Jump to topic:

AMA & Honest Opinion

Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 4:45:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
One of these would be lots of fun, Ask Me Anything and I have to answer honestly. You can also ask me to give an honest opinion of you, don't worry there are very few people I don't like :)
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 4:54:14 AM
At 10/16/2015 4:45:20 AM, Hayd wrote:
One of these would be lots of fun, Ask Me Anything and I have to answer honestly. You can also ask me to give an honest opinion of you, don't worry there are very few people I don't like :)

Have you had any prior accounts on DDO?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 5:00:15 AM
/in honest opinion,

Ama--

Fav food?
Fav singer?
Fav song?
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 5:03:18 AM
At 10/16/2015 4:54:14 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Have you had any prior accounts on DDO?

Yes
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 5:15:07 AM
At 10/16/2015 5:00:15 AM, Lee001 wrote:

Ama--

Fav food?
Chicken Wings from Teakwoods restaurant, Greek Salad, or Sweet Tomatoes restaurant
Fav singer?
I tend to listen to bands, and of those they tend to be more instrumental than vocal, but I like Chuck Berry and David Bowie, SPACE ODDITY is amazing!!!
Fav song?
Hard to pinpoint it to one song, but Beethovens 5th Symphony in C Minor by London Concert Orchestra, I wept the first time I heard that because it was the most perfect thing I had ever heard. My mind and senses were in perfect harmony with the nature around me, I was in a lush forest, I fell to the dirt weeping with emotion. That was a sensational and paramount moment, that song literally touched my soul like nothing I had ever experienced before.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 5:24:16 AM
At 10/16/2015 5:00:15 AM, Lee001 wrote:
/in honest opinion

We didn't start talking until recently which hasn't given much time for our relationship to develop. But so far you are very funny and you make me laugh a lot, you are kind to all you meet but not afraid to show you teeth, which I respect. You are a great debater from the debates I have read that you partook (lol) in and more intelligent than most of the people on this site. You have a lot lot of relationships on DDO which makes you an essential member of the site for many people. I look forward to where our friendship will go, we haven't really talked much lately, hopefully we can stay in a Google hangout long enough to have a meaningful conversation and bond that way. Anyways, you are a great member and person, and I would enjoy doing a debate with you sometime, and talk to me more often!
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 6:36:03 AM
Give your honest opinion of me.

---

How tall are you? (I guess 5'7")

What do you miss most about being a child?

What is your ultimate goal of life?

If you could meet anyone (regardless to their life/death status), who would it be?

If you had the chance to learn from anyone in human history as their student, who would you choose?
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 4:13:21 PM
At 10/16/2015 6:36:03 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote

I am typing this on my phone, so if there or grammar errors or I don't sound good, that's why.
You are very blunt on this site, which I sometimes enjoy and I sometimes don't. Like sometimes I think that the comment had no other purpose other than to put someone down (which is sometimes me), but sometimes it is within good reason and is more of a joke. But we need more blunt people on this site, it makes the site a whole lot more interesting. So I enjoy it on the most part.

I feel that we have a lot in common so I would really like to get to knowing you better, we don't talk much, except in Google Hangouts, in which for some reason we never end of up talking together. But we are the same age, interested in the same things, we have a lot in common so I think of webgotbtonknoe each other better I think we could be great friends.

You are a great member and a great contributor to the site, whether it is making good posts, the DDO wiki, or DDO surveys. That's about it I suppose

---

How tall are you? (I guess 5'7")

Very close, last time I measured I was 5'8"

What do you miss most about being a child?

Well in some aspects I feel I still am a child, but I think I miss the simpleness of childhood, life wasn't so complicated, all I did was watch Spider-Man and Thr Wiggles, it was simple, pure joy that complicated life somehow lacks.

What is your ultimate goal of life?

To do something significant, I don't necessarily have to be famous, but I feel that I need to contribute greatly to something in a positive and significant way, preferably a scientific breakthrough or something. Because don't think I could stand doing something unimportant my entire life without thinking that I am wasting my time.

If you could meet anyone (regardless to their life/death status), who would it be?

Franz Ferdinand, so I could save his life and prevent a terrible war.
If you had the chance to learn from anyone in human history as their student, who would you choose?

Einstein, to further his advancement in physics, he was onto something, unlocking the secrets of the universe, I would want to learn how to do that.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 4:19:40 PM
/in for Honest Opinion.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 5:01:47 PM
At 10/16/2015 4:19:40 PM, bsh1 wrote:
/in for Honest Opinion.
I am typing this on my phone.

I think you are one of the best members on the site. You are an incredibly good debater, whether you like to admit it or not, I have read around 20 of your debates and I am glad to say I have benefitted greatly from them. You have an amazing ability to create threads that blow up within an hour. Literally every thread you make gets more than 100 posts within like an hour, your IRL v Online had like 3 more echo threads, each of which blew up within an hour as well. You have an amazing ability, partly due to the fact that everyone loves you. You are a very good president, you have done a lot of good community work, sadly the Bi-weekly topics aren't working very well, but the forum revival I think is dying very well, in part to YYW, but I have seen an increase. You have passion for members of the site, you don't ignore anyone cuz they are noobs or you ain't got time or anything, I respect that a lot. We sadly don't have as much a personal relationship as I would like to, but that comes with time, and I haven't known you for that long. So you need to PM me more for personal conversation am join more Google Hangouts.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 5:29:14 PM
At 10/16/2015 5:01:47 PM, Hayd wrote:
At 10/16/2015 4:19:40 PM, bsh1 wrote:
/in for Honest Opinion.
I am typing this on my phone.

I think you are one of the best members on the site. You are an incredibly good debater, whether you like to admit it or not, I have read around 20 of your debates and I am glad to say I have benefitted greatly from them. You have an amazing ability to create threads that blow up within an hour. Literally every thread you make gets more than 100 posts within like an hour, your IRL v Online had like 3 more echo threads, each of which blew up within an hour as well.

Well, name recognition helps. And the fact that I compose about 40% of the posts also helps, lol.

You have an amazing ability, partly due to the fact that everyone loves you.

If only...

You are a very good president, you have done a lot of good community work, sadly the Bi-weekly topics aren't working very well, but the forum revival I think is dying very well, in part to YYW, but I have seen an increase.

Now, that is a Freudian slip if ever I saw one...

You have passion for members of the site, you don't ignore anyone cuz they are noobs or you ain't got time or anything, I respect that a lot.

Yeah. I try to be inclusive. Don't always succeed.

We sadly don't have as much a personal relationship as I would like to, but that comes with time, and I haven't known you for that long. So you need to PM me more for personal conversation am join more Google Hangouts.

Normally, I would join hangouts, but that's currently an impossibility. I would like to get to know you more, though, as well.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 12:51:11 AM
At 10/16/2015 4:13:21 PM, Hayd wrote:
At 10/16/2015 6:36:03 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote
You are very blunt on this site, which I sometimes enjoy and I sometimes don't. Like sometimes I think that the comment had no other purpose other than to put someone down (which is sometimes me), but sometimes it is within good reason and is more of a joke. But we need more blunt people on this site, it makes the site a whole lot more interesting. So I enjoy it on the most part.

I've never made comments to put you down. Hell I don't really ever make comments to do that to anyone. Like, I really don't have a reason to do that - especially with people like you.

I feel that we have a lot in common so I would really like to get to knowing you better, we don't talk much, except in Google Hangouts, in which for some reason we never end of up talking together. But we are the same age, interested in the same things, we have a lot in common so I think of webgotbtonknoe each other better I think we could be great friends.

Ok.

You are a great member and a great contributor to the site, whether it is making good posts, the DDO wiki, or DDO surveys. That's about it I suppose

Cool.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 1:18:14 AM
At 10/17/2015 12:57:48 AM, ford_prefect wrote:
Why did you bet against me in the chess tournament finals vs whiteflame!?!?

Lol, it was a joke. But I jokingly bet against you because I know Whiteflame fairly well and I don't know you very well, so I jokingly rooted for him.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 1:27:32 AM
At 10/17/2015 1:18:14 AM, Hayd wrote:

Lol, it was a joke. But I jokingly bet against you because I know Whiteflame fairly well and I don't know you very well, so I jokingly rooted for him.

haha yeah no worries, i like being the underdog anyways :P
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 1:30:55 AM
At 10/17/2015 1:27:32 AM, ford_prefect wrote:

You were extremely impressive, especially after you beat ShabShoral,
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 1:33:42 AM
At 10/17/2015 1:30:55 AM, Hayd wrote:

Why thank you, kind sir. I definitely made some mistakes in each game, but hey it all worked out in the end
TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 1:38:12 AM

Honest opinion

What would drive you to take your own life?

How do we know you will be honest?

If I say I am lying, am I telling the truth?
n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 1:49:44 AM
/in for the honest opinion

You can only take 3 books with you on a 5 year mission to space. What would they be?
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 1:58:30 AM
At 10/17/2015 1:33:42 AM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 10/17/2015 1:30:55 AM, Hayd wrote:

Why thank you, kind sir. I definitely made some mistakes in each game, but hey it all worked out in the end

No problem :)
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 2:02:46 AM
At 10/17/2015 1:38:12 AM, TheChristian wrote:

Honest opinion

I will respond to this when I have access to a computer.
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 4:52:34 AM

imma hop on dis bandwagon and ask for an opinion.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 5:28:01 AM

Honest opinion

I don't know you much at all, so I don't can't give an opinion.

This is a disturbing question to think about, I suppose living in a Big Brother society would.
About the above question? Use a lie detector I suppose.
haha, fun paradox, yes you are telling the truth is the answer.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 5:34:11 AM
At 10/17/2015 1:49:44 AM, n7 wrote:
/in for the honest opinion
Sadly I don't have much of a personal connection with you, which I wish would change. You are very intelligent, through the PM, the forums and your debates, you create very interesting content to read. You are extremely kind, and don't get frustrated with idiots like me who are attempting to understand philosophy and failing. You are a very good member, and make DDO a much better place to converse in. I would like to say more, but alas I do not know you that well :(
You can only take 3 books with you on a 5 year mission to space. What would they be?

The Bible, that would be an interesting and time consuming read, The Lorax by Dr. Seauss, and something Niel Degrasee Tyson wrote, I love that guy, would probably help me in space too, would a Playboy magazine count as a book? That would be an essential iteam...
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 5:37:16 AM
At 10/17/2015 4:52:34 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:

imma hop on dis bandwagon and ask for an opinion.

I don't know you very well, you join the Hangouts sometimes but you don't really say much, your posts are interesting and make me smile. "There's that rascal Uther, doin something again." I enjoy reading your posts, it makes DDO more enjoyable for me. But since I don't know you personally, I can not say much. Whether that can change is up to you and me.
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 5:41:30 AM

I request an honest opinion.
---

Were you ever in a physical altercation?

Did you ever slip/trip and fall?

Did you ever choke on food or drink?

Which presidential candidate do you like best and why?
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
zeromeansnothing
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 9:30:39 AM
What do you think of your avatar? I think it is creepy.
Does it suggest honesty?
You voted me down once, how could you do such a thing?
Do you not like me, is that it?
Are you a newbie assassin?
Is your favourite time of the year Halloween.
Seriously, why do you donate so much of your time to the facilitation of public discourse.
Thanks
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 1:53:55 PM

Questions:

Honest opinion of me?

What is your favorite thing about DDO?

What are your goals for (i) the next six months, (ii) the next year, (iii) the next five years?
Tsar of DDO
TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 1:59:16 PM
At 10/17/2015 5:28:01 AM, Hayd wrote:

Honest opinion

I don't know you much at all, so I don't can't give an opinion.

This is a disturbing question to think about, I suppose living in a Big Brother society would.
About the above question? Use a lie detector I suppose.
That would mean we knew your precise location, had access to a lie detector and that you were not able to lie to the machine, which even I could lie to.
haha, fun paradox, yes you are telling the truth is the answer.
Then I would be lying ad telling the truth? That is impossible.
AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 2:16:40 PM
At 10/17/2015 9:30:39 AM, zeromeansnothing wrote:
What do you think of your avatar? I think it is creepy.
Does it suggest honesty?
You voted me down once, how could you do such a thing?
Do you not like me, is that it?
Are you a newbie assassin?
Is your favourite time of the year Halloween.
Seriously, why do you donate so much of your time to the facilitation of public discourse.
Thanks

Hahaha! We meet again!
"Evolution proves necessity is the mother of invention" - David Henson

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt8800: "When warring men kidnap damsels of the enemy, what do they do?"

Jerry947: "They give them the option of marriage."

Matt8800: "Correct! You won idiot of the year award!"

http://explosm.net...