Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

Give your honest opinions of me.

SamStevens
Posts: 3,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2015 11:21:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/7/2015 3:31:44 AM, YYW wrote:
Speak now, or forever hold your piece... lol

I shall utter my opinion now...

You're a pretty nice person to converse with in the Google + Hangouts. You have well-informed opinions and have a wide range of knowledge when it comes to a variety of topics. Your life experiences are pretty interesting to hear too.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
YYW
Posts: 36,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2015 12:59:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/9/2015 11:21:46 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 11/7/2015 3:31:44 AM, YYW wrote:
Speak now, or forever hold your piece... lol

I shall utter my opinion now...

You're a pretty nice person to converse with in the Google + Hangouts. You have well-informed opinions and have a wide range of knowledge when it comes to a variety of topics. Your life experiences are pretty interesting to hear too.

Many thanks :)
kasmic
Posts: 1,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2015 2:28:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/7/2015 3:31:44 AM, YYW wrote:
Speak now, or forever hold your piece... lol

Honestly... I think you come off as cocky and condescending. That stated, I envy your knowledge and vigor. You are incredibly good at getting your point across in a effective way. Clearly leadership comes naturally to you.

I'm mostly pissed off at how quickly, effectively, and easily you seemed to beat me in our debate. While that was humbling I have learned a great deal from you and appreciate your insight.
"Liberalism Defined" http://www.debate.org...
"The Social Contract" http://www.debate.org...
"Intro to IR An Open Discussion" http://www.debate.org...

Check out my website, the Sensible Soapbox http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
My latest article: http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
YYW
Posts: 36,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2015 2:52:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/10/2015 2:28:57 AM, kasmic wrote:
At 11/7/2015 3:31:44 AM, YYW wrote:
Speak now, or forever hold your piece... lol

Honestly... I think you come off as cocky and condescending.

Yup.

That stated, I envy your knowledge and vigor.

Cheers.

You are incredibly good at getting your point across in a effective way. Clearly leadership comes naturally to you.

I'm mostly pissed off at how quickly, effectively, and easily you seemed to beat me in our debate. While that was humbling I have learned a great deal from you and appreciate your insight.

It's not like that just happened overnight. I've been doing this for a while.
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2015 3:01:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/7/2015 3:31:44 AM, YYW wrote:
Speak now, or forever hold your piece... lol

Honest opinion: you tend to judge books by their covers, you have a short temper, you're prone to arguments even over minor things, you tend to jump to quick conclusions, you can be unreasonable at times, and I'll agree with Kasmic and say you can be cocky and condescending.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Insignifica
Posts: 285
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2015 3:02:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/7/2015 3:31:44 AM, YYW wrote:
Speak now, or forever hold your piece... lol

One of the most knowledgeable people I've ever interacted with, and also one of the most condescending & blunt.
Your RFDs are pretty awesome, and I wish you'd debate more often.
YYW
Posts: 36,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2015 3:09:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/10/2015 3:01:28 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 11/7/2015 3:31:44 AM, YYW wrote:
Speak now, or forever hold your piece... lol

Honest opinion: you tend to judge books by their covers, you have a short temper, you're prone to arguments even over minor things, you tend to jump to quick conclusions, you can be unreasonable at times, and I'll agree with Kasmic and say you can be cocky and condescending.

Certainly, and this would especially be a reasonable interpretation for you because I don't like you and therefore am less likely to overlook certain things that I might overlook with others. Is this fair? No. But I am not bothered by it.
YYW
Posts: 36,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2015 3:10:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/10/2015 3:02:10 AM, Insignifica wrote:
At 11/7/2015 3:31:44 AM, YYW wrote:
Speak now, or forever hold your piece... lol

One of the most knowledgeable people I've ever interacted with, and also one of the most condescending & blunt.

Cheers.

Your RFDs are pretty awesome, and I wish you'd debate more often.

Thanks. I really don't have time. Most of the debates involve topics that are research intensive, and I don't have time for that.
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2015 3:11:23 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/10/2015 3:09:30 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/10/2015 3:01:28 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 11/7/2015 3:31:44 AM, YYW wrote:
Speak now, or forever hold your piece... lol

Honest opinion: you tend to judge books by their covers, you have a short temper, you're prone to arguments even over minor things, you tend to jump to quick conclusions, you can be unreasonable at times, and I'll agree with Kasmic and say you can be cocky and condescending.

Certainly, and this would especially be a reasonable interpretation for you because I don't like you and therefore am less likely to overlook certain things that I might overlook with others. Is this fair? No. But I am not bothered by it.

Right, because we've had so many interactions between each other that gave you valid reasons to dislike me.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Posts: 36,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2015 3:14:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/10/2015 3:11:23 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 11/10/2015 3:09:30 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/10/2015 3:01:28 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 11/7/2015 3:31:44 AM, YYW wrote:
Speak now, or forever hold your piece... lol

Honest opinion: you tend to judge books by their covers, you have a short temper, you're prone to arguments even over minor things, you tend to jump to quick conclusions, you can be unreasonable at times, and I'll agree with Kasmic and say you can be cocky and condescending.

Certainly, and this would especially be a reasonable interpretation for you because I don't like you and therefore am less likely to overlook certain things that I might overlook with others. Is this fair? No. But I am not bothered by it.

Right, because we've had so many interactions between each other that gave you valid reasons to dislike me.

I know enough about you from what I've seen you do, and from what I know of you from other people whose judgment I think is reasonable to rely on to know that I don't like you.

You've done some very entertaining and creative things, which is somewhat redeeming (e.g. the username discussion with Max), but it's a tough thing for me to say that such an occurrence there would be enough to offset my opinion of you based on the totality of what I've seen you do on this site, and what I know of your doing on this site.
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2015 3:18:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/10/2015 3:14:30 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/10/2015 3:11:23 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 11/10/2015 3:09:30 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/10/2015 3:01:28 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 11/7/2015 3:31:44 AM, YYW wrote:
Speak now, or forever hold your piece... lol

Honest opinion: you tend to judge books by their covers, you have a short temper, you're prone to arguments even over minor things, you tend to jump to quick conclusions, you can be unreasonable at times, and I'll agree with Kasmic and say you can be cocky and condescending.

Certainly, and this would especially be a reasonable interpretation for you because I don't like you and therefore am less likely to overlook certain things that I might overlook with others. Is this fair? No. But I am not bothered by it.

Right, because we've had so many interactions between each other that gave you valid reasons to dislike me.

I know enough about you from what I've seen you do, and from what I know of you from other people whose judgment I think is reasonable to rely on to know that I don't like you.

You've done some very entertaining and creative things, which is somewhat redeeming (e.g. the username discussion with Max), but it's a tough thing for me to say that such an occurrence there would be enough to offset my opinion of you based on the totality of what I've seen you do on this site, and what I know of your doing on this site.

Why don't you actually get to know someone yourself instead of relying on other people to make the decision for you (your friends' negative opinions would automatically predispose you to observe what I do as negative), whom probably had conflicts with me because I had valid reason against them?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Posts: 36,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2015 3:26:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/10/2015 3:18:42 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
Why don't you actually get to know someone yourself instead of relying on other people to make the decision for you (your friends' negative opinions would automatically predispose you to observe what I do as negative), whom probably had conflicts with me because I had valid reason against them?

That's a dangerous question to ask. But you opened the door...

I stopped giving a sh!t when you refused to accept my friend request.

I also heard their story; even if the versions I heard were specious inventions of imagination, the common occurrence of them reasonably suggests that I have no need to get to know you.
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2015 3:31:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/10/2015 3:26:10 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/10/2015 3:18:42 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
Why don't you actually get to know someone yourself instead of relying on other people to make the decision for you (your friends' negative opinions would automatically predispose you to observe what I do as negative), whom probably had conflicts with me because I had valid reason against them?

That's a dangerous question to ask. But you opened the door...

I stopped giving a sh!t when you refused to accept my friend request.

I also heard their story; even if the versions I heard were specious inventions of imagination, the common occurrence of them reasonably suggests that I have no need to get to know you.

"I stopped giving a sh!t when you refused to accept my friend request. "

"Why I don't friend people: Well, for one it may not be the best idea for "some" people to know that I'm your friend. Two, I have a perfect number of friends without requiring to click on the "friends" to see my friends. Three, all it is is a internet friend request and means virtually nothing. Four, it means more to me if we just talk instead of the virtual click of a button. Five, I don't really want to get a feed of everything you do. "

"I also heard their story; even if the versions I heard were specious inventions of imagination, the common occurrence of them reasonably suggests that I have no need to get to know you."

Or fabrication, biased interpretations, and intentional misinterpretation, but hat's your choice then.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2015 4:30:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/7/2015 3:31:44 AM, YYW wrote:
Speak now, or forever hold your piece... lol

I think you have an enormous head, like I imagine Pinky of pinky and the brain sort of size. Perhaps Megamind - I liked that movie. I had yet to meet you, but I bet there is no hat that would fit that bulbous noggin. Now I am wondering about hats. Is there a special hat store for your type? But, I digress.

I think the generally think the oversize nature of your head makes for a tough life. You have to hold it up all the time, and people bitching at you in movies must be a pain in the a$$. That makes me feel bad... What is your shampoo budget like? Do you repeat, or would that take longer than there is hot water? So many questions...
YYW
Posts: 36,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2015 4:32:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/10/2015 4:30:30 AM, TBR wrote:
At 11/7/2015 3:31:44 AM, YYW wrote:
Speak now, or forever hold your piece... lol

I think you have an enormous head, like I imagine Pinky of pinky and the brain sort of size. Perhaps Megamind - I liked that movie. I had yet to meet you, but I bet there is no hat that would fit that bulbous noggin. Now I am wondering about hats. Is there a special hat store for your type? But, I digress.

I think the generally think the oversize nature of your head makes for a tough life. You have to hold it up all the time, and people bitching at you in movies must be a pain in the a$$. That makes me feel bad... What is your shampoo budget like? Do you repeat, or would that take longer than there is hot water? So many questions...

lol I do not have an enormous head
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2015 4:34:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago

lol I do not have an enormous head

Don't feel self conscious about it. My head didn't even fit into my profile pic. Big headed brother...