Jump to topic:

Weed Reaction

Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 1:28:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
So, I've been smoking weed for about 12-13 years now. Taking a month or so off here and there. Recently, my weed consumption has dropped heavily. Not only how much I consume (smoke) at a time, but how often as well. Naturally, you would think my tolerance would decrease a bit, and I would get high off quite a bit less bud. You'd be right!

However, not only does 1 blunt get me significantly high, I start to feel a very uncomfortable sensation in my face; namely my mouth and nose. Breathing becomes very difficult, but when I put my hand in front of my mouth it seems like I'm breathing fine. Its very difficult to explain, but I've just tried to power through it and typically it works but its a real pain in the a$$...

I've started smoking a bit more lately thinking it would go away after I reacquired my tolerance, but nope! Its starting to happen with smaller and smaller amounts!!! AAGGGHHHH!!

It is so frustrating because though this had happened years ago once or twice, its not fuggin normal, and I just wanna smoke and not feel like I'm having a damn panic attack!

But, to recap:

- loss of feeling or a numbing sensation in my face (mouth and nose)
- Strained breathing or a feeling of shortness of breath
- Jacked heart rate (143 bpm resting)

Anybody have this happen or have any advice? Beside the obvious: Stop smoking..

Oh, yeah and it happens with edibles as well. Don't even get me started on dabs... I will die.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 2:02:36 AM
At 10/7/2015 1:28:19 AM, Paradox_7 wrote:
So, I've been smoking weed for about 12-13 years now. Taking a month or so off here and there. Recently, my weed consumption has dropped heavily. Not only how much I consume (smoke) at a time, but how often as well. Naturally, you would think my tolerance would decrease a bit, and I would get high off quite a bit less bud. You'd be right!

However, not only does 1 blunt get me significantly high, I start to feel a very uncomfortable sensation in my face; namely my mouth and nose. Breathing becomes very difficult, but when I put my hand in front of my mouth it seems like I'm breathing fine. Its very difficult to explain, but I've just tried to power through it and typically it works but its a real pain in the a$$...

I've started smoking a bit more lately thinking it would go away after I reacquired my tolerance, but nope! Its starting to happen with smaller and smaller amounts!!! AAGGGHHHH!!

It is so frustrating because though this had happened years ago once or twice, its not fuggin normal, and I just wanna smoke and not feel like I'm having a damn panic attack!

But, to recap:

Oh, yeah and it happens with edibles as well. Don't even get me started on dabs... I will die.

I would recommend seeing a doctor, but unless you live in Colorado or Washington that probably wouldn't end well.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 2:45:55 AM

But, to recap:

Your weed was laced. I don't know with what, but it sounds like some kind of amphetamine.

My advice is never to buy from that dealer again, because he sold you dangerous sh!t.

You have to be able to trust that what you're getting is the real deal, and what you're telling me is totally inconsistent with what weed should do.

Often, when asshat dealers get sh!t weed from Mexico or something (low THC and stuff that's been overdried or improperly stored, etc. the list goes on) they put "chemicals" on it to spice it up.

That is clearly what happened to you.

And again, I am serious... do not buy from that dealer again.
Tsar of DDO
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 10:45:01 AM
But, to recap:

Yuppppp, and the weird thing is that it just started happening this last year or so, even though I've been and on again off again marijuana user for the past several years. It's not just us either, I know a few other friends of mine who've all had this happen to them over the course of the past year - especially the jacked up heart rate. It seriously feels like a heart attack is coming on or something.

Dabs are the worst in this regard... seriously, I think I'm dying.

I honestly don't know how to explain it, but I concur that quitting is the best option if used solely for recreational purposes. There is no advice other than that, and it's just gonna get worse and worse. Most likely a long-term use system overload that will require a year or more to reboot to normal functions. I'll revisit marijuana in a few years and see how it goes - will most likely need it after my first-born child, lol.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 10:52:34 AM
At 10/7/2015 2:45:55 AM, YYW wrote:

But, to recap:

Your weed was laced. I don't know with what, but it sounds like some kind of amphetamine.

My advice is never to buy from that dealer again, because he sold you dangerous sh!t.

You have to be able to trust that what you're getting is the real deal, and what you're telling me is totally inconsistent with what weed should do.

Often, when asshat dealers get sh!t weed from Mexico or something (low THC and stuff that's been overdried or improperly stored, etc. the list goes on) they put "chemicals" on it to spice it up.

I was in a similar position as this guy a few months back and thought that too, but this was happening regardless of the weed source. Eventually I had a trusted friend who has his own grow setup share some of his with me and the same reaction happened. I strongly believe it's a result from chronic long-term use (a month off here and there in a 15 yr span is still chronic imo), and the jacked up heart-rate is the reason I recently quit myself. Once I tried the home-grown and got the same result I was like, okay - done.

You'd certainly get the same results smoking laced weed, such as you said, but in his case I think it's another issue altogether based on my own experiences of late and the similarities in our usage.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2015 1:25:15 AM
At 10/7/2015 10:45:01 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Yuppppp, and the weird thing is that it just started happening this last year or so, even though I've been and on again off again marijuana user for the past several years. It's not just us either, I know a few other friends of mine who've all had this happen to them over the course of the past year - especially the jacked up heart rate. It seriously feels like a heart attack is coming on or something.

Dabs are the worst in this regard... seriously, I think I'm dying.

I honestly don't know how to explain it, but I concur that quitting is the best option if used solely for recreational purposes. There is no advice other than that, and it's just gonna get worse and worse. Most likely a long-term use system overload that will require a year or more to reboot to normal functions. I'll revisit marijuana in a few years and see how it goes - will most likely need it after my first-born child, lol.

Yes, it is really unnerving. I'm nearly positive it wasn't laced, as I've willing smoked all sorts of laced buds, and typically know with the first hit if there is something else in it.

I am beginning to lean towards the years of use in combination with ALL the other substances I use/d, has caused my body to react this way. Actually the first time I'd ever felt this, I was probably 15-20 seconds away from calling an ambulance! This came on however, after smoking spice! DO NOT use this stuff if you haven't already...

With all that said, I've smoked several times over the past couple days, including the day before the OP, and haven't experienced again. I'm keeping my fingers crossed obviously because it seems to happen without any real rhyme or reason... aside from when I take a dab or a massive bong rip; which I also haven't done in a week or so.

I'm just gonna keep my use to the way its been recently, and hopefully i can manage without having to quit, but if it happens again at the frequency it had been last week... I will seriously consider giving weed a rest for a while.
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2015 1:35:30 AM

Lol! Yeah trust if I realized I'd been smoking laced weed I would raise hell with whoever gave it to me! But, I'm pretty certain it was not.

I'm not sure if they have dispensaries where you live, but here in CA, at least within my circles, picking up from a "dealer" is pretty uncommon. There is really no need for a clinic to arouse any unnecessary attention by selling laced weed... The weed however, is very strong and I'm getting my @ss kicked!
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2015 2:02:20 AM
At 10/8/2015 1:35:30 AM, Paradox_7 wrote:

Lol! Yeah trust if I realized I'd been smoking laced weed I would raise hell with whoever gave it to me! But, I'm pretty certain it was not.

I'm not sure if they have dispensaries where you live, but here in CA, at least within my circles, picking up from a "dealer" is pretty uncommon. There is really no need for a clinic to arouse any unnecessary attention by selling laced weed... The weed however, is very strong and I'm getting my @ss kicked!

ah ok....

Where I live, there is only one way to get weed... a dealer.
Tsar of DDO
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2015 3:12:22 AM

But, to recap:

Try a kind more sativa than indica

Aging can also have an effect
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2015 3:20:40 AM
At 10/14/2015 3:12:22 AM, ironslippers wrote:

But, to recap:

Try a kind more sativa than indica

Aging can also have an effect

Oh Yeah Weed makes people stupid
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2015 9:19:09 PM

But, to recap:

Yes, the numbing in my face has happened to me literaly every single time I smoked weed in my life, which was not many times. Since a friend of mine got half of the face paralyzed through a whole year while smoking weed, I never smoked again. Also, another friend of mine, while smoking hashish (how you call it in english? well, the brown thing lol) got a super high heart rate and we took him to the hospital asap. They adviced, well, to drop smoking :p sorry.

But what really annoys me of weed, is, no disrespect to your personaly, but how slow weed smokers are! Even while not smoking! Haven't you guys noticed? It is very apparent by the inhability of these people of keeping atention to more than one person at a time during a conversation. It really annoys me and it happens to every single weed-smoker friend I have. What is more annoying is that they deny it >_<