Jump to topic:

Stupid people and a$sholes today (rant)

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 12:21:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I started off today with going to an assembly at my glorious Catholic high school. The guy was fvcking stupid. He was unaware, unthinking, and his train of thought was that of an indoctrinated 10 year old. Today, he was to Catholicism what Alex Jones is to hard libertarianism.

So I'm 14, and I have relatively little tolerance for stupid theological arguments. He opens up with what else but Finding Nemo? Yes - apparently Finding Nemo has explicit references to scripture, and is heavily Biblically-influenced. Every time there was three of something, he would say it was referencing the "Holy Trinity". His ideas were like those "Illuminati confirmed" things on the internet. It was a joke, but he's been giving these to schools for YEARS.

But this isn't the worst he did. No, he did far worse. He started talking about how we're all not perfect, and we have flaws. So he went on diagnosing characters from Finding Nemo with psychiatric disorders. A fish who thought her reflection was her sister and talked to that reflection is "probably bipolar", according to this guy. An audible "what the fvck did this guy just say?" came from my seat, but it went unheard...

Not just is misinformation dangerous (there are people who have been accepting Catholic doctrine verbatim for their years in school, mind you), it led to jokes about bipolar disorder. We had to get into groups and he took a person from each to tell what the most common associated character was, and one person said that most of the people identified most with the "bipolar fish" - "probably because they think they're nuts or something". What turned from stupid to me, had turned to anger-inducing.

---

Next, my math teacher told me yesterday to stay after school for a quiz that I missed. So I stayed - my bus had left and all. He didn't show up. It had been a half-hour, I checked the faculty room, and asked the main office if they had any idea where he was - and there were about 15 others waiting for him. They did not, so I left. Luckily, someone had stayed a few minutes who could drive me home, so I didn't have to wait for my mother - who would arrive at probably 7:00 or 7:30. Which leads me to...

---

My already-pissed-off-for-no-reason (as always) mother came home a bit over 20 minutes ago. She had me clean out behind the garbage - which had old garbage, dirt, dust, and random disgusting sh!t - and put that in the garbage. I put a few food-covered, months old cardboard boxes in a bag before I told her that I was done. She called me back out, and she yelled at me for not cleaning it entirely. It was disgusting, unsanitary - and she wanted me to do it with bare hands...right. No - I did not accept the task.

---

And that was my day today. Yesterday I found out that someone in my class - who I was taking a liking to but I had never talked to, had to move the classes he had with me because my school is terrible with scheduling. So I won't have the chance to talk to him, after all.

This is shaping up to be a great week indeed.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 1:38:54 AM
At 10/15/2015 12:21:14 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I started off today with going to an assembly at my glorious Catholic high school. The guy was fvcking stupid. He was unaware, unthinking, and his train of thought was that of an indoctrinated 10 year old. Today, he was to Catholicism what Alex Jones is to hard libertarianism.

So I'm 14, and I have relatively little tolerance for stupid theological arguments. He opens up with what else but Finding Nemo? Yes - apparently Finding Nemo has explicit references to scripture, and is heavily Biblically-influenced. Every time there was three of something, he would say it was referencing the "Holy Trinity". His ideas were like those "Illuminati confirmed" things on the internet. It was a joke, but he's been giving these to schools for YEARS.

But this isn't the worst he did. No, he did far worse. He started talking about how we're all not perfect, and we have flaws. So he went on diagnosing characters from Finding Nemo with psychiatric disorders. A fish who thought her reflection was her sister and talked to that reflection is "probably bipolar", according to this guy. An audible "what the fvck did this guy just say?" came from my seat, but it went unheard...

Not just is misinformation dangerous (there are people who have been accepting Catholic doctrine verbatim for their years in school, mind you), it led to jokes about bipolar disorder. We had to get into groups and he took a person from each to tell what the most common associated character was, and one person said that most of the people identified most with the "bipolar fish" - "probably because they think they're nuts or something". What turned from stupid to me, had turned to anger-inducing.

---

That's religion for you. It's a shame that they are using a good child hood movie to further their religion. Up next: How the Three little pigs represent the holy trinity!

Next, my math teacher told me yesterday to stay after school for a quiz that I missed. So I stayed - my bus had left and all. He didn't show up. It had been a half-hour, I checked the faculty room, and asked the main office if they had any idea where he was - and there were about 15 others waiting for him. They did not, so I left. Luckily, someone had stayed a few minutes who could drive me home, so I didn't have to wait for my mother - who would arrive at probably 7:00 or 7:30. Which leads me to...

Why would she arrive so late?

---

My already-pissed-off-for-no-reason (as always) mother came home a bit over 20 minutes ago. She had me clean out behind the garbage - which had old garbage, dirt, dust, and random disgusting sh!t - and put that in the garbage. I put a few food-covered, months old cardboard boxes in a bag before I told her that I was done. She called me back out, and she yelled at me for not cleaning it entirely. It was disgusting, unsanitary - and she wanted me to do it with bare hands...right. No - I did not accept the task.
It appears that you are in the process of digging your own grave, assuming your mom will be livid that you refused to clean behind the garbage can which is covered in refuse.

Couldn't you obtain some gloves, a hose, and a clothespin(to block the smell from entering your nasal cavities) and scrub the can and the surrounding area?

---

And that was my day today. Yesterday I found out that someone in my class - who I was taking a liking to but I had never talked to, had to move the classes he had with me because my school is terrible with scheduling. So I won't have the chance to talk to him, after all.

So, how was your hump day?
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 1:41:50 AM
At 10/15/2015 1:38:54 AM, SamStevens wrote:
It appears that you are in the process of digging your own grave, assuming your mom will be livid that you refused to clean behind the garbage can which is covered in refuse.

Couldn't you obtain some gloves, a hose, and a clothespin(to block the smell from entering your nasal cavities) and scrub the can and the surrounding area?

No. It's the garbage in my house, too...
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 1:45:34 AM

What relationship is this? This makes little sense. WTF?

How is that bipolar? If we HAD to view that show as a psychological diagnosis movie we'd have to see that would be Skitzophranic.

Ouch, I'm Catholic and I still find that you can't take everything from the BIble Seriously. I could only get "B's" in the class since I disagreed with them so much, but that's what happen when your dad's a pastor.

---

---

Did she let you use a hose or something?

---

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~