Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

Did my first formal irl debate today

UtherPenguin
Posts: 4,087
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 12:18:01 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
. . . and I bombed it worse than KobanI.
I bear witness that there is no God but Allah and that Muhammad (peace and blessing be upon him) is his messenger.
-GreyParrot
lannan13
Posts: 24,704
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 1:37:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/15/2015 12:18:01 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
. . . and I bombed it worse than KobanI.

How's that?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

"Sometimes it is hell, trying to get to heaven."- Undertaker

Keep a Positive Mental Attitude!

DDO Hall of Famer
UtherPenguin
Posts: 4,087
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 1:39:03 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/15/2015 1:37:41 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 10/15/2015 12:18:01 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
. . . and I bombed it worse than KobanI.

How's that?

Life Lesson: Don't throw your arguments together on the ight before a debate.
I bear witness that there is no God but Allah and that Muhammad (peace and blessing be upon him) is his messenger.
-GreyParrot
UtherPenguin
Posts: 4,087
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 1:43:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/15/2015 1:39:03 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 10/15/2015 1:37:41 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 10/15/2015 12:18:01 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
. . . and I bombed it worse than KobanI.

How's that?

Life Lesson: Don't throw your arguments together on the ight before a debate.

The *night* before a debate
I bear witness that there is no God but Allah and that Muhammad (peace and blessing be upon him) is his messenger.
-GreyParrot
lannan13
Posts: 24,704
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 1:59:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/15/2015 1:43:31 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 10/15/2015 1:39:03 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 10/15/2015 1:37:41 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 10/15/2015 12:18:01 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
. . . and I bombed it worse than KobanI.

How's that?

Life Lesson: Don't throw your arguments together on the ight before a debate.

The *night* before a debate

Well on DDO I just do most of my research when it's my turn to argue. I do this mainly because I know what i want to say I just want to find the Sources to back my arguments. If I pick up a few on the way then so be it. For most of my debates I hold on to a few key sources and stats and the rest is impromtu unless it's where I'm reading cards.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

"Sometimes it is hell, trying to get to heaven."- Undertaker

Keep a Positive Mental Attitude!

DDO Hall of Famer
Beginner
Posts: 4,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 3:37:53 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/15/2015 1:59:46 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 10/15/2015 1:43:31 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 10/15/2015 1:39:03 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 10/15/2015 1:37:41 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 10/15/2015 12:18:01 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
. . . and I bombed it worse than KobanI.

How's that?

Life Lesson: Don't throw your arguments together on the ight before a debate.

The *night* before a debate

Well on DDO I just do most of my research when it's my turn to argue. I do this mainly because I know what i want to say I just want to find the Sources to back my arguments.
Hey, that's my style! *high fives
Senpai has noticed you.
Wylted
Posts: 25,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 2:15:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/15/2015 12:18:01 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
. . . and I bombed it worse than KobanI.

It's better to have early failures than early successes. Early successes make you think there isn't much to improve, while early losses, keep you humble enough to continually improve.
Hayd
Posts: 4,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 2:56:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/15/2015 2:15:06 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/15/2015 12:18:01 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
. . . and I bombed it worse than KobanI.

It's better to have early failures than early successes. Early successes make you think there isn't much to improve, while early losses, keep you humble enough to continually improve.

Amen