Jump to topic:

Please comfort me

AnthonyCh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 3:15:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I have been just robbed. while i was on my way home, 3 guy took my ipod and my money. now im in so depression. im about to tell my parents but im so scared. please help me saying it will be ok.
Yonko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 3:39:13 AM
No, it won't be okay. You should be ashamed that you let those 3 guys take your stuff, and your parents will undoubtedly be ashamed of you as well. My advice to you is that you should write a letter apologizing to yourself, your parents, and the world for your deficiencies. Don't let this happen again. Weakness is a crime.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 12:28:23 PM
At 10/5/2015 3:39:13 AM, Yonko wrote:
No, it won't be okay. You should be ashamed that you let those 3 guys take your stuff, and your parents will undoubtedly be ashamed of you as well. My advice to you is that you should write a letter apologizing to yourself, your parents, and the world for your deficiencies. Don't let this happen again. Weakness is a crime.

Really? There are just times where there's no way in hell you can fight back. Do you expect some girl that's a twig to fight Brock Lesner? The answer is hell no. You fight back you may die.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Yonko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 1:53:38 PM
At 10/5/2015 12:28:23 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Really? There are just times where there's no way in hell you can fight back. Do you expect some girl that's a twig to fight Brock Lesner? The answer is hell no. You fight back you may die.

If you believe in yourself, you can achieve anything.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 3:31:05 PM
At 10/5/2015 1:53:38 PM, Yonko wrote:

That's not how reality works.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Yonko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 3:51:56 PM
At 10/5/2015 3:31:05 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Clearly, you don't live in reality.
BLAHthedebator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 1:03:12 AM
At 10/5/2015 3:51:56 PM, Yonko wrote:

Lol, someone just got robbed and you start telling him it's his fault for being robbed?

Do you have any empathy?
I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas...
Is...
Youuuuuu
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 1:11:09 AM

There are times when trolling is okay. There are times when it's not. This is the latter, and I think you know it.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Yonko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 1:40:44 AM
At 10/6/2015 1:11:09 AM, bsh1 wrote:

There are times when trolling is okay. There are times when it's not. This is the latter, and I think you know it.

You think this guy is serious?

"please help me saying it will be ok."

...not buying it.
Yonko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 1:42:02 AM
At 10/6/2015 1:03:12 AM, BLAHthedebator wrote:
At 10/5/2015 3:51:56 PM, Yonko wrote:

Lol, someone just got robbed and you start telling him it's his fault for being robbed?

Do you have any empathy?

Are you guys being serious right now?

"now im in so depression. im about to tell my parents but im so scared. please help me saying it will be ok."

How does this not sound like pure trolling on his part?
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 1:42:14 AM
At 10/6/2015 1:40:44 AM, Yonko wrote:

...not buying it.

I think there are people like this. Besides, shouldn't we presume that it is serious rather than trollish? If it is serious and you say something like that, you could do damage to someone. If it isn't serious, you can always troll later.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

Yonko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 1:47:04 AM
At 10/6/2015 1:42:14 AM, bsh1 wrote:

...not buying it.

I think there are people like this. Besides, shouldn't we presume that it is serious rather than trollish? If it is serious and you say something like that, you could do damage to someone. If it isn't serious, you can always troll later.

So... what you're telling me is that some guy who just got robbed thought that the best way to cope with his loss is to go on an internet forum full of strangers and ask them to "comfort" him by saying "It will be okay"? Sorry, but I refuse to even consider that he's being serious.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 1:48:14 AM
At 10/6/2015 1:47:04 AM, Yonko wrote:

...not buying it.

So... what you're telling me is that some guy who just got robbed thought that the best way to cope with his loss is to go on an internet forum full of strangers and ask them to "comfort" him by saying "It will be okay"? Sorry, but I refuse to even consider that he's being serious.

Believe me, I've met people who would do something like this, and if you want to talk about it, you can PM me. But, I think you should be a bit less pessimistic and a bit more empathetic.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Yonko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 1:51:58 AM
At 10/6/2015 1:48:14 AM, bsh1 wrote:

...not buying it.

Believe me, I've met people who would do something like this, and if you want to talk about it, you can PM me. But, I think you should be a bit less pessimistic and a bit more empathetic.

. . . . . Not sure what to say, other than that you are far more generous with giving people benefit of the doubt than I am. Perhaps generous to an unreasonable degree. Oh well.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 1:52:46 AM
At 10/6/2015 1:51:58 AM, Yonko wrote:
At 10/6/2015 1:48:14 AM, bsh1 wrote:

...not buying it.

. . . . . Not sure what to say, other than that you are far more generous with giving people benefit of the doubt than I am. Perhaps generous to an unreasonable degree. Oh well.

I'd rather err on the side of generosity, I guess.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 2:34:41 AM

I know you're trolling, and maybe even the OP was too. In any event, this is not appropriate, as bsh1 indicated.
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 2:52:29 AM
At 10/6/2015 2:47:46 AM, Yonko wrote:
All of you suck -_-

<3
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 3:15:37 AM
At 10/5/2015 3:15:33 AM, AnthonyCh wrote:
I have been just robbed. while i was on my way home, 3 guy took my ipod and my money. now im in so depression. im about to tell my parents but im so scared. please help me saying it will be ok.

Go to a friends house who you are comfortable with, go to a waffle house, go to a library, those are places that I feel comfortable and at peace at. Seek out these locations in order to reduce your stress level, once you are relatively at peace with yourself tell your parents as soon as possible. This happens to everyone, its alright :)
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 5:31:19 AM

...not buying it.

And if you're wrong, then you're just being a massive d!ck to some guy that actually needs a friend. Either way, the fact that you suspect he's lying isn't a proper justification to be a d!ck in the first place.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 5:52:35 AM
At 10/6/2015 5:31:19 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:

...not buying it.

And if you're wrong, then you're just being a massive d!ck to some guy that actually needs a friend. Either way, the fact that you suspect he's lying isn't a proper justification to be a d!ck in the first place.

How so? I agree it is slightly suspicious. If he legitimately got robbed, why would his first action afterwards be to create an account (his account was made just 1 day ago) and make this forum? I know this is just me, but I'd feel more comfortable telling my parents what happened than going online and telling a bunch of people I don't even know what just occurred. We all have different ways of coping with something though, so I could easily be wrong.

I'm not trying to sound cruel or anything, and if he did get robbed I hope the people get caught and he recovers quickly. Something like that is a very traumatic experience. I'm merely saying that there is a slight possibility he is lying. Either way it's not good.
Ashton
Yonko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 6:00:39 AM

...not buying it.

Piss off. I think three people telling me that what I said was wrong is quite enough. No need to jump on the bandwagon just so that you can feed your ego with a rush of moral superiority. Especially since I've already conceded for the sake of making peace.

But now that you've resurrected the issue, I might as well address the substance of your post. I don't merely "suspect" that Anthony is trolling - it is almost certainly true that he is, and I need not take him seriously on the basis of some minuscule probability that he's *actually* stupid and thinks the best way to cope with his loss is asking internet strangers to re-assure him that "it will be okay". Furthermore, even if he is telling the truth, the hyperbolic nature of what I said made it exceedingly obvious that I was being facetious, so if his emotional stability is anywhere close to on par with the age indicated on his profile, he should be able to brush it off just fine.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 6:03:06 AM

You need to start carrying a gun, so you can kill people like this.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 6:29:59 AM

Lmao
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 6:39:27 AM

I'm a little late to the party. Hope everything turned out alright and your parents weren't too pissed. Try to keep in mind that those things are just material possessions, at-least your mind and body remain in good health - be grateful for that. But yeah man, it'll be okay, you're okay and that's what matters.

In the future though, try to have some means of defense at your disposal, be it a pocket-knife, mace, or even martial arts training. The world we live in is a crazy one, and personal safety is not an absolute guarantee.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 6:45:36 AM
At 10/6/2015 6:39:27 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

I'm a little late to the party. Hope everything turned out alright and your parents weren't too pissed. Try to keep in mind that those things are just material possessions, at-least your mind and body remain in good health - be grateful for that. But yeah man, it'll be okay, you're okay and that's what matters.

In the future though, try to have some means of defense at your disposal, be it a pocket-knife, mace, or even martial arts training. The world we live in is a crazy one, and personal safety is not an absolute guarantee.

Anton LaVey stole most of everything he said, but I think a phrase he said, applies to this situation.

"Be like a lion, dangerous even in defeat" (paraphrasing from memory)
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 7:11:50 AM
At 10/6/2015 6:45:36 AM, Wylted wrote:

Anton LaVey stole most of everything he said, but I think a phrase he said, applies to this situation.

Idk how to respond to that quote. Seriously I've sat here for 3 min thinking of a response, but nope. It's because I'm debating what degree of defeat would allow a lion to remain dangerous. If you cut a lions head off, effectively defeating it, there's no way it could still be dangerous even in defeat. Y'know what I mean. So, I like the quote because of the point it's expressing, but fundamentally disagree with it in itself.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 8:57:00 AM
At 10/6/2015 7:11:50 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 10/6/2015 6:45:36 AM, Wylted wrote:

Idk how to respond to that quote. Seriously I've sat here for 3 min thinking of a response, but nope. It's because I'm debating what degree of defeat would allow a lion to remain dangerous. If you cut a lions head off, effectively defeating it, there's no way it could still be dangerous even in defeat. Y'know what I mean. So, I like the quote because of the point it's expressing, but fundamentally disagree with it in itself.

Yes, I think defeat is meant to conjure up an image of a lion who is seriously injured, but still conscious. This is why I'm glad Anton LaVey is dead, he didn't explain things thoroughly.
Ted_Kord_Pokemon_Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 10:47:09 AM

I don't know if your trolling or not but I think your right to an extent. Though your comment was inappropriate. Saying everything will be okay is like trying to cheer up a 5 year old. No the parents will not be ashamed (I hope) but apologizing is good. I agree. Don't let people steal from you that easy.
Look at my sig.
Ted_Kord_Pokemon_Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 10:49:59 AM

...not buying it.

I'm not defending this guy but OP is most probably a troll. No capitalization. Phony story. And looking for friends in a debating site. Yeah, no.
Look at my sig.