts, and i think you genuinely try to figure stuff out which is why even though it may seem like I'm overly critical of you, I'm willing to interact with you. You put forth a good faith effort, and that's something I recognize and appreciate. I would have been happy to be your college professor.

4. Esocial

You can be very fun to interact with, and I consider you a good friend. You're very bright, and I know without question that if you were to break away from your family you will go very far in life. I can easily see you being an engineer, for example, or anything else that you want. I don't think there is a profession out there you could not excel in. In addition to being very outgoing, you are a warm and generous person. You give people second, third and fourth chances even when they don't deserve it, and you are one of the most gracious people on this site.

5. Zmike

I like interacting with you in the hangouts, and I think you've really become a good member. I was very critical of you at first, but many of the issues I've cited in the past are moot now and that may be because I've mellowed out or because you've grown up. It's cool to see that progression on the site.

6. 1Harder

I see so much of myself in you, when I was your age, that it sometimes scares me. The degree of similarity between you and I just blows my mind; be it the similarities in the kinds of homes we've grown up in (although there are differences), the similarities between how you and I see the world, the distance that was there between you and many people your own age, and the distances that existed between myself and people my own age, and the like, and even the similarities between major life events and circumstances. It really just blows my mind how profound the overlap is. I think of you like my little brother, and I want nothing but the best for you as you grow up.

7. XLAV

You're a surprisingly good mafia player, although your sense of humor is a point of come contention between you and others -not necessarily me, but I think you know what I'm alluding to. I especially enjoy playing mafia with you and FT, together. Beyond that, there isn't much to say because i haven't interacted with you outside of mafia.

8. Airmax

We are good friends, and in a lot of ways I've learned how to be a more patient, gracious person from you, for which I'm grateful. You're one of the best conversationalists I know, and you give more time for things that you believe are intrinsically worthwhile than I believe I ever could, which I respect. Even if I've had some disagreements with your methodologies, the longer I stick around here, the more I see why you do what you do.

9. F16

I think you were a very good vote moderator and you're one of the best mafia players I've seen on this site. In fact, it's probably between you and FT who are the best, I think. The fact that you were willing to serve as a vote moderator for any period of time speaks volumes to your willingness to contribute to the site, and I think you made a lasting impact in that regard.

10. Mittens

I haven't really interacted with you in a whole lot of depth, but you seem friendly enough, even if you're pretty shy in the hangouts. I wish you'd speak more, to that end, but sometimes that can be hard for many reasons, not the least of which would be my rambling on haha.

11. thett3

You're a very good debater, and I enjoy your dry sense of humor. You also have an unusually solid degree of self awareness, which I think speaks volumes to you as a person. You've been a friend to me since I've joined this site, even if I'm sure I've said some things on here -not intentionally, but said them nevertheless- which have seriously offended you, but I think you've handled it maturely... probably more maturely than I would have, at the time, were our situations reversed. I also think you're one of the best voters on this site, for what that's worth. I wish you'd go in the hangouts more.
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2015 9:22:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/27/2015 5:32:18 PM, YYW wrote:
2. Bsh1

You and 1harder are the people I care most about on this forum, and you are probably my closest friend, in the sense that I interact with you more often than anyone else either on the forums and in real life.

Likewise :) You are very important to me.

I think you're a very good debater, and it is obvious that you're very bright. That, in addition to being a genuinely good person is what attracted me to you.

Thank you.

Of course we have our differences, and I think you place too much emphasis on those, as well as other things that you think too much about. Your tendency to over-analyze is self destructive, and I hate to see that. That said, you are brighter and kinder than 99% of all other people. I just wish that you could see yourself as I see you, because if you did, I think you would be better off.

How do you see me, then?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Posts: 36,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2015 9:58:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/27/2015 9:22:07 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 9/27/2015 5:32:18 PM, YYW wrote:
2. Bsh1

You and 1harder are the people I care most about on this forum, and you are probably my closest friend, in the sense that I interact with you more often than anyone else either on the forums and in real life.

Likewise :) You are very important to me.

I think you're a very good debater, and it is obvious that you're very bright. That, in addition to being a genuinely good person is what attracted me to you.

Thank you.

Of course we have our differences, and I think you place too much emphasis on those, as well as other things that you think too much about. Your tendency to over-analyze is self destructive, and I hate to see that. That said, you are brighter and kinder than 99% of all other people. I just wish that you could see yourself as I see you, because if you did, I think you would be better off.

How do you see me, then?

I've just told you.