How do l make new friends?

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 3:41:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/28/2015 7:50:10 PM, Karan_m wrote:
How do l make new friends?Give your suggestions.

Jonbonbon's 7 steps to making new friends:

1st step: don't listen to grey parrot
2nd step: introduce yourself in conversations civilly and respectfully
3rd step: learn the humor of the group
4th step: find out everything about them
5th step: people please for a little bit.
6th step: exploit their weaknesses and destroy them.
7th step: join their rival group with the victory in hand and tell them your stories of battle. Be welcomed as a hero, and live the rest of your days in happiness.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9
Sunnyallday
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 9:06:45 PM

I think making friends often is about finding equal minded people. Join a group or start up a hobby where you are more likely to meet people who will have the same interests as you. The fact that you both like the same thing gives you a good starting point for a conversation that you can build upon.

Personally I often find that I've made friends when I've joined a group or assigned myself to a task that requires cooperation. I like joining a smaller group where I can focus more directly on each individual. However I think this also depends on personality type.
If you are more extroverted you might have an easier time striking up a conversation in class or at work during lunch or going to an event where there is a larger number of people for you to potentially become friends with.

Small talk is unavoidable, which you'll either enjoy or endure. Basic information like what they do for a living, what they want to be when they grow up ( depending on age), what their hobbies are etc. can trail into deeper conversations about a topic.
I also find that remaining positive and open is really important. Judgement needs to be checked at the door in order to get to know a person properly.

at the very en I'd like to add that I know social graces and ways of making friends can vary from country to country. What is considered polite and socially acceptable one Place may not be acceptable in another. ( hopefully I have made some very neutral suggestions though :) )

Hope you find good and true friends ! :)
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 2:23:21 AM

Perhaps you should ask yourself the opposite but equal question?
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 2:25:05 AM

If you don't want to make friends just watch me.. because I don't care if someone likes me or not.