Total Posts:20|Showing Posts:1-20
Jump to topic:

None like me - AMA

PetersSmith
Posts: 5,840
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 12:50:00 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/2/2015 12:46:46 AM, Mirza wrote:
As the figure of most peculiar nature here, I feel obliged to let you all once again ask me anything, and I shall answer.

First name:

Surname:

Sex:

Relationship status:

Sexual orientation:

Ethnicity:

Religion:

Position on the creationism-evolution controversy:

Most hated religion:

Political ideology:

Most hated political ideology:

Preferred form of government:

Preferred economic system:

City:

Country:

Mother's maiden name:

Geo coordinates:

Birthday:

Age:

Tropical zodiac:

Browser user agent:

Current education level:

Assessment of academic performance:

Assessment of quality of life:

Assessment of level of happiness:

Attempted suicide:

Lost the will to live:

Number of "good friends":

Employment Company:

Occupation:

Height:

Weight:

Blood type:

Favorite color:

Favorite song:

Favorite TV show:

Favorite video game:

Favorite movie:

Favorite quote:

Worst enemy on this site:

Vehicle (if any):

Your version of a "perfect society":

Were you expecting this:
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Insignifica
Posts: 285
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 12:51:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/2/2015 12:46:46 AM, Mirza wrote:
As the figure of most peculiar nature here, I feel obliged to let you all once again ask me anything, and I shall answer.

What is your honest opinion of me?

What do you think is the solution to the current refugee crises Europe is facing?

Are you particularly religious? If so, what do you think of attempts to syllogistically prove God's existence?
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 12:59:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Oh well.

At 11/2/2015 12:50:00 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

First name:
Mirza.

Ethnicity:
European/white - Bosniak specifically.

Religion:
Islam.

Position on the creationism-evolution controversy:
It is nonsensical. God created everything in periods, and that counts for living beings as well, humans included.

Most hated religion:
Any polytheistic religion.

Worst enemy on this site:
I don't have any now. I do strongly dislike a few individuals, who I think are extremely harmful to the atmosphere of the site, and are disturbed individuals.

Were you expecting this:
Not this time around. :)
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,840
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 1:02:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/2/2015 12:59:46 AM, Mirza wrote:
Oh well.

At 11/2/2015 12:50:00 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

First name:
Mirza.

Ethnicity:
European/white - Bosniak specifically.

Religion:
Islam.

Position on the creationism-evolution controversy:
It is nonsensical. God created everything in periods, and that counts for living beings as well, humans included.

Most hated religion:
Any polytheistic religion.

Worst enemy on this site:
I don't have any now. I do strongly dislike a few individuals, who I think are extremely harmful to the atmosphere of the site, and are disturbed individuals.

Were you expecting this:
Not this time around. :)

You skipped the vast majority of the questions. You said "ask me anything and I shall answer".
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 1:08:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/2/2015 12:51:51 AM, Insignifica wrote:
What is your honest opinion of me?
You look like a nice person so far, but I can't say more.

What do you think is the solution to the current refugee crises Europe is facing?
Take in a good amount of refugees, and cooperate with other countries to take their share. There's no solution to the refugee crisis as long as there is chaos in the Middle East. Europe must oppose all foreign policy that is as destructive as America's has been, and then we'll be less morally obliged to take in people whose lives were damaged by wars.

Are you particularly religious? If so, what do you think of attempts to syllogistically prove God's existence?
I believe in Islam - that much I can tell. I don't think most people will be convinced by such attempts to either prove or disprove God's existence. Ultimately, every man should strive to believe in God, and wish for Him to be real.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 1:11:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/2/2015 1:02:15 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
You skipped the vast majority of the questions. You said "ask me anything and I shall answer".
I answered non-verbally... by ignoring. :)
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,840
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 1:15:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/2/2015 1:11:15 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 11/2/2015 1:02:15 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
You skipped the vast majority of the questions. You said "ask me anything and I shall answer".
I answered non-verbally... by ignoring. :)

Ignoring is not answering something, it's avoiding answering something. Which also makes you a liar. Are you afraid to answer because an honest answer to certain questions, the ones you didn't answer, would espouse weakness?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 1:20:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/2/2015 1:15:27 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
Ignoring is not answering something, it's avoiding answering something. Which also makes you a liar. Are you afraid to answer because an honest answer to certain questions, the ones you didn't answer, would espouse weakness?
When I said I'd answer, I meant with either a response or none. :)
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,840
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 1:22:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/2/2015 1:20:43 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 11/2/2015 1:15:27 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
Ignoring is not answering something, it's avoiding answering something. Which also makes you a liar. Are you afraid to answer because an honest answer to certain questions, the ones you didn't answer, would espouse weakness?
When I said I'd answer, I meant with either a response or none. :)

Equivocation fallacy.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 1:30:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/2/2015 1:22:48 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
Equivocation fallacy.
Only if you can see where I intended to switch the meanings. Since you cannot, you surely won't make the fallacy easy to spot for any of us. :)
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,840
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 1:32:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/2/2015 1:30:32 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 11/2/2015 1:22:48 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
Equivocation fallacy.
Only if you can see where I intended to switch the meanings. Since you cannot, you surely won't make the fallacy easy to spot for any of us. :)

The beginning heavily implied that you would "answer anything", especially since this is the norm context. But you changed it later, in response to me calling you out, to suit your own needs and "save yourself".
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 1:34:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/2/2015 1:32:38 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
The beginning heavily implied that you would "answer anything", especially since this is the norm context. But you changed it later, in response to me calling you out, to suit your own needs and "save yourself".
It has been the norm to ignore questions that weren't appropriate to answer, so I followed the norm and didn't specify I'd ignore some... because it's obvious. :)
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,840
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 1:36:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/2/2015 1:34:32 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 11/2/2015 1:32:38 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
The beginning heavily implied that you would "answer anything", especially since this is the norm context. But you changed it later, in response to me calling you out, to suit your own needs and "save yourself".
It has been the norm to ignore questions that weren't appropriate to answer, so I followed the norm and didn't specify I'd ignore some... because it's obvious. :)

Not exactly, so that's you again trying to change the definition of what is the norm to suit your favor. From your argument, the "norm" for not wanting to answer something would be where the user specifically says "no" or something along those lines, or at least just omits a few.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 1:37:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/2/2015 1:36:22 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
Not exactly, so that's you again trying to change the definition of what is the norm to suit your favor. From your argument, the "norm" for not wanting to answer something would be where the user specifically says "no" or something along those lines, or at least just omits a few.
You don't need to specify that you're following the norm. :)
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,840
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 1:39:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/2/2015 1:37:37 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 11/2/2015 1:36:22 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
Not exactly, so that's you again trying to change the definition of what is the norm to suit your favor. From your argument, the "norm" for not wanting to answer something would be where the user specifically says "no" or something along those lines, or at least just omits a few.
You don't need to specify that you're following the norm. :)

You should specify whether you're going to answer certain types of questions or not. And not specifying whether you're deviating from the norm is violating what the "norm" is, which thus means you're making your own definition of it.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 1:41:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/2/2015 1:39:30 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
You should specify whether you're going to answer certain types of questions or not. And not specifying whether you're deviating from the norm is violating what the "norm" is, which thus means you're making your own definition of it.
That would be unnecessary to do as only a maximum amount of one person is unlikely to realize specification is not needed. :)
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,840
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 1:42:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/2/2015 1:41:27 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 11/2/2015 1:39:30 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
You should specify whether you're going to answer certain types of questions or not. And not specifying whether you're deviating from the norm is violating what the "norm" is, which thus means you're making your own definition of it.
That would be unnecessary to do as only a maximum amount of one person is unlikely to realize specification is not needed. :)

That's discrimination then.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...