Self-Image

Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 6:47:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I just came across this video recently.

It really touched my heart. It just confirmed my opinion on society. Society is fake, and cruel.

Allot of people suffer from depression due to self-image. Society picks fun at them, just to make them feel worse. When someone is down on the ground, society feels the need to kick them.

Though lots of girls do wear makeup, its not because we hate the way we look, but because we want to enhance our features. Actually, some girls do hate the way they look, so they feel the need to wear a mask.

But this video just really is disturbing, not the girl in the video, but the comments..
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 8:28:53 PM
At 10/16/2015 7:17:00 PM, Hayd wrote:
That was a wonderfully insightful video and I am very glad you shared it. Thank you.

Anytime :)
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 9:00:12 PM
At 10/16/2015 6:47:56 PM, Lee001 wrote:

It really touched my heart. It just confirmed my opinion on society. Society is fake, and cruel.

Allot of people suffer from depression due to self-image. Society picks fun at them, just to make them feel worse. When someone is down on the ground, society feels the need to kick them.

Though lots of girls do wear makeup, its not because we hate the way we look, but because we want to enhance our features. Actually, some girls do hate the way they look, so they feel the need to wear a mask.

But this video just really is disturbing, not the girl in the video, but the comments..

That video almost reminded me of this song. Sick of it- Skillet
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 10:27:37 PM

This, my naive acquaintance, is FAR from disturbing. Do you wish to explore the realm of morbidness, dark, cruel, and the sickening? Travel to un-governed Afghanistan or even Nigeria. You could also visit the slums in Guatemala. I speculate that upon visitation to the above mentioned, you would drastically alter your perspective of the "downtroddens" an American female faces versus those "living" (surviving if that) in the above mentioned regions. I'm quite positive those in famine, diseased, and dying would cherish the opportunity to be placed in a position wherein the greatest stressor they face is vitriol regarding their appearance.

But no, what is on display here are females who lack confidence and are affected by the input of others, which does not captivate me sympathetically.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 2:27:07 AM
At 10/16/2015 10:27:37 PM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:

This, my naive acquaintance, is FAR from disturbing. Do you wish to explore the realm of morbidness, dark, cruel, and the sickening? Travel to un-governed Afghanistan or even Nigeria. You could also visit the slums in Guatemala. I speculate that upon visitation to the above mentioned, you would drastically alter your perspective of the "downtroddens" an American female faces versus those "living" (surviving if that) in the above mentioned regions. I'm quite positive those in famine, diseased, and dying would cherish the opportunity to be placed in a position wherein the greatest stressor they face is vitriol regarding their appearance.

But no, what is on display here are females who lack confidence and are affected by the input of others, which does not captivate me sympathetically.

you're username is very telling of you
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 4:36:18 PM
At 10/17/2015 2:27:07 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 10/16/2015 10:27:37 PM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:

Your username is very telling of you
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 5:46:15 PM
This seems like an extremely modern problem to me--and one that is not so worthy of attention.

The issue is not really with the people making those kind of comments but with the people that are/or feel they are being attacked for their appearance.

If their appearance wasn't *that* important to them, they wouldn't make such a big deal. Moreover if you're going to show yourself on the Internet, obviously people will take note of how you look. It is nothing compared to what young women are going through in elsewhere in the world, which is thus why people need to get more real on the topic.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'