Total Posts:127|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Advice Wanted Here

Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 4:51:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
So there's this really super-hot girl at my school, and she seems to be into me and Im pretty sure she's flirting with me, and she's super hot. But the thing is that she has a boyfriend, on the football team, they've been going out for 2 years, she also seems pretty shallow, so I don't think I could preserve a long relationship if it happened to work out. I don't know what to do, my male instincts are telling me one thing and my rational mind is telling me another. Advice?
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 4:52:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/16/2015 4:51:43 AM, Hayd wrote:
So there's this really super-hot girl at my school, and she seems to be into me and Im pretty sure she's flirting with me, and she's super hot. But the thing is that she has a boyfriend, on the football team, they've been going out for 2 years, she also seems pretty shallow, so I don't think I could preserve a long relationship if it happened to work out. I don't know what to do, my male instincts are telling me one thing and my rational mind is telling me another. Advice?

Don't do it.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 4:54:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/16/2015 4:51:43 AM, Hayd wrote:
So there's this really super-hot girl at my school, and she seems to be into me and Im pretty sure she's flirting with me, and she's super hot. But the thing is that she has a boyfriend, on the football team, they've been going out for 2 years, she also seems pretty shallow, so I don't think I could preserve a long relationship if it happened to work out. I don't know what to do, my male instincts are telling me one thing and my rational mind is telling me another. Advice?

If you can't see yourself being with her--why bother? She also has a boyfriend. You don't want to get involved with that..trust me.
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 5:00:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/16/2015 4:54:06 AM, Lee001 wrote:
At 10/16/2015 4:51:43 AM, Hayd wrote:
So there's this really super-hot girl at my school, and she seems to be into me and Im pretty sure she's flirting with me, and she's super hot. But the thing is that she has a boyfriend, on the football team, they've been going out for 2 years, she also seems pretty shallow, so I don't think I could preserve a long relationship if it happened to work out. I don't know what to do, my male instincts are telling me one thing and my rational mind is telling me another. Advice?

If you can't see yourself being with her--why bother? She also has a boyfriend. You don't want to get involved with that..trust me.

1) She's super hot.
2) Her friends are super hot
3) Dating her would regain my social class to a reasonable extent that I had before.
4) I would be respected by other male friends.

It may be worth it, I mean he could be a reasonable guy, if there was a time separation between when they break up and we get together, it's a close call.
Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 5:04:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/16/2015 5:00:36 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 10/16/2015 4:54:06 AM, Lee001 wrote:
At 10/16/2015 4:51:43 AM, Hayd wrote:
So there's this really super-hot girl at my school, and she seems to be into me and Im pretty sure she's flirting with me, and she's super hot. But the thing is that she has a boyfriend, on the football team, they've been going out for 2 years, she also seems pretty shallow, so I don't think I could preserve a long relationship if it happened to work out. I don't know what to do, my male instincts are telling me one thing and my rational mind is telling me another. Advice?

If you can't see yourself being with her--why bother? She also has a boyfriend. You don't want to get involved with that..trust me.

1) She's super hot.
2) Her friends are super hot
3) Dating her would regain my social class to a reasonable extent that I had before.
4) I would be respected by other male friends.

It may be worth it, I mean he could be a reasonable guy, if there was a time separation between when they break up and we get together, it's a close call.

AND THIS is why I don't like guys...-.-

Seriously, you just want to be with her because she's hot, and if you date, you'll become popular. You just admitted she seems shallow, meaning you don't her personality. But you just want to date her because she's hot & you wanna be popular... -_-
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 5:38:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/16/2015 5:04:22 AM, Lee001 wrote:
At 10/16/2015 5:00:36 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 10/16/2015 4:54:06 AM, Lee001 wrote:
At 10/16/2015 4:51:43 AM, Hayd wrote:
So there's this really super-hot girl at my school, and she seems to be into me and Im pretty sure she's flirting with me, and she's super hot. But the thing is that she has a boyfriend, on the football team, they've been going out for 2 years, she also seems pretty shallow, so I don't think I could preserve a long relationship if it happened to work out. I don't know what to do, my male instincts are telling me one thing and my rational mind is telling me another. Advice?

If you can't see yourself being with her--why bother? She also has a boyfriend. You don't want to get involved with that..trust me.

1) She's super hot.
2) Her friends are super hot
3) Dating her would regain my social class to a reasonable extent that I had before.
4) I would be respected by other male friends.

It may be worth it, I mean he could be a reasonable guy, if there was a time separation between when they break up and we get together, it's a close call.

AND THIS is why I don't like guys...-.-

Seriously, you just want to be with her because she's hot, and if you date, you'll become popular. You just admitted she seems shallow, meaning you don't her personality. But you just want to date her because she's hot & you wanna be popular... -_-

You are making incorrect assumptions on who I am, which is partly my fault because of me trying to communicate with people through a iPhone 4. But you misunderstand, it is extremely complex, and the fact that I can't figure this situatiom out scares me, which is why I am asking for help on this thread.

You assume I want to be popular, but you don't know my story, I was popular, I was the popular kid in grade school and beginning of Junior High, but then I realized that none of my popular "friends" were real people at all and they were shallow hollow carcasses with no meaning to their lives, they were lifeless molds conforming to whatever society set out for them to be. So I said fvck them and willingly lowered my self down the ranks, I don't want to get popular again, but if I ever wanted to I would have that option available to me, or if any of my friends wanted to be bumped up then I could do that.

Yes, she is hot. Yet the circumstances are tough, I would usually not do it and be rational about it, but somethings tripping me up, I can't seem to figure it out, I usually figure this out in a jiffy, no problem, but it's trippin me up for some reason and I don't know why.

You see, in the end I analyze everything cuz I'm pathological like that ;)
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,098
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 6:15:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/16/2015 5:00:36 AM, Hayd wrote:
1) She's super hot.
2) Her friends are super hot
3) Dating her would regain my social class to a reasonable extent that I had before.
4) I would be respected by other male friends

Wanna hear my take?
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,098
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 6:28:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/16/2015 6:15:20 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/16/2015 5:00:36 AM, Hayd wrote:
1) She's super hot.
2) Her friends are super hot
3) Dating her would regain my social class to a reasonable extent that I had before.
4) I would be respected by other male friends

Wanna hear my take?

Eh. You may have fallen asleep so I'll give it. It's exceedingly blunt.

---

I'm very cynical with high school relationships. Well holy sh!t people are hot...You'll have more respect for your time if you let things develop on their own. You're too smart to be going about relationships simply based on how hot someone is, Hayd. I mean that.

I used to be friends with some pretty popular people at my old school. I still could be. But nonetheless I didn't feel it over time, so I started to separate myself. Do you think I wanted to go back for social status? Fvck social status. There are things far more fulfilling, and far more productive. People will respect you in your niche. I usually fit in fine as the angry one, or the nihilistic and cynical one, or the deadpan psychopath, or all three. All of which are more fulfilling than being friends or having a romantic association with a popular kid. I'd rather read Romeo and Juliet five times without doing anything else besides eating and sleeping than build a social repuation for the sake of having it.

Some of your male friends are shallow as fvck if that's the reason they'd respect you, too. Goddamn - I'd rather take a hatchet and make a giant wound in my thigh than hang around with people who like you for your petty social accomplishments. Your will be better off in the long-run with the hatchet - because you'll figure it to be a bad decision far faster than those people. It's hard to make new friends years down the line when you figure out that there's nothing to respect in some people you've been spending all of your time around. Also, there is better things to mess with than a flirtatious girl who already has a boyfriend. And if she is as shallow as you say, she probably won't be the type you want to be around in a couple years. These people statistically do worse in life.

Maybe I'm just too exhausted for high school things, but from my view: there are better things to do.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 9:16:21 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/16/2015 4:51:43 AM, Hayd wrote:
So there's this really super-hot girl at my school, and she seems to be into me and Im pretty sure she's flirting with me, and she's super hot. But the thing is that she has a boyfriend, on the football team, they've been going out for 2 years, she also seems pretty shallow, so I don't think I could preserve a long relationship if it happened to work out. I don't know what to do, my male instincts are telling me one thing and my rational mind is telling me another. Advice?

This is called oneitis. Stop thinking some Bitchh is special and just go get some pvssy. That attitude will get you more VJJ, than the attitude that some girl is special.
YYW
Posts: 36,233
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 12:41:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/16/2015 5:00:36 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 10/16/2015 4:54:06 AM, Lee001 wrote:
At 10/16/2015 4:51:43 AM, Hayd wrote:
So there's this really super-hot girl at my school, and she seems to be into me and Im pretty sure she's flirting with me, and she's super hot. But the thing is that she has a boyfriend, on the football team, they've been going out for 2 years, she also seems pretty shallow, so I don't think I could preserve a long relationship if it happened to work out. I don't know what to do, my male instincts are telling me one thing and my rational mind is telling me another. Advice?

If you can't see yourself being with her--why bother? She also has a boyfriend. You don't want to get involved with that..trust me.

1) She's super hot.
2) Her friends are super hot
3) Dating her would regain my social class to a reasonable extent that I had before.
4) I would be respected by other male friends.

It may be worth it, I mean he could be a reasonable guy, if there was a time separation between when they break up and we get together, it's a close call.

Two words:

Carpe diem.

And some more words:

There is literally no reason why you should't try, other than risking a fight with her current boyfriend. I will say that in high school, students do things that try to play one against the other, and, it is not uncommon --for example-- for girls to pretend to show interest in other guys to make their boyfriend's jealous, with the intent of repsarking something that they feel is "lost" in their relationships. I'm not saying that that's what's going on here, but you should go into the situation with your eyes wide open.

Likewise, if she is shallow... you have to ask yourself what you want. If you just want to be with a hot girl, then the fact that she's shallow shouldn't matter (because what you want is shallow too). Being shallow is *not* a bad thing, especially in high school, either. It's really more of just a fact of life.

My only suggestion is that no matter what you do, don't get too emotionally involved with her too quickly. That's when problems start to get pretty big, and you don't want that.
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 12:43:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/16/2015 5:00:36 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 10/16/2015 4:54:06 AM, Lee001 wrote:
At 10/16/2015 4:51:43 AM, Hayd wrote:
So there's this really super-hot girl at my school, and she seems to be into me and Im pretty sure she's flirting with me, and she's super hot. But the thing is that she has a boyfriend, on the football team, they've been going out for 2 years, she also seems pretty shallow, so I don't think I could preserve a long relationship if it happened to work out. I don't know what to do, my male instincts are telling me one thing and my rational mind is telling me another. Advice?

If you can't see yourself being with her--why bother? She also has a boyfriend. You don't want to get involved with that..trust me.

1) She's super hot.
2) Her friends are super hot
3) Dating her would regain my social class to a reasonable extent that I had before.
4) I would be respected by other male friends.

And those 4 reasons are sundae of why you should not pursue this

It may be worth it, I mean he could be a reasonable guy, if there was a time separation between when they break up and we get together, it's a close call.

and this is the cherry on top
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
lannan13
Posts: 23,016
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 1:58:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/16/2015 4:51:43 AM, Hayd wrote:
So there's this really super-hot girl at my school, and she seems to be into me and Im pretty sure she's flirting with me, and she's super hot. But the thing is that she has a boyfriend, on the football team, they've been going out for 2 years, she also seems pretty shallow, so I don't think I could preserve a long relationship if it happened to work out. I don't know what to do, my male instincts are telling me one thing and my rational mind is telling me another. Advice?

How do you know she's flittering with me?

Unless she's polyromantic I don't see her enjoying double dating you. Plus if the dude finds out you are 40 shades of fvcked.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 2:58:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/16/2015 5:00:36 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 10/16/2015 4:54:06 AM, Lee001 wrote:
At 10/16/2015 4:51:43 AM, Hayd wrote:
So there's this really super-hot girl at my school, and she seems to be into me and Im pretty sure she's flirting with me, and she's super hot. But the thing is that she has a boyfriend, on the football team, they've been going out for 2 years, she also seems pretty shallow, so I don't think I could preserve a long relationship if it happened to work out. I don't know what to do, my male instincts are telling me one thing and my rational mind is telling me another. Advice?

If you can't see yourself being with her--why bother? She also has a boyfriend. You don't want to get involved with that..trust me.

1) She's super hot.
2) Her friends are super hot
3) Dating her would regain my social class to a reasonable extent that I had before.
4) I would be respected by other male friends.

It may be worth it, I mean he could be a reasonable guy, if there was a time separation between when they break up and we get together, it's a close call.

Take this with a grain of salt, since I am the type of person who prioritizes emotional connection over "just sex," but I think you should be careful to enter into a relationship that you believe will not work. If, on the other hand, you're just looking for a one night stand, you need to ask yourself wither pissing off her boyfriend is worth it. That's a decision only you can make.

I am also kind of disturbed that regaining social status is seen as a legitimate reason for sleeping with/dating someone...Be comfortable with who you are, and don't let your social status dictate your life decisions or the way you feel about yourself or the way you allow yourself to act. Be with who you want to be with because you want to be with them, not because you want to climb the ladder of social success...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 3:08:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I also disagree with YYW's "Carpe Diem" argument.

Not all opportunities should be seized, and we need to use our better judgement to decide which one's are the ones that are best to pursue. Moreover, there is definitely something wrong with shallowness, particularly because if you get into a habit of acting for shallow reasons, you begin to be defined by that shallowness. I've known some great people do things for shallow reasons, and get stuck in a hedonistic mindset from which they've yet to escape, and now most people have little respect for them as people. Some shallowness is okay. Like, when I go to the store and buy something to indulge a materialistic whim. But I think that sex should be treated as something far more intimate, and that it is fundamentally bad, immoral, and foolish to conceptualize sex as a commodity to trade, a prize to win, or a tool to better one's self.

Chris put it bluntly, but I agree with his general sentiment. YYW is just wrong on this issue.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,098
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 3:38:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/16/2015 3:08:02 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Chris put it bluntly, but I agree with his general sentiment.

I feel like you're holding back a thought or two on that. :P
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 3:41:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/16/2015 3:38:32 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/16/2015 3:08:02 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Chris put it bluntly, but I agree with his general sentiment.

I feel like you're holding back a thought or two on that. :P

Yeah. I don't want to rage. Particularly, because it might come across as if I was upset with Hayd, and I am not. I have an enormous amount of respect for him, and his feelings are utterly understandable. I am just upset that we've created a culture where it's okay to have sex for some of the reasons Hayd listed, and that anyone would respond in the affirmative to Hayd's question.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,098
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 3:44:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/16/2015 3:41:49 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/16/2015 3:38:32 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/16/2015 3:08:02 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Chris put it bluntly, but I agree with his general sentiment.

I feel like you're holding back a thought or two on that. :P

Yeah. I don't want to rage. Particularly, because it might come across as if I was upset with Hayd, and I am not. I have an enormous amount of respect for him, and his feelings are utterly understandable. I am just upset that we've created a culture where it's okay to have sex for some of the reasons Hayd listed, and that anyone would respond in the affirmative to Hayd's question.

Yeah but I'm a cynical a$shole so I have no problem criticizing societal norms and influences in the bluntest fashion imaginable.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 3:47:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/16/2015 3:44:04 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/16/2015 3:41:49 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/16/2015 3:38:32 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/16/2015 3:08:02 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Chris put it bluntly, but I agree with his general sentiment.

I feel like you're holding back a thought or two on that. :P

Yeah. I don't want to rage. Particularly, because it might come across as if I was upset with Hayd, and I am not. I have an enormous amount of respect for him, and his feelings are utterly understandable. I am just upset that we've created a culture where it's okay to have sex for some of the reasons Hayd listed, and that anyone would respond in the affirmative to Hayd's question.

Yeah but I'm a cynical a$shole so I have no problem criticizing societal norms and influences in the bluntest fashion imaginable.

I don't think of you as an a$shole, but you're definitely cynical...It gives you a great sense of humor.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 7:32:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/16/2015 3:41:49 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Yeah. I don't want to rage. Particularly, because it might come across as if I was upset with Hayd, and I am not. I have an enormous amount of respect for him, and his feelings are utterly understandable.

Dankeschon, I appreciate it, a lot.

I am just upset that we've created a culture where it's okay to have sex for some of the reasons Hayd listed, and that anyone would respond in the affirmative to Hayd's question.

I was not giving it as reasons to pursue sex, I was giving it as reasons to put interest into a potential relationship.
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 7:33:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/16/2015 6:15:19 AM, SM2 wrote:
Don't date her, but see if she'll cheat on her boyfriend with you.

I'm not that much of a_dick
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,098
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 7:35:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/16/2015 7:32:54 PM, Hayd wrote:
At 10/16/2015 3:41:49 PM, bsh1 wrote:
I was not giving it as reasons to pursue sex, I was giving it as reasons to put interest into a potential relationship.

A potential relationship of...?...

...Tell me what you can get out of it besides sex and social status. Anything...
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 7:37:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/16/2015 6:28:06 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Eh. You may have fallen asleep so I'll give it. It's exceedingly blunt.
Yes I did, and yes, you are exceedingly blunt.

---

I'm very cynical with high school relationships. Well holy sh!t people are hot...You'll have more respect for your time if you let things develop on their own. You're too smart to be going about relationships simply based on how hot someone is, Hayd. I mean that.

Well thank you, after analyzing the Pros and Cons of the situation I decided that I would merely become friends with her, no romantic situation.

I used to be friends with some pretty popular people at my old school. I still could be. But nonetheless I didn't feel it over time, so I started to separate myself. Do you think I wanted to go back for social status? Fvck social status. There are things far more fulfilling, and far more productive. People will respect you in your niche. I usually fit in fine as the angry one, or the nihilistic and cynical one, or the deadpan psychopath, or all three. All of which are more fulfilling than being friends or having a romantic association with a popular kid. I'd rather read Romeo and Juliet five times without doing anything else besides eating and sleeping than build a social repuation for the sake of having it.

Dude I did that same exact thing! (See reply to Lee001) Evidence that we are clones. (except I'm not gay)


Some of your male friends are shallow as fvck if that's the reason they'd respect you, too. Goddamn

Well, I have a wide variety of friends from every social class. Friends belonging to certain social classes would feel this way, but they are not my prefered friends.

- I'd rather take a hatchet and make a giant wound in my thigh than hang around with people who like you for your petty social accomplishments. Your will be better off in the long-run with the hatchet - because you'll figure it to be a bad decision far faster than those people. It's hard to make new friends years down the line when you figure out that there's nothing to respect in some people you've been spending all of your time around. Also, there is better things to mess with than a flirtatious girl who already has a boyfriend. And if she is as shallow as you say, she probably won't be the type you want to be around in a couple years. These people statistically do worse in life.

Maybe I'm just too exhausted for high school things, but from my view: there are better things to do.
i AGREE
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 7:37:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/16/2015 7:32:54 PM, Hayd wrote:
At 10/16/2015 3:41:49 PM, bsh1 wrote:
I am just upset that we've created a culture where it's okay to have sex for some of the reasons Hayd listed, and that anyone would respond in the affirmative to Hayd's question.

I was not giving it as reasons to pursue sex, I was giving it as reasons to put interest into a potential relationship.

And this is better how?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 7:39:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/16/2015 7:35:59 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/16/2015 7:32:54 PM, Hayd wrote:
At 10/16/2015 3:41:49 PM, bsh1 wrote:
I was not giving it as reasons to pursue sex, I was giving it as reasons to put interest into a potential relationship.

A potential relationship of...?...

...Tell me what you can get out of it besides sex and social status. Anything...

...idk...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 7:39:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/16/2015 7:38:23 PM, Hayd wrote:
At 10/16/2015 7:37:34 PM, bsh1 wrote:
And this is better how?

Well, Im not a sex craving pervert, merely a lonely soul.

That doesn't answer my question. How is it okay to enter into a relationship in order to boost social standing?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 7:39:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/16/2015 7:39:16 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/16/2015 7:38:23 PM, Hayd wrote:
At 10/16/2015 7:37:34 PM, bsh1 wrote:
And this is better how?

Well, Im not a sex craving pervert, merely a lonely soul.

That doesn't answer my question. How is it okay to enter into a relationship in order to boost social standing?

It isnt
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 7:40:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/16/2015 7:39:43 PM, Hayd wrote:
At 10/16/2015 7:39:16 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/16/2015 7:38:23 PM, Hayd wrote:
At 10/16/2015 7:37:34 PM, bsh1 wrote:
And this is better how?

Well, Im not a sex craving pervert, merely a lonely soul.

That doesn't answer my question. How is it okay to enter into a relationship in order to boost social standing?

It isnt

Good. So don't even consider that effect when evaluating whether a relationship is worth having or not.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 7:41:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/16/2015 7:40:34 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Good. So don't even consider that effect when evaluating whether a relationship is worth having or not.

I wasnt really, it was much more complicated than that, see reply to Lee